Forum

NOTICE:

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

I can't mew correctly please help  

RSS
iohSIOH
(@spiderman)

Whenever I am mewing and I feel the saliva building up and I swallow I feel myself sucking on my side teeth and then each time I do it I feel the sucking force building up and I feel like im going to actually make my palate smaller should I see a myofunctional therapist in person?

This topic was modified 1 week  ago by iohSIOH
ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/11/2018 2:05 pm RamonT liked
RamonT
(@ramont)

Hello everyone, my name is RamonT, Ramon is my middle name, I like to use it sometimes, however, nobody knows me by this name =_= . Anyway I just turned 54, and I have been mewing the right way for about 7 months, I said the right way because when I was searching for the best position for the tongue to rest, about 4 - 6 years ago, all the articles and videos I came across said to keep the tongue behind the two front teeth and never mentioned the back of the tongue. I have been watching and reading about facial exercises for about 10 years and watching bodybuilder facial gestures for about 7 years. Now that I found mewing, I have come up with a totally completely different and fun way to work out all the 43 muscles of the face almost at will. It is very much a TOTAL facial workout. Anyhow, you guys will be doing it soon, here we go:

There is a better way to anchor the tongue than the incisive papilla, IMHO. I have watched lots of videos on mewing and nobody seems to be talking about what I'm gonna share it here with you guys. I came up with it by accident while practicing this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ymj05eN4Xc, please watch the video as a visual illustration. Okay, you have the tip of the tongue placed on the papilla, from that position move the tip of the tongue back the same way the guy does in the video, but no need to go that far back, just enough until it is behind the little bump that somewhat divides the hard palate and the soft palate.  Now feel the soft palate right behind that bump I mentioned with the tip of the tongue. When you feel the soft palate insert the tip of the tongue as you make a suction action and force the tip of the tongue in there just the same way the guy does it with the Uvula. Now drive the whole tongue up and forward and spread it to the sides as well. The whole tongue is now spread all around and nested/fitted right above the whole soft palate and under the whole maxilla bones and ready for mewing. Here is a really good video that explains really well how to mew: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPGGyK-Dvig. Drive the third part of the tongue up, forward and spread it to the sides as well. All that will happen simultaneously once you do the cheesy smile, which you guys probably know, means spreading the cheek zygomatic bones to the sides, up and forward. Again, it is VERY important to lift and drive the third part of the tongue up. forward and spread to the sides all at the same time. Actually, the cheesy smile along and without the tongue will still widen the soft palate and bring the maxilla bones up as well, so your tongue can rest whenever it needs to. Here is an example of the cheesy smile. He does it throughout the video but the front view is at the 10:06 mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx4qPTYu_Fc. Notice that he rolls his lower lip in, so when done with the tongue glued/adhered to the roof of the mouth, one does it just by spreading the mouth and smiling. Now when you want to rest your tongue you can still do either the cheesy smile without rolling the lower lip or the cheesy smile rolling the lower lip in.  Rolling the lower lip in creates a bit more tension/force. That is what this anchor does, it creates a bit more tension in the whole head/face than the incisive papilla anchor does, do not get me wrong, the incisive papilla anchor is just fine, however, I just think this one is easier and better. Now activate the occipitalis, frontalis, temporalis just to name a few muscles of the face and you'll be able to work them as you please. Watching images of the muscles and bones of the face helps a lot to visualize any particular muscles or bones that one wants to work on. Play with it if you wish and good luck if you do.

My two cents for the day =_=.

Peace out there.

Ramont
ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/11/2018 9:27 am
NeverGiveup
(@nevergiveup)

You are probably doing "reverse swallow" fix your swallowing my friend.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/11/2018 10:57 am
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register