fbpx
Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

How much is my face recessed?

harrykanemaxilla
(@harrykanemaxilla)
200+ Forum Posts

On a scale of 1-10 with 1- being very recessed and 10- being completely fine

5A4ADA54 62C5 4770 8A0B 80FD14C06E27
Topic starter Posted : 20/11/2018 3:39 am
jimbobape
(@jimbobape)
10+ Forum Posts

You're not recessed at all but could definitely improve from mewing / open-mouth chewing

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2018 5:54 am
EddieMoney
(@eddiemoney)
500+ Forum Posts

Looks like normal development. But have you measured the mew line?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2018 7:47 am
Progress
(@progress)
500+ Forum Posts

Your development is normal as in average, but not normal as in ideal. Based on your overbite, subtle dorsal hump, gonial angle and philtrum projection I would say you are at 6. Numerical rating is of course highly subjective, so here is a rough approximate of your ideal profile for your own comparison:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2018 6:24 pm
Slinky
(@slinky)
100+ Forum Posts

Amazing morph. Hope op can achieve that profile with mewing 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2018 6:53 pm
john258
(@john258)
Posted by: jimbobape

You're not recessed at all but could definitely improve from mewing / open-mouth chewing

What is open mouth chewing? Is it the same as gum chewing/tongue chewing?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2018 7:34 pm
harrykanemaxilla
(@harrykanemaxilla)
200+ Forum Posts

Thanks for the great morph Progress. I thought that I was recessed because of my gonial angle and lack of jawline, long face, and lack of forward growth. Can someone show me a person with lots of recession in their face.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 20/11/2018 8:22 pm
Bogdar
(@bogdar)
50+ Forum Posts
Posted by: Progress

Your development is normal as in average, but not normal as in ideal. Based on your overbite, subtle dorsal hump, gonial angle and philtrum projection I would say you are at 6. Numerical rating is of course highly subjective, so here is a rough approximate of your ideal profile for your own comparison:

You transformed him from retrognathism to prognathism.

IMO you don't have "normal" development, at all. You have classical features of a class II malocclusion: chin back from your maxilla, nose seems not in the good dimensions compared to the face, skin under chin a bit too relaxed, lack of compacity, weak cheekline, burried ramus but I guess a not that good angle.

IMO again, on the scale of class II features, 10 being the most recessed you are like 5 or so. I don't think your ideal profile by Progress is actually your ideal profile. With all respects @Progress.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2018 9:47 pm
Progress
(@progress)
500+ Forum Posts
Posted by: Bogdar

What makes you think so?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2018 10:07 pm
Bogdar
(@bogdar)
50+ Forum Posts

What makes you think so?

As I said, cheekline is still missing. Moreover the chin is too big and give him a prognath look. Intuitively midface and lowface ratio are not good. Except for the cheekline I think your morph on midface is quite accurate and pretty good, but not for the lower face. 

I'm not saying I could do a better morph tho.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2018 10:49 pm
Progress
(@progress)
500+ Forum Posts

What makes you think so?

As I said, cheekline is still missing. Moreover the chin is too big and give him a prognath look. Intuitively midface and lowface ratio are not good. Except for the cheekline I think your morph on midface is quite accurate and pretty good, but not for the lower face. 

I'm not saying I could do a better morph tho.

From what I understand, prognathism is defined by mandibular dental arch that has advanced beyond the maxillary arch, essentially being the same thing as underbite / class III malocclusion. A strong telltale of prognathism is usually excessively pouting lower lip, which is something that is not present in the picture.

Now that you pointed it out though, I agree that his chin should end up with less vertical height and that his lower third:middle third ratio is a bit off. I may have made his nose slightly too short too.

In reality, his face would grow in a manner that would be difficult to capture without extensive editing. By this edit I was attempting to give a general picture of the extent of improvements that could possibly be available to him. Considering this, perhaps it was misleading to call it "ideal" profile.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/11/2018 12:09 am

THE GREAT WORK