Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

How bad is my weak chin ?  

RSS
isoss

Hello everyone,

Im 20 and I have been working on my tongue posture for about 3 months now. The Problem is that I didn't notice any changes. I know that it will take many years to see any results with my chin, but another Problem is that my tongue doesnt really fit into my upper palate. I was hoping that it would get wider with the correct tongue posture. But it didn't. 

Getting my tongue up there is a big fight, because it doesnt quite fit. My tongue will  hurt a lot after a couple of days. So it was hard to stay consistent.

Did you guys experience something like that and if yes how did you Deal with it? 

Also i just wanted to ask u guys generally how bad of a case my weak chin is. How many years would it take with consistency to see the slightest change?

https://imgur.com/a/VfbNy6O

Thanks in advance isoss

Posted : 06/04/2019 4:29 pm
krollic
Reputable Member

do you know your inter molar width?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/04/2019 2:00 am
isoss liked
isoss

Yes my intermolar width is about 40mm.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/04/2019 4:52 am
krollic
Reputable Member

That's actually pretty big. Unless your palate is vaulted, mewing shouldn't be a problem for you. Either that or your measurements weren't very good.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/04/2019 6:03 am
isoss liked
isoss

Oh wait you are right. My measurement was totally wrong. I measured it together with my teeth. My actual width is about 30mm.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/04/2019 6:08 am
krollic
Reputable Member

ok, that is very small. if you can't manage to keep your tongue up it is quite possible you will require an appliance to achieve expansion

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/04/2019 6:55 am
Achilles1 and isoss liked
isoss

Oh okey where would I get something like that. Should I ask my dentist? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/04/2019 8:27 am
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

find a fucntional ortho

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/04/2019 1:24 am
GreekGodBrody
Trusted Member
Posted by: krollic

do you know your inter molar width?

Just LOL hard at the pic showing the IMW measured at 3rd pair of molars. 😡 😡  First time I ever hear this.

At 3rd molars, I'm 40mm+, it means nothing, cause I'm 34mm at first molars and 39mm at 2nd molars.

IMW is measured at first molars!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/04/2019 9:47 am
Timbertiger
Eminent Member

Those first 2 are your premolars, not your molars.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/04/2019 12:10 pm
GreekGodBrody
Trusted Member
Posted by: Timbertiger

Fuarrk, I only have one set of molars that are fully visible then. The other set are my wisdom teeths which are only partially out 😰 

In Dr Mew, he also measured IMW between pre-molars.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2019 9:12 am
Timbertiger
Eminent Member
Posted by: GreekGodBrody
Posted by: Timbertiger

Fuarrk, I only have one set of molars that are fully visible then. The other set are my wisdom teeths which are only partially out 😰 

In Dr Mew, he also measured IMW between pre-molars.

I don't even have 2 sets of premolars (they were removed) AND my wisdom teeth are also only partially out. I'm screwed.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2019 10:28 am
Breezy89

Honestly the chin definitely needs work. Your maxilla also appears to be quite recessed as your nose is barely more than a cm in front of your eye area. It also looks like your thick neck may be a factor (like mine).

The good news is that you are young so with proper tongue posture and hard chewing it is likely your mandible will come forward fixing the recessed chin.

You may also experience an increase in mass on your jaw from the side as I did after two years significantly, but probably not as much as your genetically potential due to teeth extractions sadly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2019 10:54 pm