Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Hi, Newbiew here 😀  

RSS
catirl

Hey, just started to Mew 1 day ago and i have questions about my tongue posture.

Imagen relacionada

First of all, the tongue should rest in the top of the mouth and the back of the tongue aplying presure ? so this photo is wrong ? or its right?

When i put my tongue in the top of the mouth i get hurt by my 1,2 and 3 molar and im not sure if im doing well the tongue posture. Ill try to add a photo.

Posted : 13/12/2018 9:23 pm
Balotvendor

the one in the picture is wrong because it only has the tip on the roof it should be the whole tongue touching the whole hard palate.

you probably have a narrow palate thats why it hurts. that happened to me at first and its uncomfortable but after 1-2 weeks its pretty snug on my plate 

i recommend you to do the same but if it is really unbearable i guess get a expander device 

sry english isnt my first language

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/12/2018 9:28 pm
Apollo liked
catirl

Thanks for the reply! (im not native eng as well but we trying :D) 

Should i apply pressure with my tongue or should be relax all day ? and the back part of my tongue should be in the roof as well aplying pressure ? ty ty

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/12/2018 9:33 pm
Balotvendor

well i sometimes do push my tongue on the roof (hardmewing) but most of the time i just put small pressure and yes your whole tongue should be applying equal pressure 

im no expert about hard mewing i heard it can cause negative effects since you're forcing it to get fast changes rather than achieving a slow accurate progression also practice proper neck and body posture it will help you with your mewing

also avoid clenching just keep your teeth barely close 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/12/2018 9:39 pm
Apollo liked
catirl

Can someone evaluate my  posture ? what things can i improve of my overall posture ? or if i have just bad face genetics and i cant do nothing ?  

The first photo (left side) i have more masseter hypertrophy because i clinching my teeths over the night and only my left side get hypertrophy lol but im working my right side now by masseter exercises and chewing gum and its worked for me in the past.

Thanks for all guys, i  will upload my progress with mew 
This post was modified 8 months ago 4 times by catirl
ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/12/2018 10:05 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

Nice profile. Reminds me of mine. What is your indicator line score? 50mm? 45mm?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/12/2018 11:29 pm
catirl

I have no idea about that line score 🙁

Tbh i never like my profile, i have overbite and my jaw was terrilbe (if i dont do mew), i will post picture before mew and i will try to track the progress

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/12/2018 10:23 am
Redbird

Maybe try brining your lower jaw first to meet the upper jaw optimally? Get more opinions before doing this and do some research but I've heard some people talking about it. Also if you're biting on your lounge in the back try shoving the tongue up more so its out of the way and just pushing on the pallet.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/12/2018 2:55 am
catirl

Hi guys i have a few question. My palate looks like this (not exactly obv xD) after 2-3 days of hard mew but not sure how was my palate before started mew

Should i hard mew in the first and bottom part? 

I have hard overbite jaw and im reading about pushing the upper maxilar forward but im not really sure about that i need to read more in this forum, if you have any info about that, i will appreciate that 

And last question , It is good to chew gum 1hr a day for example with an overbite ? because when i open my mouth i have cracks but if i move my lower jaw forward i dont have these cracks.

Good day

This post was modified 8 months ago 6 times by catirl
ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/12/2018 1:28 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register