Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Chewing mastic gum for long periods of time with amalgam fillings? Has anyone experienced any side effects?  

RSS
widepalatebros

I was looking to see if anyone with fillings (who chew for long periods of time) has had any negative side effects. Supposedly every time you chew or swallow hot beverages a small amount of mercury from the filling leeches off as vapor. The amount is supposedly insignificant but if you were to chew like our ancestors used to, I wonder if the amount would be toxic. 

Posted : 27/01/2020 10:11 pm
Topic Tags
gewgerg

what year did you have your filling in?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/01/2020 7:25 am
Anchilles

When i was chewing mastic gum with amalgam filling, i noticed my gum becoming gray when i was chewing it also one of my amalgam filling fell off my tooth when i was hard chewing on the mastic gum.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/01/2020 9:07 pm
Elwynn
Estimable Member

@engineers

Don't you think you're exaggerating? I'm skeptical of the orthodontic industry as many here are, and I recognize that there's great money-interest in dentistry and orthodontics, but there's no need to be so hot-headed about the subject. It just clouds our judgement.

Besides, I doubt that amalgam fillings cause teeth to crack. I've had mine for years, and they serve me well.

24 years old

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/01/2020 3:49 pm