Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Help evaluating maxilla position

Going4Adonislvl

Hi,

I am very new to all of this and found out about this forum becasue of Dr. Mike Mew vidoes.  I wanted to improve my appearance naturally without sugery and foubd his vidoes. I am 30 years old so hopefully i can see some positive improvements with the help of this forum. 

I first started looking into this becasue if the self esteem dealing with how my face looks and how i was displeased with it. To me in my opinion it is verl long and horse like. I hope this forum can help me restructure it naturally. Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Maxilla improvement https://imgur.com/a/Uak6RHK

Topic starter Posted : 01/05/2018 2:51 pm
Couda
Eminent Member

Have you had braces? 

Do you clench your teeth?(during sleep, walking, reading) etc. or are your teeth apart? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/05/2018 2:57 pm
Going4Adonislvl

Hi, i have never been to a dentist before and no my teeth are together and i have never had braces. I dont clench my teeth that i know of when i am asleep. I can take a picture of me smiling if that would help?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/05/2018 3:17 pm
Couda
Eminent Member

(Teeth apart in the sense that the upper teeth doesn't touch lower teeth)
So you are biting your teeth together most of the time when awake? 

Do you have nasal problems(astma, mildly blocked nostril)? Snoring? Sometimes waking up you are drooling on your pillow?  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/05/2018 3:33 pm
Going4Adonislvl

I am afraid to clench teeth becasue i dont want to mess up my teeth or make my jaws hurt. Should i clench my teeth? I am new to all of this and am a blank canvas.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/05/2018 3:33 pm
Going4Adonislvl

I will have to attentively pay more attention but as of now i woukd say my teeth sort of barely touch but my lips are always sealed. Always have been. 

I dont snore that i know of but depending on how tired i am i will wake up with some drool sometimes lol. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/05/2018 3:52 pm
Couda
Eminent Member

Mewing is about keeping lips together, teeth together and tongue up on the roof of the mouth. Ive had my teeth apart from age 10-18 and I dont think its a coincidence that my face grew long. I think clenching is underestimated but you will often hear that it is harmful to teeth, maybe because it goes in pair with teeth grinding although it doesn't need to. Gentle and consistent clenching should bring the maxilla up and forwards.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/05/2018 3:54 pm
Going4Adonislvl

I will try doing clenching as well. I know right now as i text this. I can feel flexion in the chewing part of my jaws. Is this ok?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/05/2018 3:57 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

Judgments based on the pics:

Your eyes need support so your maxilla could be raised more

Your head looks slightly forward

Your gonial angle is rather high and I see what you mean about the longer face.

I am 32 and have seen improvements so you should, too . How wide is the distance between your first  intermolars?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/05/2018 4:05 pm
Couda
Eminent Member
Posted by: Going4Adonislvl

I will have to attentively pay more attention but as of now i woukd say my teeth sort of barely touch but my lips are always sealed. Always have been. 

I dont snore that i know of but depending on how tired i am i will wake up with some drool sometimes lol. 

That was basically me for the past years. The consequences are that there will be no up and forwards forces onto the maxilla. Leading to a long face and high gonial angle. But a high gonial angle is also an benefit because the force of biting is perpendicular to the mandible. A high gonial angle will lead to a more horizontal force in the beginning and as the gonial angle decreases, the force will be more and more upwards. 

I will try doing clenching as well. I know right now as i text this. I can feel flexion in the chewing part of my jaws. Is this ok?

I would recommend not to clench hard, only do it mildly and do it 24/7 !. I'm not sure if teeth clenching really works for upswing of maxilla but I dont see any reason why it wouldnt.

Edit: Also, dont flex! it migth strain the teeth. You want a stable, mild, consistent force.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/05/2018 4:08 pm
Going4Adonislvl
Posted by: EddieMoney

I am 32 and have seen improvements so you should, too . How wide is the distance between your first  intermolars?

I've always wondered why i have eyebags despite getting enough sleep lol.

So how can the other things be fixed like the gonial angle? Head posture as well. Maybe a chiropractor for head position? I don't know how to measure for the width. I have never been to the dentist. Is there a way to self measure?

That is a huge relief know someone else in their 30's getting results. How long have you practiced this technique for?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/05/2018 4:45 pm
Going4Adonislvl
Posted by: Couda

That was basically me for the past years. The consequences are that there will be no up and forwards forces onto the maxilla. Leading to a long face and high gonial angle. But a high gonial angle is also an benefit because the force of biting is perpendicular to the mandible. A high gonial angle will lead to a more horizontal force in the beginning and as the gonial angle decreases, the force will be more and more upwards. 

I would recommend not to clench hard, only do it mildly and do it 24/7 !. I'm not sure if teeth clenching really works for upswing of maxilla but I dont see any reason why it wouldnt.

Edit: Also, dont flex! it migth strain the teeth. You want a stable, mild, consistent force.

Wow so you were in the same position i am now? How long have you been doing this for as of now? I hope it does all work out for me. Sounds like i am in a pretty messed up starting place but you guys are encouraging me that there is hope lol. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/05/2018 4:51 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

I've always wondered why i have eyebags despite getting enough sleep lol.

So how can the other things be fixed like the gonial angle? Head posture as well. Maybe a chiropractor for head position? I don't know how to measure for the width. I have never been to the dentist. Is there a way to self measure?

That is a huge relief know someone else in their 30's getting results. How long have you practiced this technique for?

Done it for 6 months. Intermolar was measured from 38 mm to now 44 mm. 

Head posture can be fixed with tucking your chin and then pushing your occiput back.

Gonial angle can lessen with proper posture. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/05/2018 5:19 pm
Couda
Eminent Member

Wow so you were in the same position i am now? How long have you been doing this for as of now? I hope it does all work out for me. Sounds like i am in a pretty messed up starting place but you guys are encouraging me that there is hope lol. 

Ive only been teeth clenching for 2 days. But I can feel that my upper right molars are aching when Ive clenched for a while, I believe that the right side of my maxilla is 1-2 mm lower and thus it receives more pressure. I'll know teeth clenching works when my lower teeth fits the upper teeth better. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/05/2018 5:40 pm
Going4Adonislvl

@eddiemoney 1mm a month for result is pretty good. Do you see any difference in your face? 

How do you manage to keep the back of your tongue up and do you clench you teeth to help push maxilla?

I wonder how much movement would it have to take to give me better eye support and change my gonial angle.

I find it hard to keep the back tongue up but my tip and mid part seems to always be up anyways. 

Also how often should i take pictures to check for changes

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/05/2018 5:59 pm
Going4Adonislvl

@couda i felt a little sensation in my teeth as well and in my massetar??? I think thats the chewing muscle. I have my mouth closed lip sealed with my teeth firmly together but i am not literally bitting down but i can feel my massetar activated some despite not doing an actual bite. Maybe its because they are weak from not having my teeth properly touch like they should. I just have to find a way to subconsciously maintain the teeth in contact at this pressure and keeping the back of my tongue up...most frustrating task... that tongue is like a cats tail. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/05/2018 6:08 pm
Couda
Eminent Member

@going4adonislvl Your massetars are likely weak. If its feels tiring to hold the teeth together, i recommend chewing some gum to grow the masseters a little bit. Be careful though so the clenching doesnt turn into teeth grinding at night. Maybe sleeping without a pillow can let the jaw be more stable. Look up sleeping chimpanzees. Also, clenching might lead to chimpanzee look lol but i would rather have that than a vertically grown face imo

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/05/2018 6:50 pm
Going4Adonislvl

@couda I will have to look up this chimpanzee sleep and face that you speak of. How long does it usually take to get used to keeping tongue up on roof of mouth? Also how long has it taken you to see visible result? 

I have seen questionable result in other forums and they are super negative and some even racist. This is the only one ive seen that has been pretty mellow and chill. Sone of the results seemed to good to be true considering Dr. Mike mew saying its harder for adults to see results but like i stated before i have hope and i have more trust in you guys than the more negative forums. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/05/2018 8:07 pm
TGW
 TGW
TGW Admin Admin

@going4adonislvl Your massetars are likely weak. If its feels tiring to hold the teeth together, i recommend chewing some gum to grow the masseters a little bit. Be careful though so the clenching doesnt turn into teeth grinding at night. Maybe sleeping without a pillow can let the jaw be more stable. Look up sleeping chimpanzees. Also, clenching might lead to chimpanzee look lol but i would rather have that than a vertically grown face imo

Good observation to look at how other h**o species sleep. Great apes such as Chimpanzees and Gorillas seem to sleep on flat ground with their head cradled by their hands or elbow, or with their head directly supported on the ground. To do this in any position requires the flexibility of the back, neck, tricep, abdominal, pelvic, [...] muscles. Humans sleep like this naturally as well if they grow up sleeping on hard flat surfaces without pillows. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/05/2018 8:37 pm
Going4Adonislvl
@admin so is this the best way to sleep? I have changed the way i sleep a bit. I no longer sleep on a mattress but body pillows on the floor. I ordered falim gum that should be arriving tomorrow @couda. I just have to get this tongue thing down and fix my neck posture. I have heard about facepulling and ncr but i will move to that only when my posture is as close to perfect as i can get.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/05/2018 9:04 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

Other forums that are "looks" based have some very questionable theories and lots of disinformation. For example, people on some of those forums adhere to outdated "anthropology" to formulate their looks theories. They don't understand the function of muscles, bones, or use Jon certain environments. Stay away from environments like that. They are full of losers in their early 20s who are obsessed with finding excuses for their failures of life. And to them, life is full of a string of anxiety so their mechanism is to escape online and pass their hate on to strangers. 

We are glad to have you here and glad to guide you on your journey. 

Also to answer your other questions, my face has definitely changed. My lower third has gotten longer, my midface shorter, and a more pronounced chin region and reduced duck lip appearance (not to be confused with full lips which I still have) . I have gotten wider cheekbones, a wider ramus , and of course better eye support. However I will mention that my eye support has mostly come on top of the eye because they are more hooded. I have reduced the tired look from the bottom though however .

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/05/2018 10:01 pm
Couda
Eminent Member

@going4adonislvl

Ive been trying to correct my tongue posture for 1 month so no significant results yet. Im still struggling with keeping the back of the tongue up correctly and 24/7. Been trying to hold together for 3 days. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/05/2018 7:12 pm
Going4Adonislvl

Other forums that are "looks" based have some very questionable theories and lots of disinformation. For example, people on some of those forums adhere to outdated "anthropology" to formulate their looks theories. They don't understand the function of muscles, bones, or use Jon certain environments. Stay away from environments like that. They are full of losers in their early 20s who are obsessed with finding excuses for their failures of life. And to them, life is full of a string of anxiety so their mechanism is to escape online and pass their hate on to strangers. 

We are glad to have you here and glad to guide you on your journey. 

Also to answer your other questions, my face has definitely changed. My lower third has gotten longer, my midface shorter, and a more pronounced chin region and reduced duck lip appearance (not to be confused with full lips which I still have) . I have gotten wider cheekbones, a wider ramus , and of course better eye support. However I will mention that my eye support has mostly come on top of the eye because they are more hooded. I have reduced the tired look from the bottom though however .

@eddiemoney i definitely agree with you on them being very negative and am glad i found this forum. Thanks for the warm welcome 😁. I love the results that you speak of and look forwards to my results once tge learning curve has been crossed. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 03/05/2018 11:38 am
Going4Adonislvl

@going4adonislvl

Ive been trying to correct my tongue posture for 1 month so no significant results yet. Im still struggling with keeping the back of the tongue up correctly and 24/7. Been trying to hold together for 3 days. 

@couda omg this is so nerve wrecking lol. I am trying to master this myself. I do notice though when i clench it reminds me to push my toungue up after while to balance out that pressure from jaws closed.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 03/05/2018 11:43 am
Couda
Eminent Member

@going4adonislvl

@couda omg this is so nerve wrecking lol. I am trying to master this myself. I do notice though when i clench it reminds me to push my toungue up after while to balance out that pressure from jaws closed.

@going4adonislvl
Yes, Dr mew talks about the back of the tongue as "the governor of the system" so that the clenching doesn't go into overdrive when sleeping.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2018 1:35 pm