Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Hardmewing slightly overdone, any tips to reduce zygoma back?

heineken

Hey guys,

Ive read about other „hardmewing“ cases with unwanted side effects here.

Anyways I started hardmewing around 1 year ago when I got braces on teeth 1-3 (6 front teeth bottom + top), they were slightly rotated, nothing too bad. I also didnt have under/overbite and my maxilla was ok, probably 80% of optimal state. Upper palate wasnt too narrow, also like 70-80% of optimal state.

I was hardmewing with very high tongue force, but not flat tongue, as it didnt fit fully. Also my teeth were closed. I achieved some good upwards movement and was basically happy until that point.

At one point, as the roof of the mouth moved up quite a bit, I could maintain the same pressing force as before, and started hardmewing (rly hard) with molars not beeing in contact. I started noticing slight pain (wasnt bothersome and didnt really hurt) in particular in the zygoma area, the small thin bone that goes to the year.

I didnt pay too much attention at first but after like 2 weeks with that slight pain Ive suddenly noticed that my cheekbones moved alot to the sides as well as the zygomatic area around the ears expanded quite noticeably.

The cheeckbones protrude too much now as I already had a wide face and zygoma is now too wide.

The midface is now basically too wide.

I stopped hardmewing completely and just keep my tongue on the roof of the mouth without any force.

I dont know how to reverse that crap now, Im pressing in the cheeckbones and zygoma with hands now several times a day, guess its the only way to probably get zygoma more narrow. That or zygoma reduction surgery.

Just another warning to not hardmew, unless you have a really marrow midface, then you can expand it by hardmewing.

Ladies and Gentlemen - F M L!

Topic starter Posted : 11/02/2020 12:56 pm
FanaticMind

so  basically you mewed too much and now your cheekbones are too big?

hmmm.. 🤨 

(nice troll)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/02/2020 6:19 am
Dreez

Some pictures would help. imo a high/wide zygoma is good. Both for hollow cheeks if you are at a low bf% but also for the cheekbones. I can understand your face has become "too wide" but i doubt it could make such a big difference as your express it. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/02/2020 6:41 am
Oatmeal and Elwynn liked
Oatmeal
Trusted Member

I want to see pics.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/02/2020 11:08 am
Elwynn liked
LACHRIS

Pics or bs

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/02/2020 10:26 pm
Elwynn liked
heineken
Posted by: @fanaticmind

so  basically you mewed too much and now your cheekbones are too big?

hmmm.. 🤨 

(nice troll)

What I did was hardmewing (actually even harder than hardmewing, Id say hardcoremewing). Its not all negative, some aspects have improved. But at one point my cheekbone+zygoma moved a bit too much sideways and I had to stop doing it.

Things that have improved is breathing through nose, tip of my nose that was sagging down, doesnt sag anymore, maxilla grew forwards and upwards, lower jaw is more defined now, esp. on the sides, where it was barely visible before. Another thing that improved is my nose is asymmetric and was slightly shifted towards 1 side of the face. Like it was angled towards 1 side of the face rather than beeing straight. With hardmewing and thumb pushing the nose in the opposite direction, the asymmetry was fixed visibly, maybe not to 100% but I'd say to 65-80% it was fixed.

Im a right hander and in my whole body the right side was allways stronger and more muscular and I didnt really train the left side or train/excercise at all. I the past few months I regularly did excercise and improved the muscles in the left side of the body. The nose was turned more to the right side initially, now its more straight. Maybe the excercise + hardmewing helped make it more straight. (I did pushups, situps etc. but mostly pushups)  I have significantly improved my neck muscles and posture.

So again not everything is bad, Im not trolling, however Ive read somewhere on the forum here that someone else was also hardmewing without closing the teeth properly (so that the molars lightly touch eachother) and they also experienced some negative effects like zygoma/cheekbones moving sideways too much, forehead becoming bigger and so on.

Ive also noticed that my forehead changed and it became slightly bigger (but at the same time it seems more forward grown than before), which actually sucks, because I already had a somewhat large-ish forehead and now its even bigger which Im not very happy about.

I would say my zygomatic bone and cheekbone looks similar to the one on the userpicture of @Dreez but since my lower jaw isnt as wide, it doesnt look as harmonic as on the avatar picture of Dreez.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/02/2020 5:51 pm
heineken
Posted by: @dreez

Some pictures would help. imo a high/wide zygoma is good. Both for hollow cheeks if you are at a low bf% but also for the cheekbones. I can understand your face has become "too wide" but i doubt it could make such a big difference as your express it. 

Since I dont have any before pictures it would make little sense to make a recent pic. I can't achieve hollow cheeks, as Im low bf% with high cheeckbones which also protrude sideways quite visibly, but its ok, I dont think hollow cheecks would fit my face. I tried sucking in the cheecks and looking in the mirror how it would look and it didnt fit my face really.

Well yes my face got wider, but only in the middle unfortunately, in the zygoma area. those thin long bones that go to the ear protrude sidewas way more. Basically you cant see the most inner point of my ears when looking from the front, because zygomas block the view and make the face appear wider because of that. As a positive it probably makes the ears look smaller horizontally (not that they are large anyways).

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/02/2020 6:15 pm
Azrael
Estimable Member
Posted by: @heineken

Since I dont have any before pictures it would make little sense to make a recent pic.

Doesn't matter, post a current pic so we can see if your zygos really are too pronounced or not.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/03/2020 5:26 pm
Crate and Elwynn liked