Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Getting that forward growth  

RSS
DawidO

Hello people. I have found Mike Mew approximately 3 months ago and started mewing with some other correction methods. 

My bad facial growth story started as I developed a strong hey fever when I was about 12 years old. Since then, I had been a chronic mouth breather which resulted in a poor facial development. Because of crooked teeth, I was sent to an orthodontist by my dentist. First I got a Hawley retainer with a frontal screw to push out my front incisors (which didn't help because it was my maxilla that was rotated and not my incisors) and later I got normal braces which were fatal for me. The orthodontist concentrated completely on straight teeth and not on facial and skeletal growth. The result was a very narrow maxilla, long midface, bad mandibular angle, chronic mouth breathing and a recessed maxilla. I was extremely unconfident because of my looks. I hated my smile and my facial development. As I found Mike Mew, however, I knew that I can improve it. 

My allergies went away due to dietary changes and so did my stuffed nose. I could finally breathe through my nose which allowed for correct tongue posture. 

Here is my current routine: 

- Palatal expander, expansion 1 mm per week 

- Chewing mastic gum for at least 1 hour a day

- correct tongue posture with stronger force applied to the maxilla 

- 30 min of face pulling with a mask 

- Tongue pushes (against the maxilla) 

So far over the course of 2 months, I have improved nose breathing, 2 mm of maxillary expansion, more prominent zygos, and a slightly improved maxillary angle. I hope that the results are indeed exponentially and that with time the progress will accelerate. I will post some progress pics soon. 

Posted : 15/12/2018 10:44 am
Apollo and EddieMoney liked
Mangas77

Great, don't give up man !

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/12/2018 3:31 pm
catirl

Can you explain what is face pulling ? also where did u get the maks ?

Where did u get the palatal expander ?

And what do u mean about tongue pushes ? hard mew ?

It is good to chew gum 1hr a day with an overbite jaw ?

Srry for all the questions im new 😀

This post was modified 8 months ago 2 times by catirl
ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/12/2018 3:44 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register