NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

First post: I'd appreciate help in determining what went wrong during facial development, and what could be done to remedy it!  

RSS
LebenistNehure

Hi, I'm new to the forums, and as you can read from the title, I'd appreciate some help in determining what exactly the issues are relating to my facial development.  I'm 23 years old.

Now, my theory is that since I had problems with a stuffy nose during my childhood, that has impacted my facial development at a very young age and turned me into a mouth breather. This in turn lead to my face growing downward, a lack of cheekbones, underdeveloped jaw, a narrow smile (black spaces when I smile between the arch and the border of the mouth) and a long face look overall. In short, everything that could've gone wrong, has.

This is at 9 or 10 (I think) and 22.

This one is current. You can notice the lack of undereye support and as a result, sclerical show, lack of cheekbones, sagged cheekpads.

Also, the nose became huge for some reason, might be due to puberty itself, but I'd attribute this to a narrow upper palate. When I stretch the skin around the nose, the base gets wider, the tip become flatter, and the nose simply fits my face. Actually, doing this whole stretching thing brings my upper lip up, makes the lip look normal and reduces my philtrum.

Today I have a hard time breathing through my nose when it's completely empty, and I can forget about it when it's even a tiny bit stuffy. I think as my face grew down, the already narrow airways became even narrower. I don't snore afaik, but my mouth does open up during sleep thanks to a weak jaw. 

I also have a large amount of skin that I can't call sagging, but rather very very loose.

My mouth looks wrinkled up, and my upper lip is half the size of the bottom one. But when the mouth gets stretched, it looks the way I think it should. 

Is this due to the lack of adequate bone volume not volumizing my face? I feel that with pulling my skin upwards my whole face looks better. But I can't have a facelift done at 23, as it's just not viable at such a young age.

This might be opening a Pandora's box, but f it. I have to sort this out. Please let me know what you think. I would greatly appreciate it! 

Posted : 04/11/2019 6:59 am
Pame
 Pame
Trusted Member

Tbh you look completely normal. Cheeks are somewhat flat and you do seem to lack under eye support, however I also don't see any major worsening from the picture of you at age 10. Its important that you breath nasally at all times, so if you have issues with that I would recommend looking into Buteyko breathing. Basically breathe as calmly and quietly as you can at all times.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/11/2019 7:54 am
Kyte
 Kyte
Estimable Member

Hi! 

I have a lot of loose skin and other weak features too, because of mouthbreathing caused by big adenoids, lack of sleep ecc, ecc... 

Keep proper posture, be patient and don't get mad because you are still good looking.

By the way, your nose Is not huge at all. It's just distortion caused by the camera being too close

Posted by: @pame

however I also don't see any major worsening from the picture of you at age 10

Development get affected mostly whithin this period (4-10 y.o) according to John Mew

https://youtu.be/2UptdSRhB70

This Is one of the videos in which he states that

I have pictures where I am 5 and I look amazing and other took three years later where I look exactly like him at 10

Do you have older pictures ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/11/2019 8:45 am
LebenistNehure

@pame

Thanks for replying, the camera unfortunately doesn't fully show the issue here, my eyes are closer set in the mirror than they appear in the camera, the camera me actually looks better than the mirror me. If I could achieve the IPD spacing or the "harmony" we perceive in the pictures, I'd actually never visit here again. 

I've heard that palate expansion widens the maxilla and in turn possibly increases the IPD by a few mms, or  that it increases the eye length vertically by a few. Is this complete broscience though since I've never seen such results on the web? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/11/2019 10:37 am
LebenistNehure

@kyte

Hey man sorry for the late reply, I'm sorry to hear you suffer similar issues like me. I do have a pic of myself in a stroller as a few -year old, not sure if that'd be any good info though. I could sent it over PM if you want. I sadly don't view myself as good looking, at least not in real life. As I mentioned it to the guy above, my eyes are in reality actually closer set than they appear in the camera, so that really throws off the harmony. If I could only somehow achieve even a few mms of eye spacing, or midface reduction, I'd be set. Such is I believe impossible currently.. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/11/2019 10:42 am
Oatmeal
Trusted Member

@lebenistnehure

I'm 16 but your facial development at 23 looks exactly like mine (except your chin is more projected) for. I did also breathe a lot through my mouth. Tell me, did you look similar to this at around my age? It might help both of us who knows:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/11/2019 10:58 am
Kyte
 Kyte
Estimable Member

hi, don't worry

take a look to this guy's post.

https://the-great-work.org/community/case-discussions/help-in-determining-my-problems/

His selfesteem was low and the worst thing that could do was asking for an opinion on lookism.

On 23/06/2019 he summarizes everything, continue from there

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/11/2019 1:09 pm
Pame
 Pame
Trusted Member

@lebenistnehure

If your palate width increases the whole upper part of your face becomes wider and IPD should increase too. Im assuming you meant a decrease in vertical eye length? If so then yes, that is to be expected too if your upper jaw widens. 

In addition you might find this interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG_kkTLpo7k

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/11/2019 4:18 pm
LebenistNehure

@oatmeal

Yep, I looked the way I do in the pics throughout my HS up until now. You've got a better facial harmony though. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/11/2019 7:09 pm
LebenistNehure

@kyte

I'll check it out, thanks. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/11/2019 7:10 pm
Oatmeal
Trusted Member

@lebenistnehure

I see, so you're saying your structure stayed the same?

Maybe from an aesthetic standpoint, sure. But I think from a functional standpoint it probably declined in that period, no offense.

I'm sure you'll be fine though. 🙂 Just don't worry too much.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/11/2019 7:23 pm