Notifications

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Facial Asymmetry Analysis & Advice  

RSS
BenH
 BenH

Hi there,

Ever since I was around 18 I started to notice that my face was uneven, whether it's always been like that and I've never noticed though I don't know.

It seems as if my left side is supported pretty well, but my right side seems to have completely dropped. I am going to start mewing in the hope that this fixes this problem eventually, or at least grants a slight improvement as it makes me very insecure.

It may also be handy for future reference if any changes are made, it would be interesting to hear your thoughts on this! 

Right: https://ibb.co/eKjYiy
Left: https://ibb.co/mzCKOy
Center: https://ibb.co/kWVHAd

Picture I found when I was 14:  https://ibb.co/maJb3y

Many Thanks,

Ben

Posted : 12/05/2018 6:19 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

Hey Ben

The good news is left-right asymmetry is so common to the point it is the rule and not the exception. Even exceptionally good looking celebs have it. It is simply due to environment and the fact nobody uses their body evenly. The good news is that fixing posture can correct this; it just takes time. 

Just know that it does not make you ugly nor does it give you a condition not seen in others. It is quite common .

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/05/2018 6:34 pm
Sclera liked
Sclera
Estimable Member

@benh -- a really great way to get an idea of which side is the recessed side is to look in the mirror while you suck through a straw or suck your cheeks in. You can see your zygomatic bones more clearly and which side is more forward than the other.

I always thought my right side being my drooping side meant that that was the recessed one, but it turned out my left side is actually my recessed side. My right features being higher is actually a symptom of my scoliosis and my forward head posture.

You might want to get a scoliosis or posture analysis. We talk a lot about it in the forum, but I agree with others in that correcting skull development is a full body immersion.

I also agree with @eddiemoney, that asymmetry does not make you "ugly". But it's a really great mapping tool to figure how what needs adjustment where.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/05/2018 7:36 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member
Posted by: Sclera

@benh -- a really great way to get an idea of which side is the recessed side is to look in the mirror while you suck through a straw or suck your cheeks in. You can see your zygomatic bones more clearly and which side is more forward than the other.

I always thought my right side being my drooping side meant that that was the recessed one, but it turned out my left side is actually my recessed side. My right features being higher is actually a symptom of my scoliosis and my forward head posture.

You might want to get a scoliosis or posture analysis. We talk a lot about it in the forum, but I agree with others in that correcting skull development is a full body immersion.

I also agree with @eddiemoney, that asymmetry does not make you "ugly". But it's a really great mapping tool to figure how what needs adjustment where.

Now when you say drooping side what do you mean? Because my right side of my maxilla is positioned higher but the mandible droops lower .Meanwhile my left side has the maxilla drooping but the mandible is further back in my face. In other words, it appears my mandible on the right side has more projection while the left side has not allowed it to come forward. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/05/2018 7:51 pm
Sclera
Estimable Member

@eddiemoney -- So I'm kind of like an onion, there are a few things going on at once. I do think my situation looks different from yours.

The right side of my face is lower than the left side. The inner corner of my eye, my nostril, my lip line (I have an occlusional cant), and my ramus.

My right ramus is longer than my left, which should have clued me in early on, but I thought since my scoliosis was dropping my right shoulder that it was pulling down the right side of my face with it, and "drooping" it. Turns out, though, my spine is also twisted, which pulled my left shoulder back, and over time, the forces made it so that my right side developed a bit better than my left because of the neck muscles.

My right side is actually more developed than my left, it's just lower, which I always thought of as drooping. I should have clarified that I no longer think it droops, but I did for a long time, ever since I noticed it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/05/2018 8:13 pm
Banknote
Eminent Member

my left side and much better than the right and he (left) nor is my dominant side, strange this must be because of my occlusion 

https://imgur.com/a/VmXIWVD

I know the photos are not properly but is the difference visible or will it be the illumination? I think not

A lei do esforço nunca falha

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/05/2018 9:48 pm
Helloalexx

Dude! You look good though no h**o lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/09/2018 1:46 am
krollic
Estimable Member

@banknote make sure you keep your head back and down

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/09/2018 2:06 am