Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Extracting wisdom teeth that hang down: good, bad, neutral?  

RSS
Jelly

Hi,

A clear aligner practitioner told me that to start the treatment I would have to get my upper wisdom teeth extracted. My lower wisdom teeth were removed years ago and now the top ones are hanging a bit.

I don't see why they would need to be removed as I would think the aligner could be made in such a way to fit, but would it be bad to have them removed? I don't think there is any function to them anymore, as there are no lower wisdom teeth to press against, but might it perhaps be visible if I extracted them (sunken cheeks)? 

Also, I have this theory of all teeth being able to move backwards over the years when you remove the back teeth, leading to a recessed face. Anyone experienced this? What do you think? I am not sure if this happened with my lower dental arch.

Posted : 10/09/2019 12:46 pm
MaxillaMarch

Personally I wouldn’t do that.

One of my uppers has been removed yeas ago (I’m 24) and the Effect you described happened on that side while the other is nicely developed....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/09/2019 9:36 am
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Please Login or Register