Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Dorsal hum despite good forward growth?  

RSS
Jocob2375

I have a pretty good maxilla but still have a slight dorsal hump. No one but me has never noticed it as it is very slight but it is surely there. I would say my nose is almost exactly like Sean oprys. Is this genetic?

Posted : 24/03/2019 11:41 am
Topic Tags
krollic
Reputable Member

Could well be. There is nothing wrong with having a slight hump if the rest of your face is well developed. It's pretty masculine. Personally, my hump went away with mewing and now my nose is straight

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/03/2019 8:15 pm
Jocob2375

What do you mean by palatal vault drop and like i said i have a dorsal hump despite a forward grown maxilla. I think youre assuming my maxilla is recessed

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/03/2019 12:14 am
Jocob2375

And its also possible that its due to injury. Since i have injured my nose pretty badly in the past

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/03/2019 12:17 am
Jocob2375

How exactly did you mew to straighten your nose?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/03/2019 2:31 am
mr.mewing
Estimable Member

i got a slight bump to but i think it is caused by mouth breather and thats in hands with not holding good oral posture
i don't think it is genetic because in my opinion genetics are made to make you good looking but this could be not the case when you're mother drinked or smoked a lot when she was pregnant or if the parents decide to get a child at late age but some noses are genetic is my opinion but they are most of the time just straight by men.

but i already saw a guy who said on instagram on my that his dorsal hump disapeard after 1.5 year of mewing (also sended proven photo)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/03/2019 3:35 am
Jocob2375

I don’t disagree but I know for a fact that my maxilla and jaw are developed quite well but I still have a slight dorsal hump. So I don’t think mewing can solve my problem and a rhino would be my only option

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/03/2019 4:17 am
Jocob2375

Holy [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated] man your pinching technique actually seems to be working. Although idk wether its actually working or all in my head but to me it surely seems straight now

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/03/2019 4:52 am
krollic
Reputable Member

what pinching technique?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/03/2019 3:11 pm
Greensmoothies
Estimable Member

Yes, the nose lifting technique seems good, although darkindigo went on another deleting spree for whatever reason... now people don't know what you're talking about. I just wanted to comment that I have been doing something similar, though darkindigo's technique for stabalising the nose by pinching the nose through the nostrils while pushing upwards and inwards is excellent and I've changed my approach as a result. People on youtube have posted some similar approaches to adjust the nose size by either applying pressure and/or increasing the strength of the surrounding musculature. I will also use my palm to push down and up on the area above the nose, the glabella, which lifts the tissues on the nose while doing the manipulation and maybe helps me to push the nose somewhat inwards at the top of the nasal bone and more in to the skull. I like the technique but shortening the nose in this way may lengthen the philtrium. I adjust my maxilla very slightly with the thumb pulling technique to hopefully help offset this possible effect.

Remember this pain... and let it activate you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/03/2019 3:38 pm
Sclera liked
Breezy89

Can you post a link to this technique? Thanks. I hate the shape of my nose.

My 2 year progress

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/04/2019 9:37 pm
Youssef El Kaisi
Eminent Member
Posted by: Greensmoothies

Yes, the nose lifting technique seems good, although darkindigo went on another deleting spree for whatever reason... now people don't know what you're talking about. I just wanted to comment that I have been doing something similar, though darkindigo's technique for stabalising the nose by pinching the nose through the nostrils while pushing upwards and inwards is excellent and I've changed my approach as a result. People on youtube have posted some similar approaches to adjust the nose size by either applying pressure and/or increasing the strength of the surrounding musculature. I will also use my palm to push down and up on the area above the nose, the glabella, which lifts the tissues on the nose while doing the manipulation and maybe helps me to push the nose somewhat inwards at the top of the nasal bone and more in to the skull. I like the technique but shortening the nose in this way may lengthen the philtrium. I adjust my maxilla very slightly with the thumb pulling technique to hopefully help offset this possible effect.

Can you detail on that technique or link some info please?

Youssef

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/04/2019 2:17 am