Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Do diabetics cause snoring?

housen15

Hii,
I have diabetics for 4 years and I'm undergoing treatment for that. Last year, my wife told me that I have started to snore at night. But its increasing day by day. She said that she doubts its sleep apnea. So I consulted a doctor and he said that diabetic persons are more prone to sleep apnea. Is it true? One doubt in my mind was why sleep apnea hit me now. The doctor said that it is possible and suggested me to undergo snoring treatment. He also asked me to reduce weight as a first step. Even after reducing weight, snoring remained the same. Then the next attempt to reduce snoring was to change the sleeping poster.
Lately from my friend I came to know that the CPAP machine is good for snoring treatment. But I think it has any side effects. Does anyone have any experience using the CPAP machine? Does it cure snoring fastly? Please reply.
Thank You!

Topic starter Posted : 13/05/2019 5:52 am
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

No its just bad tongue posture. Mewing will fix it with time. do these exercises every day and as often as you can. as well as when you drink and eat anything make sure you swallow properly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcI8CvoFxfQ

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/05/2019 9:12 pm
mr.mewing
Estimable Member

diabetes can cause sleep apnea because of the fat around the neck which can narrow the airway but..!

snoring gets caused by the tongue and from mouth breathing

when the tongue is set back to far back it's blocks of the airway which could bad for you sleep

i though more plates more dates made a video about the CPAP machine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VvMLcwG9KQ

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2019 4:45 pm
darkindigo
Reputable Member

Sleep apnea can cause type 2 diabetes.  Something to do with anaerobic breathing.  Treating any apnea or sleep issues may be beneficial.  🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/08/2019 12:52 am