The Great Work Community Chat
Only logged in users are allowed to enter the chat

Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Could we use our hands to push the mandible upwards while anterior mewing with a slight open bite?  

RSS

Could this work to bring the front maxilla and mandible upwards? 

The slight open bite would give room for the front mandible to rise upwards, while also avoiding pressure on the teeth. This would curve the lower arch upwards, which presumably would also help the front upper teeth to also stay further up, resulting in a dental arch that is more parallel to the ground, as oppose to one that angles downwards.

I noticed earlier this year, that when I  mew on the hard palate with a slight open bite, I tend to have my back molars closer together, and the front teeth further apart. After mewing this way for hours, my bite would have changed from a regular bite, to one where only my back teeth would touch. In the hours following I would correct this and fix my bite with more even posture and chewing. I wonder how this was actually possible, had the distance between either the front of back arches actually changed?

Responses appreciated

Posted : 22/10/2019 7:54 am
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Please Login or Register