Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Correct tongue posture with high arched palate  

RSS
Wellwellwell
(@wellwellwell)

Hello,

my palate is high arched which gives me a big gummy smile.

I started mewing a month ago and could not put my tongue at the roof of my mouth, instead I just rest it behind my upper teeth. It does touch the palate but not the roof.

Today I noticed that if I take my tongue farther back I can actually rest it at the vety top but it is squeezed up there.

which position do you think is better? 

1. Tongue spread on the palate but does not touch the roof.

2. Tongue pushed back and touches the roof but squeezed

Posted : 15/03/2019 11:31 am
Sailor87
(@sailor87)

I would go for The squeeze option no doubt

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/03/2019 12:39 pm
Wellwellwell
(@wellwellwell)

I see a lot of advices on this forum suggest against pushing the tongue back though

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/03/2019 3:18 pm
ShaktiOm
(@shakti_om)
Eminent Member

@wellwellwell

What does your tongue do when you do the cheesy smile swallow with the tip of your tongue on the correct spot?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/03/2019 5:46 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register