Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Chewing mastic gum and thumbpulling while having amalgam fillings?  

RSS
widepalatebros

I have been chewing mastic gum for 6 months and thumb pulling for about a year now. A while ago I noticed that when I thumb pulled I could feel crackling inside my right molar filling. Also just recently I had a liver enzyme test done as I have had liver pain for about a month now, and the results do indeed show that my liver enzymes are elevated. I have read reports (such as this) of broken amalgams and/or chewing gum continuously can lead to the release of mercury vapor that can cause immune and cognitive problems.  So I ask anyone in this forum who has chewed mastic gum or thumb pulled if they have experienced any liver problems or cognitive issues such as brain fog. And also should I get my amalgam fillings replaced with composite resin/crowns?

Posted : 13/01/2020 10:44 pm
Topic Tags