Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Thoughts and Opinions on my CBCT Scans? Considering MSE + FM  

RSS
DrMario
Eminent Member

Hey everyone,

I'd appreciate everyone's thoughts and opinions on my CBCT. I'm trying to see if my airway space is large enough or if there's room for improvement. I'd rather get honest an input from this awesome community.

My primary concern is being able to breathe as deeply and efficiently as possible while I sleep. I noticed if I jut my mandible forward, I can breathe better. As a back sleeper, my airway can get collapsed.

May you all please tell me if my airway sizes are good enough and if MSE + FM can make that big of a difference? I am trying to see how big of a difference I will receive from this treatment with respect to the current sizes of my airway revealed in this CBCT.

Thanks in advance.

Posted : 05/03/2019 12:39 pm
darkindigo
Reputable Member

Were you in a normal resting position?  It looks like it based on spine curvature, but hard to tell.  It is a highly dynamic system.  The minimum cross-sectional is really close to mine.  I was told mine was good.  I still have heard that getting into the 200s (mm sq) is better.  I may opt for braces at some point to see what I can do.  At the same time, though... I think that I'll just pull out my clarinet and practice - work the airway from the inside-out.  🙂  Braces for me are more to close a slight skeletal open bite more than anything.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/03/2019 3:29 pm
DrMario
Eminent Member

Yea the technician had me sit up straight.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/03/2019 3:35 pm