Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Case classification, forward head posture mallaclusion and mouth breathing. (PLEASE HELP)  

RSS
MeMeMe
Eminent Member

I've posted some parts of my case a couple of other times, but didn't realize i was posting at the wrong forum, but here is my story and case. If you'd take your time to read trough and help i would be very grateful, it would help me a lot.

This was my profile about 2 years ago, when i was 15. (The pictures below are unrelated)

https://imgur.com/a/FVH2T1t

At this point of time, i didn't mew but i had healthy forward growth. Good bite, no orhtodontics work. But a couple of month laters i started adapting a unhealthy habit of laying in my bed with my computer kinda like this, altough i would bend my head much more, and against the wall:

This started developing into a kinda forward neck posture, and eventually also developed into spine structure showing from back kinda like this

Related image

A year later i started to see, my jaw remodeling downwards but at the time i didn't know it was inproper growth. I also started mouth breathing sometimes and adapted to a teeth slighty apart mouth posture, altough i mostly nasal breathed.

Fast forwards to a couple of months ago. My jaw had become very set back, remodeled downwards and backwards. And at this point of time i found out about mewing, so i started do do this but not having my tounge all the way in the back.

Up untill this point of time, this hasn't worked much for me because i haven't quite corrected my forward neck posture, so my whole face has only become more vertical grown and downwards melted looking. And i also think i might have been mewing wrong.

So im general im just wondering how to go forward from this point, and what i can excpect. I turned 18, 2 weeks ago. And since my face is remodeling downwards at such a rapid rate im guessing im still in growth. In general i've been a late bloomer and i know for a fact that my siblings face was in growth untill around 20, so i think i have more than average achivable genetic potential for my age. Alotugh my neck is preety [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated] up, and i have scoliosis aswell, so my major assymetry has been overexagerrated drasticly.

I emailed an orthropics dentist, and he told me an appliance might be the way to go. But he was yet to review my case completely.

I try chin tucking, but if i were to do it in public my chin looks non existant, and i will be meeting with a physiotherapist soon.

I try to mew but i cant get my tounge all the way back there without not being able to breath. + i cant get all of my tounge at the sides without of kinda bending it. I think my lower teeth might be crowding a little bit. I think the picture below illustrates well what has happend to me:

Following are link to some picture of my teeth, palate and posture. If you'd have any suggestion and know anything about what i could do better, diffrent or what i could excpect please tell me. If i'd need an appliance or need to mew diffrently, correct my posture diffrently please tell me as well. If someone has some insight into what i could expect for my age, please tell me as well, would at least going back to what i looked like 6 months ago be possible?

Teeth today: 

https://imgur.com/a/rCpmaiH

Palate and lower teeth:

https://imgur.com/a/EUYB6mB

Palate today: (narrow?)

https://imgur.com/a/6HtmGxG

Profile today: (the other side looks alot worse)

https://imgur.com/a/uheS1IZ

Profile 2 years ago: (im aware of the poor picture quality)

https://imgur.com/a/FVH2T1t

Posted : 17/12/2018 6:13 pm
MeMeMe
Eminent Member

Please someone answer

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/12/2018 7:24 pm
ani3000
Eminent Member

Try to correct your forward head posture, try to sleep on your back without a pillow...if your mouth is open then tape it when you go to sleep. If you have a narrow palate then get a palate expander to give you enough space for better tongue posture, keep practicing your tongue and body posture, strengthen your muscles, neck/back/core mostly. Use a cushion behind your back and rest your back to stop you slouching forwards. Other things I would advise is to keep aware during the day of your posture as it is easy to forget. Look at your options for palate expansion there are many ways people are using here on the site, read up on it and find what works for you.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/12/2018 3:25 pm
catirl
Posted by: ani3000

If you have a narrow palate then get a palate expander to give you enough space for better tongue posture

how much cost  and where can i get a palate expander ?

This post was modified 8 months ago 2 times by catirl
ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/12/2018 4:31 pm
MeMeMe
Eminent Member
Posted by: ani3000

Try to correct your forward head posture, try to sleep on your back without a pillow...if your mouth is open then tape it when you go to sleep. If you have a narrow palate then get a palate expander to give you enough space for better tongue posture, keep practicing your tongue and body posture, strengthen your muscles, neck/back/core mostly. Use a cushion behind your back and rest your back to stop you slouching forwards. Other things I would advise is to keep aware during the day of your posture as it is easy to forget. Look at your options for palate expansion there are many ways people are using here on the site, read up on it and find what works for you.  

Thank you, but does my palate look narrow based on the pic?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/12/2018 9:15 pm
zippoxx

Not necessarily, you can bite down on two pieces of card between a notebook to get a better idea of the IMW, but based on what I can see your IMW is pretty similar to my one, and I have been able to get my tongue fully up on my palate with a lot of practice. If you tongue chew for a few hours a day and swallow properly, you'll probably learn the correct tongue posture in a month or so. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/01/2019 5:05 am
JuliusO

Your palate already looks quite wide.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/01/2019 8:51 am
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register