Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professionalΒ services to the individual reader.Β Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers.Β Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Can this be solved?  

RSS
Youssef El Kaisi
Eminent Member

Hello fellas, Im in need of your opinion on my case.

If you want TL;DR version, scroll to the πŸ˜€ emoji.

Ive been following this forum for almost three years now, and it has made me learn a lot of helpful things that I use to this day, but theres one thing that I have been struggling with and cant figure out why. I have had a crossbite on the left side of the mouth (the premolar that is nearer to the molars), since I dont remember, maybe since I was 13. I have tried everything to solve it though, still it didnt go away. In fact, in theese 2 years of changing my habits and posture and all of that, only the two front teeth have changed (they were separate by a milimeter and now they are together), and everything else has stayed basicallyΒ  the same, intermolar width, etc.

Also Its not like my teeth are [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated] up, I usually get told that I gotΒ  a good smile, you cant even see the crossbite. But I want to fix it for health reasons.

The thing is that is only that the premolar is not alinged with the rest of the teeth, so I think that there should be a simpler solution than just getting braces (the doctor told me it would be for $2000). For know I'm trying little rubbers wrapped around the bad tooth and the molars, but the force is so minimal that I dont think its gonna make any change. So I have thought of making DIY braces.

Here are somo pictures of my teeth

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

TL;DR

I am 18, I have been mewing for 2 years and, I got a crossbite on my left premoral (the one closer to the molars) with the left bicuspid, that hasnt solved itself yet.

Will it eventually align itself, or do you recommend me getting braces afterall?

Youssef

Posted : 19/01/2020 5:00 pm
ShaktiOm
Trusted Member

You can try using myobrace. My bottom molars were kind of like yours, and did not go back in a straight line. The right side of my lower molars are now much more aligned. This could've happened through regular mewing before I got the brace, but I'm 90% sure it happened after. I've been using it for about a month.

I started out with a knock off brand from Amazon, and I have now moved onto the official large sized myobrace.

https://youtu.be/qKHXU-tWjoQ

I can give you more information if you are interested.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/01/2020 4:43 pm
gewgerg

you can just push on it loads with your finger

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/01/2020 1:45 pm
Youssef El Kaisi
Eminent Member
Posted by: @shakti_om

This could've happened through regular mewing before I got the brace, but I'm 90% sure it happened after. I've been using it for about a month.

I don't see how mewing could align my crossbite, since the tongue doesn't affect the lower jawΒ  (plus i have been 2 years on it and got no results), but if it actually does, do you recommend me to just keep mewing or to get myobraces?

If so, are myobraces a cheaper option than braces?

Thanks for your time and looking forward to your response.

Youssef

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/01/2020 7:04 pm
ShaktiOm
Trusted Member

@youssef-el-kaisi

Mewing is supposed to fix the lower jaw and teeth both by the lower jaw following the upper and by the intra oral vacuum, created by proper tongue posture and swallow, pushing the teeth outwards. Getting that to happen is a whole other story.

I like the myobrace so far but I would suggest that you research it and decide if it is right for you. You can search myobrace on this site and read about some other people’s experiences.Β And I’ll do my best to answer any questions you have.

Th myobrace is definitely cheaper than braces. It’s going to be a totally different experience as it focuses on creating proper tongue function and encouraging proper arch formation as it aligns the teeth.Β 

What is your IMW? For some people their palate is too wide for the myobrace.Β 

And what is the nature of your cross bite? Do you have one tooth that lands on the opposite side of your bite?Β 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/01/2020 9:44 pm
Youssef El Kaisi
Eminent Member

@shakti_om

First, thanks for answering.

I believe my IMW to be around 38-39 mm, though I have been mesauring it by biting on cardboard.

Regarding my crossbite, as you can see on the pictures, the left lower premolar is disaligned with the rest and pointing outwards, which, by causation, made the left top bicuspid to point inwards. So yes, they are crossed and they land on the opposite side when I bite.

Youssef

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/01/2020 5:36 pm
Youssef El Kaisi
Eminent Member

@engineers

Hello @engineers, thanks for your suggestion, but when I made a post almost a year ago a user I think called AlphaMinus or some like thatΒ  told me to do the same, and while I tried it for long enough, it still did not work, my crossbite did not improve a single bit.

Thanks for your response anyways.

Youssef

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/01/2020 5:39 pm
entelechy
Trusted Member

please help me out and take this survey if you have already had premolar extractions:Β Β  it's to get statistics on how many get negative consequencesΒ  for advocacy work to help victims get reimbursed for reversal costs.

Β 

entelechy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/05/2020 1:15 am
Youssef El Kaisi
Eminent Member

@entelechy I haven't fortunately

Youssef

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/06/2020 4:05 pm
Youssef El Kaisi
Eminent Member

@gewgerg that won't work mate, i would need to have my finger in there for some hours every day.

Youssef

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/10/2020 2:30 pm