Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

My face is so flat!!! HELP (see picture) :(  

RSS
hello123g

Hi guys,

any suggestions for my journey?

Posted : 15/03/2019 3:00 pm
Kyte
 Kyte
Estimable Member

Hi, 

i am not an expert, but i think your face is recessed and a recessed face Is convex, not flat.

Chin tuck

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/03/2019 3:37 pm
InTheVibe

Chin tucking is always one of the most important parts of mewing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/03/2019 12:27 pm
InTheVibe

Also seems like you would benefit a great deal from chewing gum.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/03/2019 12:31 pm
Redbird

Yeah looks more like you have a weak lower jaw.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/04/2019 9:37 am
darkindigo
Reputable Member

You can't really see what is going on from this photo.  Teeth need to be included.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/04/2019 11:20 am
AlphaMinus
Estimable Member

Absolutely a case of a maxilla that isn't forward enough, and a mandible that is recessed. If your maxilla was moved forward 10-15mm it would make a huge difference. Your nose would be more upturned and would look shorter, you'd have a much shallower cheek slope and your mandible would likely swing out somewhat to meet it. 

Do you have any kind of breathing/snoring/sleep apnea problems? If so, then go see a good orthodontist and have them figure out where your maxilla needs to be. It could be that you're an excellent candidate for Lefort I surgery. Jaw surgery is not trivial and is expensive, however if you have any of the above mentioned problems it might be covered at least partly by insurance. 

Another option to move your maxilla forward is the FAGGA device (plenty of info on this forum if you search). It can create some forward growth without surgery. 

To be honest I don't think mewing would make much of a difference at this stage, although it's never too late to start adopting good tongue posture. If you find it difficult to get all of your tongue up, you probably have a narrow palate. You might want to look into adult palate expansion as well. 

I would definitely go have a consultation with an orthodontist first though, even if you end up not having surgery. They will look into a lot of factors as well as the aesthetic side, like bite and airway. At least you'll get some definite answers about what state your jaw is in, and what needs to be done to fix it. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/04/2019 6:15 pm
tlc789 liked
Roflcopters
Trusted Member

body posture is everything tbh. most maloclusions are class 3s these days. if you tilt your neck back and adopt nerd posture you have 1 position of the mandible, if you adopt good posture the mandible upswings and its like you have a complete diferent bite. 

adopt good tongue posture for better body posture and better air flow but dont fool urself thinking mewings going to actively change much unless you  do it for years years .

visit an open minded orthodontist

ask for no exctractions, no mandibular retrusion and palatal expansion.

don'tl isten to hard mewers, facepullers and all these experts that show no results but talk like they know 

go get it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/05/2019 5:47 pm
detailaddict
Posted by: AlphaMinus

To be honest I don't think mewing would make much of a difference at this stage, although it's never too late to start adopting good tongue posture. 

Why would mewing not make much of a difference?  (Or maybe we should clarify the difference between mewing and tongue posture.)  It seems that the point of this website is to show adults how/how much change they can effect with mewing, post-childhood.  With the exception of the recessed chin, I'm in the same situation as she is with a flat profile, although I've always had cheekbone definition from a front view.  Thus one of my main goals is to push my maxilla forward, and I'm already seeing promising signs that changes are happening, albeit internally for now (see my "side-effects" post) and we all expect to be in this for the long-haul - i.e., no overnight transformations.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2019 8:33 am
Oatmeal
Trusted Member
Posted by: detailaddict
Posted by: AlphaMinus

To be honest I don't think mewing would make much of a difference at this stage, although it's never too late to start adopting good tongue posture. 

Why would mewing not make much of a difference?  (Or maybe we should clarify the difference between mewing and tongue posture.)  It seems that the point of this website is to show adults how/how much change they can effect with mewing, post-childhood.  With the exception of the recessed chin, I'm in the same situation as she is with a flat profile, although I've always had cheekbone definition from a front view.  Thus one of my main goals is to push my maxilla forward, and I'm already seeing promising signs that changes are happening, albeit internally for now (see my "side-effects" post) and we all expect to be in this for the long-haul - i.e., no overnight transformations.  

idk maybe cause people want quick fixes that dont exist

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2019 8:34 am
detailaddict

"idk maybe cause people want quick fixes that dont exist"

Um, if you read my last statement, you'd understand that I'm not talking about quick fixes, for @hello123g or anyone else.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2019 8:52 am