Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Bimaxillary protrusion  

RSS
Treharri30

Hi everyone. I'm new to all of this. I'm almost 21 and male. 

I Find mewing easy but difficult to keep correct posture unconsciously because of my situation.

If anybody has a similar situation, could guide me to the right resources, people, I would be grateful.

My issues are:

• -Bimaxillary protrusion, with no teeth spaces and orthodontist said I would have to remove some teeth to continue moving my teeth back.

so my question is if your teeth have no gaps and are still protruding would removal be nesesary or a good option?

BF36173A BB6A 4535 9749 F594CB7F81A5

Posted : 16/09/2020 1:58 am
auxiliary
Estimable Member

I don't see why you should mew, your maxilla is too forward and way too CCW rotated, mewing will only make your situation worse. There's evidence that chewing causes CW rotation of maxilla, something I've experienced myself as well, so try chewing for 30 minutes on each side, alternating between teeth and see what happens.

By the way, nice palate, do you mind measuring your inter-molar width and inter-canine width?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/09/2020 4:19 pm
Treharri30

@auxiliarus first off, thank you so much for your response to my post I really appreciate it!

Now just to get some clarity, are you saying I don’t have bimaxillary protrusion and just have a CW rotation my maxilla? 

Also I think my inter-molar width is 41.275mm and inter-canine width is 22.225mm. 

Also would tooth extractions help my situation? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/09/2020 9:08 pm
dm222
Trusted Member

bimax protrusion is not caused by maxilla too forward, its the opposite.

when maxilla is recessed and tongue doesnt have enough space, tongue sits against the teeth and causes the teeth and bone they sit (frontal part of maxilla) to grow forward, but maxilla doesnt move forward or rotates, it grows the frontal part of the maxilla in the same direction of the rest of the maxilla, the back of the maxilla stays in the same place.

and because the back of the maxilla doesnt move forward the jaw also doesnt move forward.

to counteract the force of the tongue lips also hypertrophiate.

just be carefull and dont put tongue pressuring against front teeth, also maintain lip seal 100 % of the time.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/09/2020 6:04 pm
Treharri30

@dm222 Do you recommend any appliances to help with that and would you recommend surgery /is it necessary? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/09/2020 3:05 am
dm222
Trusted Member

I dont know how to fix it, I just mentioned the reasons.

mike mew has a video on it on youtube

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/09/2020 9:03 am