Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

August 2017 - May 2019 Changes  

RSS
Glitterous

Good Evening, 

Maxilla has swung upwards nicely, space between eyes looks more healthy now and zygomatic bones are more flared outwards which shapes eyebrows nicer.

I still have a long way to go as I have moderate crowding of mandible front row and upper teeth are a bit tight together. My jaw is definitely more elongated now but needs more to help crowding. I am looking at face pull gear to initiate more changes to my structure.

I have been "mewing" for this time period and recently began chewing cloth before bed (0.5-1hr) and taping mouth to prevent opening mouth and using lips/cheeks when I swallow ( sometimes this is an issue for me). 

Please note I have reduced my weight in-between photos but you can still see bone change. Hair was just untied so looks messed in "after" photo on right. I do not wear makeup, this is my face 100% for seeing the changes.

Thank you for looking and I wish you all well with the changes you seek.

Note: I have now removed photos.

Posted : 09/01/2020 7:05 am
J3tze and ShaktiOm liked
Topic Tags
harrykanemaxilla
Estimable Member

I see change for the cheekbones and your maxilla looks decently upswung.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2020 7:11 am
Oatmeal
Trusted Member

Your cheeks look a  lot less flabby right now, so I have a feeling its just weight loss.

It looks like you're saying you clench your teeth as well. Have you tried relaxing your jaw a little, and keeping your teeth slightly apart.

edit: you look like you have ideal growth anyways so. eh

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2020 8:42 am
ShaktiOm
Trusted Member

Very nice. Thank you for sharing. 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2020 8:55 am
FanaticMind

It's 100% weightloss.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2020 9:51 am
PolHolmes
Eminent Member

Clearly weightloss

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2020 2:27 pm
Silberman

Excellent result. You look gorgeous! How old are you? And how do you mew (soft/hard, chin tuck etc.)?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2020 3:08 pm
Glitterous

@oatmeal

I do not clench my jaw. Only after chewing for a long time does my jaw close hard for a while, I naturally keep teeth in light contact.
You probably think I am clenching in photo on right? I am not, my lips have a better appearance now and my bones have moved forward which makes my jaw look more tightened.. If that makes sense. I work my face muscles daily and the muscle is quite strong.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2020 6:22 pm
Glitterous

@silberman

I am 22. Thank you.

My "mewing" is;
lips together whenever not talking/eating.
Chin tucking.
chewing on chew rubber, cloth, food materials.

I don't know much about soft/hard mewing.. I practice as Dr Mew's say is likely best.

There is obviously change to my bones, my face is much more symmetrical which is a joy to have worked hard and achieved. As I said I still have far to go and will be finding appliances to aid more maxillary upswing and subsequently mandible upswing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2020 6:29 pm
Oatmeal
Trusted Member

@glitterous

I thought you were clenching because you said you kept your teeth 'tight' together.

Do you have your tongue all over the roof of your mouth (back included?) and do you stretch it in all directions?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2020 7:40 pm
Glitterous

@oatmeal

Oh, no I meant that there is no spacing between the upper teeth and I wish to add space. 

I still do not have tongue on soft palate 100% of time, it is still a conscious effort to get it there but I consciously reposition my tongue to suction to the soft palate many times a day. 

I am skinnier now (low carbohydrate high fat diet now, I chew raw steaks and eat other tough foods now) but you can clearly see bone remodelling and I will point out differences;
1. Increased symmetry, look at eyebrow ridge in both photos. Left photo they are different shape, not matching. 
2. Forehead has moved forwards, see in previous photo it is sloped backwards more. 
3. Nose bridge has widened slightly allowing for wider set eyes - More attractive as better development.
4. Hollowing of cheeks due to beginning proper swallow technique that does not use buccinator muscles.

Dr Mike Mew talks of weightless being irrelevant to thinning cheeks, he shows obese models as example and says there is hardly any fat storage on face but instead proper swallow technique and lack of, is to blame for round face.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2020 8:58 pm