Forum

NOTICE:

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Are there any good looking people with recessed maxilla?  

RSS
Freethemaxilla
(@freethemaxilla)

I found out about tongue posture last week and watched everything I could and read everything I could like it was the explanation and meaning of my life. I am textbook messed up face mouth breather, tongue at the bottom, 90’s ortho. I never thought I was amazing to look at but at least not deformed. All this information has killed my self esteem. Being in my late 30’s I don’t feel like there is much hope. I am going to an orthodontist to see what can be done. But I’d like to know, are there good looking people with flat faces?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/01/2019 9:54 pm
Abdulrahman
(@abdulrahman)
Reputable Member

Yes plenty, and I plan to make a post about this exact topic. Look at many famous actors and you will notice they have allot of the features of a recessed face.  Unless your breathing is compromised you have nothing to worry about. It's so common that people think it's normal.

my story: http://www.aljabri.com/blog/my-story/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/01/2019 11:31 pm
Bogdar
(@bogdar)

Yep, there are plenty. An appropriate muscle tone can be enough to mitigate the damage of a recessed maxilla. (beauty-speaking)

Just check Ryan Gosling for example, I personnaly don't think he's beautiful but according to a lot of people he is. Sylvester Stallone also, I don't think he was blessed with a good maxilla but his "flow" caught it up.

This post was modified 1 week ago by Bogdar
ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/01/2019 5:35 am
Pame
 Pame
(@pame)
Eminent Member
Posted by: Abdulrahman

Yes plenty, and I plan to make a post about this exact topic. Look at many famous actors and you will notice they have allot of the features of a recessed face.  Unless your breathing is compromised you have nothing to worry about. It's so common that people think it's normal.

Examples? I strongly disagree. I think its more about how low our standards are now that basically everyone has recessed and severely underdeveloped faces. I don't think theres any popular models with recessed maxillas. Having prominent cheekbones and a good eye is absolutely essential and impossible with a recessed maxilla. Also, if OP's face is unattractive it really doesn't matter if some people look good with despite having flat faces.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/01/2019 1:39 pm
AlphaMinus
(@alphaminus)
Trusted Member
Posted by: Pame
Posted by: Abdulrahman

Examples? I strongly disagree. I think its more about how low our standards are now that basically everyone has recessed and severely underdeveloped faces. I don't think theres any popular models with recessed maxillas. Having prominent cheekbones and a good eye is absolutely essential and impossible with a recessed maxilla. Also, if OP's face is unattractive it really doesn't matter if some people look good with despite having flat faces.

The modeling/fashion industry is not in any way an accurate reflection of the sexual/aesthetic tastes of the general public. It's a very insular world in which a very specific standard of beauty is promoted for the purpose of selling clothing and fashion accessories. The "lookism" community puts these models on pedestals and touts them as a standard of beauty. Meanwhile, nobody's voting for them (or anyone who looks like them) in any of the "world's sexiest ------" polls. 

One thing you have to be weary of when mingling in communities like this is that it's very easy to lose sight of your natural taste in human aesthetic. It's easy to spend so much time in this environment that you start eyeing people around you and seeing things wrong with them that you wouldn't even have noticed or cared about before. People you were previously attracted to suddenly seem to have flaws that wouldn't even have registered in the past. Their philtrum is a little longer than ideal. Their gonial angle is a little steep. Their mouth is wider than their chin (or the other way around, I forget).  They have buccal corridors.  Their nasolabial angle is too obtuse. And so on. 

In real life, people have a much wider criteria for sexual attraction. Sometimes someone with "bad" facial measurements  can still look attractive or endearing simply because their features work in harmony to create an attractive overall effect. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/01/2019 1:41 pm scerif and Class III liked
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register