Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Any progress made after 8 months? And do I have a recessed jawline.  

RSS
maplejvl

Forgot to add that I'm currently 22 years old.

I've inserted a few pictures of myself. I'm curious to see what everyone else thinks because I think my recent changes have only been due to weight loss and not mewing.

This is from 2017

This is a recent comparison picture.

This comparison picture is from 2018 to today.

The rest are from today.

Edit: Added front camparison pictures, 2017 vs Today.

This topic was modified 2 weeks ago 5 times by maplejvl
Posted : 03/09/2019 7:57 pm
Topic Tags
GreekGodBrody
Trusted Member

Took a brief look, but looking better!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/09/2019 2:39 am
maplejvl liked
Dreez

Looking great! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/09/2019 2:55 pm
maplejvl liked
mr.mewing
Trusted Member

looking great my guy and you have made definitely progress keep in mind Asian people have naturally a slightly flatter maxilla 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/09/2019 4:11 pm
maplejvl liked
maplejvl

@mr-mewing

Thanks man, do you think my chin is recessed though? I've noticed that there's not much projection.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/09/2019 4:25 pm
krollic
Estimable Member

you certainly look much better. how has your weight changed, if any?

well done.

what's your mewing routine?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/09/2019 7:36 pm
maplejvl liked
mysterecessed

Great progress man, did you hard mew or just mew normally? What was your routine if you had any?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/09/2019 7:41 pm
maplejvl liked
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

Seems like a great change! in the first picture you can see how your facial muscles / lip muscles are very different form the later photos. keep going

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/09/2019 9:29 pm
maplejvl liked
maplejvl
Posted by: @krollic

you certainly look much better. how has your weight changed, if any?

well done.

what's your mewing routine?

@krollic

In the before pictures from 2017/2018, I was 6'0 and around 185-190 lbs. In my current photos, I'm 6'1 and 170 lbs and currently 22 years old. For my routine, I just make sure my tongue is on the roof of my mouth and to fix my posture whenever I notice I'm slouching. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/09/2019 10:49 pm
maplejvl

@mysterecessed

Just normal mewing and only recently I've started to straighten my posture whenever I slouch.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/09/2019 10:50 pm
maplejvl

@rockyp33

Thanks man! I'm still not sure whether or not my changes facially is due to the fact that I lost around 20lbs or because of mewing. I think it's a little bit of both but because I'm 22 now, I'm not sure how much more change I can experience. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/09/2019 10:51 pm
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

A lot of us really dont know because mewing is such a new field. The ones that actually got changes really dedicated a lot of time to improving. from guys our age hard mewing is probably the best bet.... BUT some people are against it and i understand that. Its like lifting weights. IF you lift 5 lb dumbells its going to take a long time to gain strength. But if you lift heavy with proper form changes will come fast. A lot of people hard mew but either with too much force or improper form. The best bet is to work on your swallow till its really good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcI8CvoFxfQ

second step is to maintain that tongue posture as much as you can. The swallow will guide you to your unique proper form. once you have good form then its a good idea to start mewing harder and harder. but a lot of people wont get the proper form first from swallowing correctly so theyll just blatantly apply a lot of force in uneven directions on the pallete which probably isnt the safest thing. for exampleif you didnt get your swallw down first you might apply way more force at the front of the pallete then you actually need to.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/09/2019 8:08 pm
RamonT
Eminent Member
Posted by: @rockyp33

A lot of us really dont know because mewing is such a new field. The ones that actually got changes really dedicated a lot of time to improving. from guys our age hard mewing is probably the best bet.... BUT some people are against it and i understand that. Its like lifting weights. IF you lift 5 lb dumbells its going to take a long time to gain strength. But if you lift heavy with proper form changes will come fast. A lot of people hard mew but either with too much force or improper form. The best bet is to work on your swallow till its really good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcI8CvoFxfQ

second step is to maintain that tongue posture as much as you can. The swallow will guide you to your unique proper form. once you have good form then its a good idea to start mewing harder and harder. but a lot of people wont get the proper form first from swallowing correctly so theyll just blatantly apply a lot of force in uneven directions on the pallete which probably isnt the safest thing. for exampleif you didnt get your swallw down first you might apply way more force at the front of the pallete then you actually need to.

I do that same swallowing action during passive and hard mewing,with the whole front of my tongue inserted on the stage #1 right above in the illustration and then i keep my hyoid bone plastered on the roof of the mouth for about a minute, i do a bunch of set like that,by the way i can hold my breath for a little over 3 minutes, so anybody trying it for the first time i suggest to go slow and build it up gradually because its much harder to hold one's breath while the hyoid bone is up . At the same time , I take advantage of all that pressure and I focus on growing the whole face/head all around.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago 6 times by RamonT
This post was modified 1 week ago by RamonT
ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/09/2019 10:03 pm
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

@ramont

have you noticed any changes from doing that or improvements

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/09/2019 2:01 am
RamonT
Eminent Member
Posted by: @rockyp33

@ramont

have you noticed any changes from doing that or improvements

Rockyp33,

Yes indeed, I do warn  anyone who wants to try it to go slow/easy because it is really intense.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/09/2019 2:15 pm
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

can you describe the benefits in detail???? also i hear you beginners should focus on the basics first but how would one do what your doing whats your routine

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/09/2019 10:40 pm
GreekGodBrody
Trusted Member
Posted by: @maplejvl

@krollic

In the before pictures from 2017/2018, I was 6'0 and around 185-190 lbs. In my current photos, I'm 6'1 and 170 lbs and currently 22 years old. For my routine, I just make sure my tongue is on the roof of my mouth and to fix my posture whenever I notice I'm slouching. 

inb4 the 'mewing can make you grow taller' threads 😉 

But seriously, you still going through puberty or what/.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/09/2019 10:04 am
maplejvl

Let me clarify that. In the first pic I was 19 y/o and 5'11 3/4. Today, I'm about 6'0 1/2 so like 184 cm. I'm pretty sure that I may be done growing but who knows.

I think I may have a other half an inch to inch left in me. Weirdly enough m parents aren't that tall. My dad is 5'9 and my mom is 5'2 yet here I am.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/09/2019 11:52 am
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Please Login or Register