fbpx
Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Any alternative solutions for expansion without implants

JohnnyMcgee

Hey all,

So my facial development has been adversely affected by mouthbreathing/extractions etc. like many here. I had orthodontic treatment in a time period when mewing was just starting to become relevant (around 2012) in which I had premolar extractions.

Now I am stuck in a rut at 20 years old, needing expansion space but not wanting implants (due to their expensive nature and time frame to put them in) - I consulted a homeoblock provider and he said it wasn't worth it.

Are there any other methods (other than mewing) which will expand the jaws fairly slowly (but faster than mewing) but not open extraction spaces?

Topic starter Posted : 09/02/2020 9:13 pm
Greensmoothies
Estimable Member

It seems best not to reopen extraction spaces and get implants because more concerning than cost is the risk of infection or how they can cause autoimmune disorders. The Mew's don't recommend it and just expand with a dental device. The maxillary tuberosity does lengthen with expansion and that should help reverse the extraction damage anyway.

Remember this pain... and let it activate you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/02/2020 12:31 am
mr-sand-man123
Posted by: @johnnymcgee

Now I am stuck in a rut at 20 years old, needing expansion space but not wanting implants (due to their expensive nature and time frame to put them in) - I consulted a homeoblock provider and he said it wasn't worth it.

Why did he say homeoblock wasn't worth it?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/02/2020 5:23 pm