Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Another interesting case from reddit (2 years)  

RSS
skinnyboiii

This person changed oral posture and observed remarkable changes to the shape of his skull. He was 25 when he started, 27 in the after picture.

He didn't know what hard mewing was, so it's unknown if he did that. He had good posture from the get-go. He slept on the floor and presumably exercised based on his appearance. (NB: I think it's worthwhile to discuss the effects of chronic exercise on bone remodeling in adults.) He chewed little as he noticed his jaw was clicking, and did not chin tuck.

I think it's interesting to note that his mandible changed very little compared to the rest of his skull, which seemed to remold entirely. Most people on reddit commented on the change to his mandible, but lining up the pictures like this, you see that the mandible hardly changed -- what changed was the rest of the cranium, and the relationships between the various bones that comprise it.

Link here: https://www.reddit.com/r/orthotropics/comments/b7edy2/2_year_before_and_after_i_think_im_making_progress/

Animation here:

Posted : 10/06/2019 5:44 am
Oatmeal
Trusted Member

His mandible was pretty good anyway, good on him. Seems like the rest of his skull now matches w/ it

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/06/2019 9:06 am
bundfalke
Trusted Member

[Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated] hell thats amazing.

I dont know what to believe anymore. If this is just trickery with lighting and muscle, absolute lies, surgeries or whatnot.

Or if this is actually real.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/06/2019 1:15 am
ladida liked
skinnyboiii
Posted by: bundfalke

I dont know what to believe anymore. If this is just trickery with lighting and muscle, absolute lies, surgeries or whatnot.

Haha. Well, clearly this isn't a change in lighting, muscle structure, and absolutely not surgery, unless there is such a surgery that will reshape your skull.  If it's a lie, it would have to be an outright fabrication.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/06/2019 4:46 am
bundfalke
Trusted Member
Posted by: skinnyboiii
Posted by: bundfalke

Haha. Well, clearly this isn't a change in lighting, muscle structure, and absolutely not surgery, unless there is such a surgery that will reshape your skull.  If it's a lie, it would have to be an outright fabrication.

The problem is i know just how much angles and lighting can change the appereance of your face. And like abdul pointed out, the angle and lighting is different in both pictures.

I have a very severe case of CFD. More severe than alot of the people i see on this forum. And this is how i can make myself look like with the right angle (and no head jutting):

I just wish that just once, one freakin time we could have a lad who actually takes x-rays before and after 2-3 years.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/06/2019 9:39 am
Rockyp33 and Sceriff liked
mateogon

@bundfalke

what the hell dude, your neck is massive. Do you do any neck training?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/09/2019 1:36 pm