Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

An AGGA Case showing promising midface development and hyoid repositioning  

RSS
TGW
 TGW
TGW Admin Admin

Dentist: Lenny Kundel 

Patient had two previous extractions on the top jaw, one on each side. Patient is 25 years old. Treatment used only the AGGA and Controlled Arch Braces. Patient reports that her sense of smell returned during treatment. 

Posted : 02/03/2019 9:37 pm
Mewb liked
darkindigo
Reputable Member

Yes!!!! Thanks for sharing this... I've personally noticed a pattern where those in old age with a large maxillary perimeter that is more forward (away from posterior) have gained more weight in their lifetime. I always surmised it was from something to do with smell.  Never had anyone say anything about it.  Dude - she may be set up to gain some serious weight now.  Her jaws looked like skinny-fat categorization.  Now she's probably going to fall into hefty quadrant.

Thing is... this is considered a success?  Mind-boggeling.  More info on this?  Overblowing arches is one of the many reasons I never will put my trust in any dentist - could care less where they are trained (LVI, Vivos...).  Only an ortho understands more.  They paid the price.  Way too many gaps in kmowledge... and the fact that a lay person can call out problems with dentist... I think that speaks volumes.  Where does an ortho learn ortho?  School.  A dentist may go to a quick school, but they are ultimately learning on the job.  That job aint going to be me.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/03/2019 6:10 pm
Mewb
 Mewb

Wow she legit gained some beautiful hooded eyes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/03/2019 2:09 am
darkindigo
Reputable Member

This lends credence to my observations floated here: https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/lessons-from-people-watching-old-people/#post-15411

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/03/2019 9:43 am
ingeneur

Fact: orthodontists have a bias in favor of extracting because they can make more money spending years closing the spaces than if they honestly allow nature to take its course, which most often results in a natural, forward-grown, healthy face with plenty of tongue  space, chewing surface, and a healthier diet, which promotes lean body mass. Please think critically about unsupported assertions by orthodontists, who are trained by orthodontic schools, which have a bias in favor of orthodontists.  Do your own research!!!

Any orthodontist, who implies that this woman will gain weight from a forward grown maxilla, is using unethical, unsubstantiated, fear tactics to manipulate people into not saving all of their teeth and not preserving their airway. ALways look for lies generated by the bias of any profession. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/03/2019 3:55 pm
krollic liked
krollic
Reputable Member

@ingeneur there's a big reason why they were so eager to discredit and ruin Mike Mew

to hell with these people; their practice relies on exploiting the unfortunate and ignorant and ensure they keep coming back for more treatments

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/03/2019 10:56 pm
darkindigo
Reputable Member

Not talking about teeth - upper jaw placement.  Not part of a profession.  Have you sat and watched old people for hours?  I encourage you to do so and form your own opinion about weight and maxillary arch perimeter visibility.  She literally smells more.  It is known that smell is related to appetite.  Over a lifetime, that adds up.  Here is my question: Can Mewing Make Us Fatter Over a Lifetime?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/03/2019 1:03 am