Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

almost 3 years of mewing update (bonus: weak side update)  

RSS
gubbbbb
Eminent Member

i've lost track of how long ive been mewing. I still think it doesn't work and any gains are camera distortions but posting update for science

c yall in a few months

if curious ive stopped chewing gum. Just proper tongue posture and my teeth are closed and lightly touching

Update:
right side of face( my weak side)

not gonna lie im feeling a bit more hopeful after seeing the before and after on the weak side of my face. But only time will tell

Posted : 10/10/2020 1:41 pm
drunkwithcoffee
Estimable Member

Have you been evaluated for a tongue tie? 

I started this journey in 2017 and only 2 months ago was diagnosed with a tongue tie when I went to a DNA appliance dentist.  This whole time I thought there was no way I had a tongue tie, but now that I have a better picture of what's going on, I can see that I haven't been properly "mewing" at all due to a physical inability to get the tongue up as high as it needs to be.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/10/2020 2:36 pm
Robbie343
Trusted Member

I really don’t think you need anymore maxillary upswing and your forward growth seems good. 

Actually if your got anymore forward and upward growth you might begin to look a bit awkward. 

You’re good to go. 😀

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/10/2020 7:31 pm
gubbbbb
Eminent Member
Posted by: @drunkwithcoffee

Have you been evaluated for a tongue tie? 

I started this journey in 2017 and only 2 months ago was diagnosed with a tongue tie when I went to a DNA appliance dentist.  This whole time I thought there was no way I had a tongue tie, but now that I have a better picture of what's going on, I can see that I haven't been properly "mewing" at all due to a physical inability to get the tongue up as high as it needs to be.

hi thanks for sharing but I have no tongue tie my back 3rd i can reach the top of my throat without any issues. Glad you where able to find that out about yourself hope it wont deter you

@Robbie:

Thank you! that's a very kind compliment. I hope the right side of my face will catch up in a few years 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/10/2020 12:55 am
Vyr9
 Vyr9

If I may ask, how old are you?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/11/2020 12:15 pm
gubbbbb
Eminent Member

@vyr9 I'm about to turn 26 in a month

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/11/2020 11:44 pm
NeverGiveup

I have done the same error for 2 years like it's clear : soft mewing does not work for adult (for bone change anyways) i started hard mewing like 3 months ago and change are clearly noticeable.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/12/2020 10:38 am