Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

AGGA log - rapid growth  

RSS
rsrs12

Hey guys. I've recently had an AGGA device fitted and I'm making some really rapid growth so I figured I'd write keep a log to share what I'm doing.

background:

I'm a 27 year old male who up until a maybe a couple of years ago was a mouth breather. I had braces on both sets of teeth at age 14 although i've had no extractions. I had a very weak chin and a roman nose with no sign of visible cheek bones. The right side of my face is visibly more recessed than the left side which manifests itself as quite a bit of facial asymmetry. After seeing progress online from people that have had the AGGA fitted (particularly Ronald Ead), I got inspired and found the only dentist in London that has had training with the device. 

After visiting the dentist, getting scanned and having him send my scans to the LVI, they suggested I'd need 6mm of growth on each side. This would take roughly 6 months at a an average rate of 1mm of growth per month. It was also noted that my airways were very narrow from my lower jaw position and on top of that, my tongue size is larger than average which is why I had some difficulty mewing correctly.  

Diet and habits

In terms of food, I follow a primarily whole foods plant based diet although I do have the occasional junk food. I do not eat any meat, fish  or dairy - this has been my diet for coming up to 3 years. I've also largely been on a calorie deficit the past couple of months as I'm trying to cut my body fat down and it's common for me to do 1 or 2 day water fasts every couple of weeks. Roughly around the same time of getting my AGGA fitted, I picked up a very consistent yoga/meditation practice thats roughly 1hour per day missing only 1 day up to this point. Now something to note which I think might be significant is that up until early this week I hadn't been hitting the gym at all. Once I came back to the gym I noticed I had considerably more strength (I couldn't do more than one pull up before and now it seems I can do 7 with no issues) I attribute this largely to the yoga practice.

Growth log

month1: 
Considerable teeth tipping started to occur very quickly this month
1mm gap on the left
around 0.8mm gap right

month 2:
here's where things get a little bit interesting. I had roughly 2mm of growth on each side. Teeth tipping seems to have stopped and I've been told to start practicing having my jaw in a more forward position. 
2.8mm on the left
3mm on the right

month 3:
At the start it was difficulty habituating my jaw to the new position but now it's become more natural although I do wake up with my jaw in the old position. When I look in the mirror and intentionally go back to my old position, it looks like there's been a lot of forward growth as it looks really silly back in the old position with my upper jaw significantly more forward than my lower.

There's still 5 more days before my appointment where I get them properly measure but from what I can see..
4-5mm on the left
5.5-6mm on the right!

It also seems like I can mew correctly as my tongue is fitting very comfortably in the roof of my mouth!

I'm not sure what is causing this rapid growth but I would speculate it to be a combination of yoga and the HGH boost from fasting.

I will update this thread after my appointment next week with the proper measurements.

Posted : 14/02/2019 10:52 am
TGW and varbrah liked
Topic Tags
varbrah
Estimable Member

Thanks for your log - Would you have any x-rays/before and afters to share from your treatment? I am an AGGA skeptic and I’m super curious to see more documentation of results if you’re willing to share 🙂

Any other positive benefits you have experienced also?

And the HGH boost from fasting probably wouldn’t be helping with bone growth - IGF-1 is the main mediator of bone growth downstream of HGH and is not really released in the absence of food/calories. HGH surge after fasting mainly occurs in order to mobilize fat stores for energy and preserve soft tissue ie muscle.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/02/2019 3:02 pm
stowywowy

Hey @varbrah - I know you're quite knowledgeable in this area and have opted to go the MSE / Facemask appraach, but I'm wondering why do you say

> I am an AGGA skeptic

What are you skeptical of and what is driving that skepticism?

Thanks 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/02/2019 3:23 pm
bensimpson

Very interesting.

Just wondering if you are measuring the ONLY real measurement that matters (in my opinion) - the nose-to-teeth indicator line? We can get the biggest gap in our jaws but unless we are moving the jaw position forward, we are not making progress. I think people forget this. Going in to get the AGGA (and the implants too later if that is your course of treatment), one doesn't want to just make some big gaps without actually moving forward.

The yoga is a really fascinating aspect. I have also been told that stress relief is a top priority, when I asked for general advice.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/03/2019 5:56 am