Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

After 7 months, one eye has started hooding?  

RSS
Azrael
Estimable Member

My eyes had poor symmetry when I started mewing 7 months ago and recently I noticed a change in my left eye so I compared two front profile pics taken two months (June and August) apart and noticed that the asymmetry has started to improve slightly.

(I wasn't planning on posting pics due to privacy concerns but since x-rays can't show soft tissue changes such as decreased eyelid exposure, this filter will have to do. I have circled the change in white.)

I recall helmutstrebl saying once that he started to notice changes (on his face) roughly around the 8th month so this has me wondering if my eyes will get hooded like his within the next 4-5 years. I've also seen far better eye area improvements in way shorter time frames among teens on Reddit so it kinda makes sense if it takes such a long time for a milimetre's change in adults like us.

Well, that's it, just thought I'd share this pic with you guys. I'll update this post if I see more hooding in the future.

Posted : 25/08/2020 3:08 pm
Loliboly liked
chiefkeefsosa

Are the tips of your ears below your eyes when you look in a mirror?

My guess is your head posture is bad resulting in that droopy look. Obviously as one tilts their head down their pct increases.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/08/2020 4:58 pm
Azrael
Estimable Member
Posted by: @chiefkeefsosa

Are the tips of your ears below your eyes when you look in a mirror?

Yes, not sure what that has to do with anything since it's like that in almost everybody.

My guess is your head posture is bad resulting in that droopy look. Obviously as one tilts their head down their pct increases.

These pics were taken with my head parallel to the Frankfurt plane (since it's a good standard that could be replicated whenever I want in the future) so there's no incorrect head posture displayed here. The "droopy look" you're talking about is due to the poor eye support which results in increased scleral show. There's no head tilt unlike most pictures of mewing progress online.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/08/2020 5:43 pm
chiefkeefsosa

@azrael notice how everyone with hunter eyes has the tips of their ears way above their eyes. Look at Salludon or Jeremey Meeks.  These people loose their hunter eyes when they tilt their head up, similar to how you keep the tip of your ears below your eyes.

Basically your making your eye area worse by not tiliting your head down far enough. Bring the tip of your ears above your eyes and watch how your eyes become more hooded.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/08/2020 7:21 pm
Loliboly
Estimable Member

There certainly seems like some improvement has occurred. Congratulations again! As for how hooded your eyes will become, I only think time can tell. Because of the filter I can’t tell; is your right eye hooded already? If so, I think it is plausible that your left eye will catch up with your right. But again, this is just based in my intuition.

How is the rest of your face developing? Has anything else changed since you last updated about your suture split? And are you able to breathe now while mewing?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/08/2020 11:26 am
Azrael
Estimable Member

notice how everyone with hunter eyes has the tips of their ears way above their eyes. Look at Salludon or Jeremey Meeks.  These people loose their hunter eyes when they tilt their head up, similar to how you keep the tip of your ears below your eyes.

I think you've confused hooded eyes and hunter eyes. Hunter eyes is when the eyes are in a positive Canthal tilt regardless of any hooding. Hooded eyes means the eyes are hooded regardless of the Canthal tilt (could be negative, neutral or positive).

I define hoodedness as the hooding of eyes when the head posture is neutral and is in the Frankfurt plane. You seem to not define it like that, from what I can see.

helmutstrebl had eyelid exposure before mewing and it reduced to the point where his eyes are hooded from almost any angle you can observe. Most of his pics are with his head parallel to the Frankfurt plane, so no, he doesn't lose the hoodedness with a change of angle.

Basically your making your eye area worse by not tiliting your head down far enough. Bring the tip of your ears above your eyes and watch how your eyes become more hooded.

Don't think that's true, though. Anybody could get their eyes hooded if they squint hard enough or tilt their heads down as you say but would that really be "hooded eyes"? No, that would simply just be playing around with angles.

I personally don't believe hooded eyes is in the cards for everyone who mews since I've seen anecdotal evidence to the contrary plenty of times. If your family members have it but you don't (as in my case) then you probably have a slight possibility of having them in the future with probably months and years of consistent mewing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/08/2020 10:30 pm
Azrael
Estimable Member
Posted by: @loliboly

There certainly seems like some improvement has occurred. Congratulations again! As for how hooded your eyes will become, I only think time can tell. Because of the filter I can’t tell; is your right eye hooded already? If so, I think it is plausible that your left eye will catch up with your right. But again, this is just based in my intuition.

Thanks but this could totally be a fluke, and yes, probably will only know for sure in like another 6 months or so (if helmut's 1 year progress is taken into consideration).

My right eye isn't hooded, it still has slight eyelid exposure at the Frankfurt plane (slightly more than helmut's before he started mewing). If this pic isn't a fluke at all, then yes, my left eye is hopefully catching up.

Posted by: @loliboly

How is the rest of your face developing? Has anything else changed since you last updated about your suture split? And are you able to breathe now while mewing?

Well, I was able to breathe with my tongue on ʾngʾ position, it's just that I wasn't able to breathe with the rear third on the soft palate. But apparently I wasn't supposed to according to Progress and Sinned iirc.

However, I am still "block mewing" sometimes when I feel like hard mewing (don't hard mew all that often as it's pretty hard to concentrate while doing other stuff) but I now "medium mew" with like 30-40% of max force possible, 80% percent of the time.

The split closed a lot a few months ago and I can no longer feel it with my tongue like I used to. Still, a small part is left to fully close near the incissive papilla.

Sadly, there hasn't been any other visible changes on my face. I feel like the hollowing of my cheeks which I noted months ago has stopped altogether after I quit focusing on proper swallowing without buccinator engagement. I haven't compared pics to arrive at this conclusion yet though since it's just a feeling I've been getting so I could be wrong here (I've also gained a few pounds [purely fat, I think, but I'm lean so not really an issue], so that could have played a role as well). What really made me decide to abandon the "buccinator hypertrophy theory" was your thread on it and my dad's hollow cheeks despite him not swallowing "properly". He's got a lower body fat percentage than me and has more forward growth, so the bones could have stretched the skin more too. If that's the case, dropping my b/f % and any CCW maxilla rotation in the coming years would probably help a bit as well.

I'll be sure to post an update if I see any more changes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/08/2020 11:04 pm
chiefkeefsosa

Any updates on your changes bro?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/09/2020 10:00 pm
TheBeastPanda

@azrael I have a neutral canthal tilt, but I want to have it positive so what can I do to get it positive.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/10/2020 1:05 pm
chiefkeefsosa

@thebeastpanda bro can you stop spamming the forum. Do mewing with correct body posture and see where it takes you. Maybe try hard mewing after you get soft mewing down for a couple of months. As you know, this forum hasn't produced any convincing result pics, so just try your best and who knows. No one here has the answers.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/10/2020 7:57 pm
TheBeastPanda

@chiefkeefsosa I'm srry bro, I'm not spamming, I'm just eager for answers. I appreciate the reply though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/10/2020 1:15 pm