Forum

NOTICE:

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

A better anchor for the whole tongue for mewing, IMHO, it will cut by half or less the time it takes to seeing result.  

RSS
RamonT
(@ramont)
Hello everyone, my name is RamonT, Ramon is my middle name, I like to use it sometimes, however, nobody knows me by this name =_= . Anyway I just turned 54, and I have been mewing the right way for about 7 months, I said the right way because when I was searching for the best position for the tongue to rest, about 4 - 6 years ago, all the articles and videos I came across said to keep the tongue behind the two front teeth and never mentioned the back of the tongue. I have been watching and reading about facial exercises for about 10 years and watching bodybuilder facial gestures for about 7 years. Now that I found mewing, I have come up with a totally completely different and fun way to work out all the 43 muscles of the face almost at will. It is very much a TOTAL facial workout. Anyhow, you guys will be doing it soon, here we go:

There is a better way to anchor the tongue than the incisive papilla, IMHO. I have watched lots of videos on mewing and nobody seems to be talking about what I'm gonna share it here with you guys. I came up with it by accident while practicing this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ymj05eN4Xc, please watch the video as a visual illustration. Okay, you have the tip of the tongue placed on the papilla, from that position move the tip of the tongue back the same way the guy does in the video, but no need to go that far back, just enough until it is behind the little bump that somewhat divides the hard palate and the soft palate.  Now feel the soft palate right behind that bump I mentioned with the tip of the tongue. When you feel the soft palate insert the tip of the tongue as you make a suction action and force the tip of the tongue in there just the same way the guy does it with the Uvula. Now drive the whole tongue up and forward and spread it to the sides as well. The whole tongue is now spread all around and nested/fitted right above the whole soft palate and under the whole maxilla bones and ready for mewing. Here is a really good video that explains really well how to mew: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPGGyK-Dvig. Drive the third part of the tongue up, forward and spread it to the sides as well. All that will happen simultaneously once you do the cheesy smile, which you guys probably know, means spreading the cheek zygomatic bones to the sides, up and forward. Again, it is VERY important to lift and drive the third part of the tongue up. forward and spread to the sides all at the same time. Actually, the cheesy smile along and without the tongue will still widen the soft palate and bring the maxilla bones up as well, so your tongue can rest whenever it needs to. Here is an example of the cheesy smile. He does it throughout the video but the front view is at the 10:06 mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx4qPTYu_Fc. Notice that he rolls his lower lip in, so when done with the tongue glued/adhered to the roof of the mouth, one does it just by spreading the mouth and smiling. Now when you want to rest your tongue you can still do either the cheesy smile without rolling the lower lip or the cheesy smile rolling the lower lip in.  Rolling the lower lip in creates a bit more tension/force. That is what this anchor does, it creates a bit more tension in the whole head/face than the incisive papilla anchor does, do not get me wrong, the incisive papilla anchor is just fine, however, I just think this one is easier and better. Now activate the occipitalis, frontalis, temporalis just to name a few muscles of the face and you'll be able to work them as you please. Watching images of the muscles and bones of the face helps a lot to visualize any particular muscles or bones that one wants to work on. Play with it if you wish and good luck if you do.

My two cents for the day =_=.

Peace out there.

Ramont

You're welcome bro, and thanks for reading my post.

Here is a kool drill for the beginners, that might be having a hard time engaging the third part/back  of the tongue: open your mouth wide as far as you can and also stretch your tongue out as much as you can as well ,now bite the tongue/hold it in place with your teeth =_= . Now move the third part/back of the tongue  up and forward and back down. It's like mewing with you tongue held in  place with your teeth. You can also chew the tongue that way to develop the muscles of the jaw but be careful not to bite your tongue to hard. Later i will post better organic exercises for the muscles of the jaw, that i believe are  just as good or better than chewing gum. You can do set of like 10 repeat,etc.

No Problem bro,

It is important to SUCTION your tongue and engage the muscles of the jaw to create more tension and force while mewing. The anchor i mentioned above allowed the third/back of the tongue to come up and forward more freely and with more force than with the incisive papilla anchor, and  that is because the tongue is completely on the soft palate as opposed to the papilla anchor which overlap the hard palate and the soft palate. Again, The incisive papilla anchor works just fine, i still use it, however i do more the anchor i mentioned because it is easier to get and quicken the process IMHO. I wanted to add this on my first post but i forgot -_-.

You tongue will get stronger,just keep doing it at your on pace,in time you'll be able to suction,push,thrust that tongue forward and up with lots of force,also, don't worry when you start feeling the bones,snapping, popping and moving, that is a good sign. Imagine you are bringing the third/back of your tongue behind the middle of the back of your nose as you mew, it really feels that way when the thrid part of the tongue is charging up,forward and up. Ckeck this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvNA53Ky2qQ

By noticing the muscles of the face bodybuilders develep through their facial gestures you can have an idea of which particular muscles of the face you want to develop more, just check a buch of the and see what feature you would like , once you know how to work that particular muscle, check some picture of people you might want to look somewhat and do the facial gesture as you look at his or her face features.

I was doing really well just doing the cheesy smile along, and i combined it with facial exercises, then i discovered mewing and my faces exercises jumped to the next level.......man , Mewing is extraordinary. The combination of the cheesy smile and mewing create all the tension/force your face/head need to exercise any muscles of the face/head, look at images of the muscles and bones of the face understand how they are located and move through gestures and then visualize working them out. The tension created by the cheesy smile and mewing makes it much easier to wake up those muscles that has not been active for a while or never been active =_= . So facial gestures is the way to workout any muscle of the face. I have a bunch of combo/routines and i will post some of them here .

I posted this at youtube a few days ago, i deleted from there to post it here, i modified it a bit:

If any of you here are really serious about getting the maxilla and the zygomatic bones to protrude/come forward more or face building in general, I highly suggest you check some videos of bodybuilders working out, I could almost say that the majority of them develop all the 22 bones and 43 muscles of their faces.  Just look at the facial gestures they made while weightlifting, I believe they do them unconsciously, however they build their faces by doing them. For instance, if you want the maxilla and zygomatic bones out , do the gesture this guy does in this video at the minute 10: 06: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx4qPTYu_Fc he does it throughout the video but that is a front view, you can also do the cheesy smile, and if you want more force do the cheesy smile with the mouth wide open and the lower jaw stretching out and down as much as you can, do it often and you will get stronger and be able to stretch out those cheeks even wider, it will in time widen the roof of the mouth, also you will feel the maxilla and zygomatic bones moving out and up, try to feel them moving, visualize it, you will feel them moving in time. I actually do all the facial gestures that bodybuilder do and combine them depending on the area of the face I want to develop more,I alternate between doing the cheesy smile bodybuilders style with the tongue resting anywhere inside the mouth just to give my tongue some rest from mewing and switch back to mewing/cheesy smile when my tongue has rested a bit, so when my tongue gets tired from mewing i do just the bodybuilder cheese smile. If you try it, you will start seeing some result in no time, just play around with the gestures.

Stay well every one and have a good week.

This topic was modified 1 week  ago by RamonT
This topic was modified 5 days  ago 6 times by RamonT
This topic was modified 4 days  ago by RamonT
This topic was modified 2 days  ago 2 times by RamonT
ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/11/2018 8:31 am DeepSquat and NeverGiveup liked
mewermew
(@mewermew)

wow thx for sharing bro.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/11/2018 8:57 am RamonT liked
rocoloco
(@rocoloco)

Would you share any progress pictures?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/11/2018 5:20 pm
rocoloco
(@rocoloco)
Posted by: RamonT
Posted by: rocoloco

Would you share any progress pictures?

Hi Rocoloco,

That is a kool name my friend. I honestly did not think about taking pictures before and after, as people usually do, however, i do have pictures from the pass and i will take some fresh ones and post them all here soon.

Thanks for passing by.

Thanks man, didn't want to sound rude, I was a bit in a hurry when I wrote that. I asked for pictures because many "success stories" and reports of development lack of comparison pictures, but I understand that it is something that is rarely thought of and some people don't want to post their faces online (totally understandable). Also it's hard to get proper before and after pictures.

Anyway, your post is really insteresting, I tried to practice your method for glueing the tongue to the entire palate and it seems to work better than what I did before, even though it takes me a bit of concentration to get it right. Also once my tongue is all plastered up on the roof of the palate, it gets tiring very soon! So I wonder if I'm doing it wrong or it's just my underdevloped tongue muscle. 

What I can't really understand is the part when you say that you can work out any face muscle by doing this... I mean, how exactly?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/11/2018 11:43 am
Greensmoothies
(@greensmoothies)
Estimable Member

I've been trying out the technique you outlined for the past few days, and since you edited your post about it to remove the description of the technique, I guess I need to write out what I've been doing differently: draw the tongue backwards, at, least behind the rugae, then with the tip of your tongue pressed against your palate, push it back forwards to behind the teeth (or wherever you place the tip of your tongue). You should feel increased suction and pressure from the tip of the tongue verses just placing the tip of the tongue. I like to complete this exercise with a Mew cheesy grin and swallow because I feel this does a few things 1) secures posterior third tongue pressure and suction (important when doing this technique with the tip of the tongue because I felt like the additional pressure in front took from pressure in the back somehow 2) helps flatten out the tongue to cover maximum palate area with a suction hold.

Edit for clairity: this method outlined above is different than what is described in the OP, but I believe what I've outlined here helps increase suction at the tip of the tongue when mewing normally

This post was modified 4 days  ago by Greensmoothies
ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/11/2018 1:51 pm Sclera and Apollo liked
RamonT
(@ramont)
Posted by: Greensmoothies

I've been trying out the technique you outlined for the past few days, and since you edited your post about it to remove the description of the technique, I guess I need to write out what I've been doing differently: draw the tongue backwards, at, least behind the rugae, then with the tip of your tongue pressed against your palate, push it back forwards to behind the teeth (or wherever you place the tip of your tongue). You should feel increased suction and pressure from the tip of the tongue verses just placing the tip of the tongue. I like to complete this exercise with a Mew cheesy grin and swallow because I feel this does a few things 1) secures posterior third tongue pressure and suction (important when doing this technique with the tip of the tongue because I felt like the additional pressure in front took from pressure in the back somehow 2) helps flatten out the tongue to cover maximum palate area with a suction hold.

I will post it again right now. I wanted to fix all the grammar mistakes and add some more infomation. I will do that  when i have a chance. I must mention, the technique will help to widen the soft palate fast and will help to engage the third/ back of the tongue fast as well that's why you want to go hard at the begging. And after you get all that down, One  needs to get in a meditated mode and let the Breathing and the Suction of the tongue do their job, no need to go hard, just the breathing and the Suction of the tongue will add all the force needed to bring those desired bones up in due time . I highly suggest you try the Ujjayi breathing. And also very important, good body posture, as Dr Mike Mew mentioned.

I want to add that do not understimate the CHEESY SMILE bodybuilder way with the mouth open and the lower jaw spread all the way down and out, that along will widen the soft palate/mouth and it is a perfect way to warm up and then will be much easier to nest the tongue in the pocket as i call it, that is the way it feels when the whole front of the tongue is there. You can also do the cheesy smile one side/cheek at a time and do static hold and pulses, just play around and you'll come up with a bunch of way of doing it.

P.S. I never mentioned that i have been using this anchor, The Pocket for just about 3 months and i'm having amazing result. I will post pictures when i'm ready.

I will post the old post back on top along with the other posts i replied to.

This post was modified 4 days  ago 8 times by RamonT
ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/11/2018 4:23 pm
Apollo
(@apollo)
Reputable Member

Hi @ramont, I'm not sure if I understand your technique. You draw back the tip of the tongue so that it rests right at the back edge of the hard palate and the entire tongue presses against the soft palate? How long do you keep it in this position? This seems different than the method @greensmoothies described which brings the tip of the tongue back but then pushes it forward again toward the usual spot. Thanks for sharing your ideas!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/11/2018 6:01 pm
RamonT
(@ramont)
Posted by: Apollo

Hi @ramont, I'm not sure if I understand your technique. You draw back the tip of the tongue so that it rests right at the back edge of the hard palate and the entire tongue presses against the soft palate? How long do you keep it in this position? This seems different than the method @greensmoothies described which brings the tip of the tongue back but then pushes it forward again toward the usual spot. Thanks for sharing your ideas!

Hi Apollo, you're welcome brother.

Ok, just like the guy does in the video, the tip of the tongue reaches/bends toward the uvula, however, no need to bring it that far.Once the tip of the tongue feels the soft palate, at that moment you make a suction action engaging your jaw and breathing in through your nose, all at the same time, that's gonna move the soft palate up and you will be straitening/charging your tongue  forward. You might feel the tip/front of the tongue somewhat sinking down  as it anchors itself in all that area of the soft palate, you might also feel as if the front of the tongue is opening up/ unsticking and stretching some of the soft palate  in that area to widen and anchor itself better. Once you achieve that, you can move the tongue inside the soft palate from ear to ear/side to side  to widen, open up/unstick and stretch some of the soft palate further and then you can nest the tongue there nicely. It is much easier to do the suction action and engage the jaw by moving the lower jaw slightly forward lips together and tips separated, you can also move the jaw from side to side to correct any imbalance or an uneven jaw. Now from that position say Mooo as you pout you lips and the third part/back of the tongue moves forward and up. IMO, there is no need to get the lips/teeth together just yet. One does that after achieving the anchor and is able to control/engage the third part/back of the tongue.

Please feel free to ask anything that you can not understand and I will do my best to explain it.

P.S. I'm writing this from my phone, I probably gonna have to corrected later =_= .

This post was modified 4 days  ago by RamonT
This post was modified 2 days  ago 11 times by RamonT
This post was modified 1 day  ago 2 times by RamonT
ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/11/2018 9:03 pm
Apollo
(@apollo)
Reputable Member

If I am understanding your instructions correctly, I think my frenulum is too tight to be able to do it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/11/2018 10:08 pm
RamonT
(@ramont)

Hey Apollo,

I keep it in the pocket on and off all day long, i fall asleep that way although when i wake up in the middle of the night the tongue slips out of the pocket and is resting on the spot. It still needs more time to get use to the pocket -_-

I wanted to add, that when the tongue is in the pocket, it almost feel that it is on the incisive papilla/ the spot, only the hard palate separate the two anchors.

In my experience so far, the whole front of the tongue seems to be somewhat pointing down and  forward and it is just anchored/jammed that way, so that you can focus more on bringing up and forward the third part/back of the tongue, that is really what moves up and forward. I believe i mentioned above, that when the third part/back of the tongue is going where is supposed to go, it will feel as if the third part/back of the tongue is behind the middle of the nose and you can play with the force/pressure/tension/ vacuum like created by the suction and the breathing. Just stay relax and somewhat in meditating mode, eventually and in time it will become second nature.

This post was modified 2 days  ago 6 times by RamonT
This post was modified 23 hours  ago by RamonT
ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/11/2018 10:12 pm
RamonT
(@ramont)

If I am understanding your instructions correctly, I think my frenulum is too tight to be able to do it.

Hi Apollo,

Yes, that could make a little difficult. mine was short too, long time ago. It is short but better  because through out the years i have been stretching it to be able to pronounce the Spanish R. Here is a video that could help, i actually do it because i want to be able to do what he does: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCI8UJ76FEM ,The video is in the Spanish language with  English subtitles.

This post was modified 4 days  ago 2 times by RamonT
ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/11/2018 10:21 pm Apollo liked
Apollo
(@apollo)
Reputable Member

So you are essentially recommending the first stage of Khechari mudra practice (nabho mudra)? I have read about this yogic method in the past, and imagined that reaching the nasopharynx with the tongue might have an effect similar to NCR, but I didn't pursue it since my frenulum is relatively tight and I doubted that my tongue would ever be able to reach that far. However, it is interesting that even the preliminary stage with the tip of the tongue pressing into the soft palate could be beneficial. Maybe I will try some of the exercises to stretch the frenulum. If anything it would improve my standard oral posture. Thanks again!

This post was modified 4 days  ago 3 times by Apollo
ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/11/2018 10:55 pm
RamonT
(@ramont)

So you are essentially recommending the first stage of Khechari mudra practice (nabho mudra)? I have read about this yogic method in the past, and imagined that reaching the nasopharynx with the tongue might have an effect similar to NCR, but I didn't pursue it since my frenulum is relatively tight and I doubted that my tongue would ever be able to reach that far. However, it is interesting that even the preliminary stage with the tip of the tongue pressing into the soft palate could be beneficial. Maybe I will try some of the exercises to stretch the frenulum. If anything it would improve my standard oral posture. Thanks again!

Hi Apollo,

You're welcome brother .

Actually i was referring mainly to the exercises, to stretch the tongue just enough to reach that entrance into soft palate.And yes!, the first stage in that image is the exact entrance to that "pocket". The other stuff is really interesting indeed. I am far from even touching the uvula, that i'm having my doubt that  i ever gonna be able to get it, but i will keep trying until i lose hope.

Thanks for the image  ,really kool to see the tongue travel that far up, just unreal. I've heard that some guys can massage their heart or bring the tongue down around that area. just unbelievable.

Stay well and good luck in your journey.

This post was modified 4 days  ago 5 times by RamonT
This post was modified 2 days  ago by RamonT
ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/11/2018 11:59 pm
Greensmoothies
(@greensmoothies)
Estimable Member

So it seems I just tounged my uvula... my frenulum isn't too restrictive so maybe that's why. Somehow it became easier once I got there, but I back tracked because I got spooked tbh. Made me recall this soft palate myofascial release I'd forgotten to try  http://www.observedimpulse.com/2015/05/intraoral-myofacial-release-for.html

Interesting point about bringing the mandible forward when doing a Mew cheesy grin/swallow, it wasn't something I'd been doing but it makes sense as the proper way to open the mouth is to open up to holding the mandible a bit forward. Doing the cheesy grin this way activated my mentalis muscle much more.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/11/2018 1:03 am
RamonT
(@ramont)
Posted by: Greensmoothies

So it seems I just tounged my uvula... my frenulum isn't too restrictive so maybe that's why. Somehow it became easier once I got there, but I back tracked because I got spooked tbh. Made me recall this soft palate myofascial release I'd forgotten to try  http://www.observedimpulse.com/2015/05/intraoral-myofacial-release-for.html

Interesting point about bringing the mandible forward when doing a Mew cheesy grin/swallow, it wasn't something I'd been doing but it makes sense as the proper way to open the mouth is to open up to holding the mandible a bit forward. Doing the cheesy grin this way activated my mentalis muscle much more.

=_= , It feels that way at first, but then the tongue feels nice and cozy, warm and very comfortable there. Tongue chewing is great from there, and if you extend the lower jaw down and out keeping the lips together and pouting them while doing the chewing action, chewing the tongue with the soft palate and the back of the tongue, you will feel the muscles of the jaw burning with just a few reps.  practicing swallowing as well from that anchor is another goodie, One really gets plenty of saliva from having the tongue nested there.

Right on bro!, yes it engages the mentalis muscles. If you focus on the mentalis muscle rolling up and out the lower lip from the very base of the chin, It would give it more activation and develop the lower lip. You can do the exact same thing with the upper lip at the same time by engaging the orbicularis oris from under the nose and rolling the upper lip down and out. You do all that simultaneously while mewing bringing the back of the tongue up and froward, really intense indeed now alternate with the cheesy smile and you whole head will be on fire. Remember the breathing,the suction and the action of bringing the tongue up and forward is the KEY. Breathing into your nose while doing all of the above will help the soft palate rise, making easier for the tongue to push and get in there to anchor perfectly.

Thanks for the link, that is a very interesting article. I swear by the trigger point therapy book by Clair Davies. I'm certainly gonna try it.

Have a good day now.

This post was modified 4 days  ago 2 times by RamonT
This post was modified 3 days  ago 4 times by RamonT
This post was modified 2 days  ago 10 times by RamonT
ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/11/2018 9:41 am
Progress
(@progress)
Member Moderator

Welcome @RamonT . TGW once sent me this, have you read it? It's very similar to what you are talking about: http://www.tarpitboss.com/Lingual_Exploration.html  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/11/2018 12:28 pm Apollo and RamonT liked
RamonT
(@ramont)
Posted by: Progress

Welcome @RamonT . TGW once sent me this, have you read it? It's very similar to what you are talking about: http://www.tarpitboss.com/Lingual_Exploration.html  

Thanks bro,

Yes indeed, really amazing. practicing that was how i came across the pocket. The way he does it the tongue is on the whole soft palate. They way i do it the tongue is under the whole soft palate. I would think doing it his way should be even better and have more overall benefit, however, it is really hard for most people to get the tongue to reach the far back, the way i do it it is much easier to get down. I stretch my tongue every day, with the hope of be able to achieve it one day.I'llkeep you guys updated one that one -_-.

As Apollo mentioned above and the image he posted:

The stage 1, is the entrace to the pocket.

This post was modified 3 days  ago 2 times by RamonT
ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/11/2018 2:15 pm
paradise
(@paradise)

How do you stretch your tongue?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/11/2018 5:40 pm
RamonT
(@ramont)
Posted by: paradise

How do you stretch your tongue?

Just like this guy does in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCI8UJ76FEM

This post was modified 2 days  ago by RamonT
ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/11/2018 6:30 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register