Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

6 - Month Profile Progress  

RSS
Achilles1
(@achilles1)
Trusted Member

Hard Mewer Checking in. I'm particularly pleased with the change in my aesthetic plane (the line from the tip of nose to the chin). Looks like my midface moved straight forward!

I also noticed a more acute gonial angle. This is mostly unattributable to ramus lengthening, but rather both jaws rotating up. 

Before:  https://imgur.com/hn8JLAL

After:  https://imgur.com/3APAuqo

Posted : 09/10/2018 8:59 am
Progress
(@progress)
Member Moderator

Looks promising, would it possible for you to take the after photo in the same place you took the first one?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/10/2018 9:45 am
Achilles1
(@achilles1)
Trusted Member
Posted by: Progress

Looks promising, would it possible for you to take the after photo in the same place you took the first one?

That was in my old apartment, but I will try and find a similar lighting/distance. I'm not particularly concerned with being precise right now because I'm still in the "early" phase. I will hopefully get a better camera soon. I know people on here like to observe empirical changes from an ultra-scientific position, which is understandable because it gives them hope. What I can say is that my changes in real life are astounding. 

Just touching my face, it feels completely different from January. My forehead is shorter, my cheekbones are higher, and the base of the bridge of my nose feels more "robust". Even the top and back of my skull have transformed. Overall I look younger and healthier. My friends tell me I look different, but they can't figure out why. I am also noticing more attention from females, which is nice haha

This post was modified 8 months ago by Achilles1
ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/10/2018 10:13 am
EddieMoney and RamonT liked
AguirreTWoR
(@aguirretwor)

Definitely substantial results. Can you give a layout to your routine?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/10/2018 10:32 am
Achilles1 liked
Achilles1
(@achilles1)
Trusted Member
Posted by: AguirreTWoR

Definitely substantial results. Can you give a layout to your routine?

Well, first and foremost, I mew really really hard. All day every day. My tongue, jaw muscles, and teeth/palate are sore just about all the time. Also, I chin tuck all day long, even when talking to people (even though I look stupid af and have a huge double chin lol).

For the first 3 months, I ate almost exclusively steak and liver. I didn't use silverware either, tearing the meat apart with my incisors. In my opinion, this creates a "face-pulling" effect, encouraging sagittal expansion of the dental arch. I utilized the liver for its mineral content, although I eventually stopped because I cannot find any healthy animals with good livers where I live now. 

I also supplement with 45mg Mk4 daily, as well as Vitamin D, A, B6, Betaine, Choline, Inositol, Dopa Mucuna, Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc, Sodium, and Iron. 

Lastly, I regular gum for 1-3 hrs/day. I alternate between tongue chewing (for palatal expansion) and normal chewing (for re-alignment of the lower teeth). 

This post was modified 8 months ago by Achilles1
ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/10/2018 10:56 am
AguirreTWoR
(@aguirretwor)

Pretty damn dedicated. With hard mewing, do you mean just pushing the tongue up really hard? Do you get airway obstruction while mewing?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/10/2018 10:59 am
Achilles1
(@achilles1)
Trusted Member

Pretty damn dedicated. With hard mewing, do you mean just pushing the tongue up really hard? Do you get airway obstruction while mewing?

Yes I push the tongue up really hard. I am very fortunate, because I have always had a wide palate (maybe 39-41 mm starting) and swallowed semi-properly with good lip seal, so I never had airway obstruction. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/10/2018 11:09 am
DeepSquat
(@deepsquat)

Well done, thank you for sharing. I agree that when things start to move, you can really feel the change first with your hands (ie: when shaving/washing face)

"I also supplement with 45mg Mk4 daily, as well as Vitamin D, A, B6, Betaine, Choline, Inositol, Dopa Mucuna, Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc, Sodium, and Iron. "

Respect to your dedication, I see you are trying the shotgun approach (ie: everything at once) like myself, so it may be hard to know what exactly is contributing to your gains and what isn't, but curious if you have noticed anything you can directly attribute to the use to vitamin K2 (plus others)?

This post was modified 8 months ago by DeepSquat
ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/10/2018 11:41 am
Achilles1 liked
Achilles1
(@achilles1)
Trusted Member

It's really hard to say if the K2 is helping, but it certainly is not hindering. I have been relatively athletic until I badly injured my spine and left jaw (the reason I started mewing in the first place). That being said, I am familiar with how the body grows. You can make fairly substantial gains with bad diet, drinking/smoking habits, etc. by shear force and dedication. The body is highly adaptive. If you were airdropped into the wilderness, you would adapt or die. Your body knows this and is programmed for this. 

If you were forced to chew on tubers for hours to extract only 20 calories, your body would make note of this and respond by optimizing the leverage of the jaws to become more efficient. 

I think just having a little bit of fat around your belly is enough surplus energy for the body to respond appropriately to mechanical stimulus. That being said, this scenario is still suboptimal. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/10/2018 12:06 pm
drunkwithcoffee
(@drunkwithcoffee)
Trusted Member

Thank you so much for the encouragement/motivation boost!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/10/2018 12:26 pm
Progress
(@progress)
Member Moderator
Posted by: Achilles1
Posted by: Progress

That was in my old apartment, but I will try and find a similar lighting/distance. I'm not particularly concerned with being precise right now because I'm still in the "early" phase. I will hopefully get a better camera soon. I know people on here like to observe empirical changes from an ultra-scientific position, which is understandable because it gives them hope. What I can say is that my changes in real life are astounding. 

Just touching my face, it feels completely different from January. My forehead is shorter, my cheekbones are higher, and the base of the bridge of my nose feels more "robust". Even the top and back of my skull have transformed. Overall I look younger and healthier. My friends tell me I look different, but they can't figure out why. I am also noticing more attention from females, which is nice haha

Glad to hear that. I get the what you mean by not bothering to be precise at this point, and while it's clear that your face has improved a lot, the downside is that it's harder to make sense of the totality of all cranial changes that have occurred. In any case, thank you for sharing these pics. You say that your palatal width was about 40mm when you began. How much has your width increased since then? Have you noticed any psychological changes in the past six months?

This post was modified 8 months ago by Progress
ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/10/2018 1:09 pm
Achilles1 liked
Achilles1
(@achilles1)
Trusted Member

I'm not planning on measuring my IMW until April when I take my next pics, but I suspect my IMW is approx. 41-43 mm because nearly my entire tongue fits without touching teeth, but this is just speculation. 

This post was modified 7 months ago 2 times by Achilles1
ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/10/2018 1:44 pm
RamonT liked
Pame
 Pame
(@pame)
Trusted Member

Whats your age? Did you notice improved sleep quality, like requiring less sleep?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/10/2018 2:51 pm
Achilles1
(@achilles1)
Trusted Member
Posted by: Pame

Whats your age? Did you notice improved sleep quality, like requiring less sleep?

I'm almost 27. My sleep is rubbish because I have severe back spasms and leg and take pain meds to fall asleep. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/10/2018 3:11 pm
alfio
(@alfio)

Nice words friend, but from the photos I see few changes, if any!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/10/2018 4:31 pm
Achilles1 liked
Achilles1
(@achilles1)
Trusted Member
Posted by: alfio

Nice words friend, but from the photos I see few changes, if any!

haha ok dude

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/10/2018 4:34 pm
Silver
(@silver)
Eminent Member

Looks excellent! The big improvement that stands out to me is your eyes—more steely looking and more hooded—and your chin. You grew a chin that you didn't have before! Much more attractive face overall. I'm really impressed.

Your head is slightly rotated towards the camera in the after picture, unlike the before picture in which your profile straight-on. It's also a little blurry. Could we see a better pic?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/10/2018 6:19 pm
Achilles1 liked
Silver
(@silver)
Eminent Member

Also, 45mg K2 per day may be counterproductive. varbrah and I are discussing it (starting) here

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/10/2018 6:47 pm
Achilles1
(@achilles1)
Trusted Member

Yea sure I'll upload another photo with some better lighting soon. I just kinda randomly took that one off the cuff. Also, @silver thank you for the compliments! 

This post was modified 8 months ago 3 times by Achilles1
ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/10/2018 6:57 pm
alfio
(@alfio)
Posted by: Silver

Looks excellent! The big improvement that stands out to me is your eyes—more steely looking and more hooded—and your chin. You grew a chin that you didn't have before! Much more attractive face overall. I'm really impressed.

Your head is slightly rotated towards the camera in the after picture, unlike the before picture in which your profile straight-on. It's also a little blurry. Could we see a better pic?

You grew a chin that you didn't have before! Much more attractive face overall.??!!

The second photo was taken from further down and forward than the first, as well as with different lighting, and that can give the illusion of a more prominent chin and jaw. I don't find any difference, and more generally speaking, I would like the photos before-after to be taken as consistently as possible.

This post was modified 8 months ago by alfio
ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/10/2018 7:00 pm
Achilles1 liked
Achilles1
(@achilles1)
Trusted Member

You grew a chin that you didn't have before! Much more attractive face overall.??!!

The second photo was taken from further down and forward than the first, as well as with different lighting, and that can give the illusion of a more prominent chin and jaw. I don't find any difference, and more generally speaking, I would like the photos before-after to be taken as consistently as possible.

Bro, imagine that both those pictures are silhouettes. The outline of each face would be completely different! Also, I only showed these photos for fun. I honestly never cared about being a case study for future generations or some sh*t like that lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/10/2018 7:13 pm
drunkwithcoffee
(@drunkwithcoffee)
Trusted Member

Yes all this is true, but if you extrapolate the after picture mentally, there's really no way it would look anything close to the before picture.  I agree it'd be nice if the pics were from the exact same angle, but also, no one owes any of us anything.  We're privileged people post any pics at all.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/10/2018 7:54 pm
AguirreTWoR
(@aguirretwor)

Yes I push the tongue up really hard. I am very fortunate, because I have always had a wide palate (maybe 39-41 mm starting) and swallowed semi-properly with good lip seal, so I never had airway obstruction. 

Not in the least bit? Do you push the back your tongue slightly backwards as well?

This post was modified 8 months ago by AguirreTWoR
ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/10/2018 2:42 am
gubbbbb
(@gubbbbb)
Eminent Member

your chins is definitely bigger but the crazy lighting makes it hard to tell how much everything has changed. congrats though

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/10/2018 5:26 am
Silver
(@silver)
Eminent Member

Has your voice changed at all?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/10/2018 5:35 pm
Achilles1
(@achilles1)
Trusted Member

Not in the least bit? Do you push the back your tongue slightly backwards as well?

I have no issues breathing at all. I've even tried to force my tongue all the way back with an extreme chin tuck, purposefully trying to embarrass my airway, but nada. Thing is, I use to have fantastic bone structure until college, where I stopped being active and my posture got f*cked up.  

Also, I have 31 teeth. I had one extracted on my right side at 13, which I think is why I have noticeable asymmetries and scoliosis

This post was modified 8 months ago 2 times by Achilles1
ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/10/2018 9:03 pm
Achilles1
(@achilles1)
Trusted Member

My voice has changed ever so slightly. The problem is that as the months go on you lose your reference. I remember times I noticed my voice getting deeper, but now it just sounds normal to me. Same with my face. I remember the first time I shaved my beard and I saw anterior cheek bones, I was positively giddy. Now it just looks like "me". It's become normalized. 

I will definitely say that my voice cracks all the time like a teenage f*cking boy haha. I look and sound like I'm going through a second puberty haha. Plus my singing voice is wayyyy better

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/10/2018 9:12 pm
richardthunder
(@richardthunder)

Have your upper teeth shifted up and forward? I'm wondering if hard mewing will help a gummy smile

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/10/2018 4:30 am
Achilles1
(@achilles1)
Trusted Member
Posted by: richardthunder

Have your upper teeth shifted up and forward? I'm wondering if hard mewing will help a gummy smile

It is obvious to me that both my upper and lower jaws have shifted up and forward slightly. I have never had a gummy smile in the front, but I have on the sides where the buccal corridors are located. As the months have progressed, less gums show and more teeth show

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/10/2018 5:04 pm
Sclera liked
drunkwithcoffee
(@drunkwithcoffee)
Trusted Member

Are you able to mew while sleeping?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/10/2018 12:59 am
Silver
(@silver)
Eminent Member

My voice has changed ever so slightly. The problem is that as the months go on you lose your reference. I remember times I noticed my voice getting deeper, but now it just sounds normal to me. Same with my face. I remember the first time I shaved my beard and I saw anterior cheek bones, I was positively giddy. Now it just looks like "me". It's become normalized. 

I will definitely say that my voice cracks all the time like a teenage f*cking boy haha. I look and sound like I'm going through a second puberty haha. Plus my singing voice is wayyyy better

This is so cool. It would be interesting to compare an old video to a recording made today.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/10/2018 2:19 pm
Achilles1
(@achilles1)
Trusted Member
Posted by: drunkwithcoffee

Are you able to mew while sleeping?

It's hard to say with 100% confidence, but I never wake up with dry mouth/terrible breath anymore and I'm told I don't snore anymore. I sleep on my side with my chin tucked into my chest

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/10/2018 9:08 pm
drunkwithcoffee
(@drunkwithcoffee)
Trusted Member

Awesome that you're able to master the chin tuck in your sleep! You've inspired me to get serious about chin tucking.

Obviously when most of us chin tuck right now we get a bit of double chin.  Did that go away for you? Meaning are you able to chin tuck now but still have your chin project like normal people do? Also, are you a teeth touching or no touch guy?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/10/2018 2:43 pm
Rockyp33
(@rockyp33)
Reputable Member

This i s good to heard ive been thinking about hard mewing do you with teeth together or apart sligthly?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/10/2018 5:24 pm
Achilles1
(@achilles1)
Trusted Member
Posted by: drunkwithcoffee

Awesome that you're able to master the chin tuck in your sleep! You've inspired me to get serious about chin tucking.

Obviously when most of us chin tuck right now we get a bit of double chin.  Did that go away for you? Meaning are you able to chin tuck now but still have your chin project like normal people do? Also, are you a teeth touching or no touch guy?

No, I still get a big double chin, but I actually have a chin now so it's not as bad. I started with my teeth together all the time, but now I keep them slightly apart except when swallowing/repositioning the tongue

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/10/2018 4:53 pm
Jhooof
(@jhooof)

Great post! The psychological effects, did they appear quickly ? or over a longer period of time?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/11/2018 12:13 pm
Achilles1
(@achilles1)
Trusted Member
Posted by: Jhooof

Great post! The psychological effects, did they appear quickly ? or over a longer period of time?

Really, most of the psychological benefits are from an increased physical quality of life. I feel so much better in the morning; my eyes used to burn so badly and I always had a stuffed nose. I had huge dark circles and red eyes do to lack of eye support. I used to look at myself and not recognize the face looking bad at me. My back was always killing me and I felt so down all the time with no energy...

As far as the hormonal restoration I have experienced, I think it took a good 6-8 weeks to gain full benefits. This REALLY increased my happiness. It is vital to lower those cortisol levels man!

Psychologically, what has helped me greatly is that I always have a daily goal: mew the best I can. No matter how my day goes, I always know I'm slowly becoming a better person. Every day I get better looking and better feeling! I have had more girls flirt with me in the last 4 months than I did in the last 4 years lol. This definitely gives me a little confidence boost!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/11/2018 11:38 am
paradise
(@paradise)
Eminent Member

Thanks for sharing. Have you noticed gaps opening up between your teeth due to hard mewing? They may not be visible but if you floss regularly you may be able to feel a difference.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/11/2018 9:44 pm
Achilles1
(@achilles1)
Trusted Member
Posted by: paradise

Thanks for sharing. Have you noticed gaps opening up between your teeth due to hard mewing? They may not be visible but if you floss regularly you may be able to feel a difference.

Yea I got those tiny gaps in the beginning, then they go away, then reopen again and so on. My teeth change just about every week now

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/11/2018 3:14 pm
Mangas77
(@mangas77)

Any update bro ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/01/2019 4:00 pm
zippoxx liked
ohwhatthehell
(@ohwhatthehell)

Your progress is phenomenal. It's been 4 months, can we get another update? You are the best, most believable instance I've seen of real improvement.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/01/2019 1:08 am
Achilles1
(@achilles1)
Trusted Member
Posted by: ohwhatthehell

Your progress is phenomenal. It's been 4 months, can we get another update? You are the best, most believable instance I've seen of real improvement.

Thanks for the positive input, it really helps me stay motivated! Here's an update. I tried to vertically line up the back length of the jaw in both photos, which I think (somewhat) accurately shows how much horizontal growth I have received over these 9 months. 

Note the change in the eye area as well as the upturn of my upper lip (shortened philtrum). My mandible has gotten significantly wider and more defined. My dorsal hump has started to smooth out too. Overall profile is less flat: it's almost like my before pic looks like i got punched in the nose and caved in the midface haha. I still have small dark circles under the eyes, but they are much improved. 

https://imgur.com/a/V2ujMKq

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/01/2019 5:57 am
ohwhatthehell
(@ohwhatthehell)

It's like your whole face is more pointed forward or something. It's hard to put my finger on any one difference, but it's still instantly noticeable. Thanks for posting. You've inspired me to be more consistent!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/01/2019 1:43 pm
Achilles1 liked
drunkwithcoffee
(@drunkwithcoffee)
Trusted Member

Seconding @ohwhatthehell.  Just at a casual glance (not accounting for any lighting or angles that may be playing tricks on our eyes) you're the most (only?) convincing case of post-puberty change out there.  Thank you again for the motivation.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/01/2019 8:10 pm
Achilles1 liked
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register