Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

365 Days of Profile Change  

RSS
Achilles1
(@achilles1)
Trusted Member

Well Boyos, I finally made it a whole year. Any questions?

This topic was modified 1 week ago by Achilles1
Posted : 10/04/2019 6:13 pm
dm222
(@dm222)

which one is before and after?

second one seems face is shorter

This post was modified 1 week ago by dm222
ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2019 6:24 pm
drunkwithcoffee
(@drunkwithcoffee)
Eminent Member

Has the number of teeth you can see when you smile improved at all?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2019 7:00 pm
dm222
(@dm222)

I tried to do something more scientific...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2019 7:34 pm
Achilles1
(@achilles1)
Trusted Member
Posted by: dm222

which one is before and after?

second one seems face is shorter

Second one is current. Can you explain to me what those figures represent? I'm not familiar with that type of analysis.

This post was modified 1 week ago by Achilles1
ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2019 7:37 pm
Achilles1
(@achilles1)
Trusted Member
Posted by: drunkwithcoffee

Has the number of teeth you can see when you smile improved at all?

Yes, my smile has improved a lot. I can see 10 across, although the farthest ones back still show a bit of gum. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2019 7:44 pm
dm222
(@dm222)

I've just invented that analysis lol.

According to that your face lenght between chin and eye diminushed around 7.3%

This post was modified 1 week ago by dm222
ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2019 7:48 pm
Achilles1
(@achilles1)
Trusted Member

I've just invented that analysis lol.

According to that your face lenght between chin and eye diminushed around 7.3%

Dang! That's a lot!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2019 7:55 pm
drunkwithcoffee
(@drunkwithcoffee)
Eminent Member

@Achilles1 that's pretty great! I could be wrong but I feel like 10 pretty much qualifies you as a "wide palate smile."

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2019 8:16 pm
Achilles1 liked
dm222
(@dm222)

with the palate expansion the jaw also exapands? if so the whole jaw or just the teeth?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2019 8:21 pm
Achilles1
(@achilles1)
Trusted Member

with the palate expansion the jaw also exapands? if so the whole jaw or just the teeth?

Yes the whole jaw expands, as long as you keep the lip seal. My jaws are very wide now

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2019 8:31 pm
dm222 liked
mr.mewing
(@mr-mewing)
Trusted Member
Posted by: Achilles1

Yes the whole jaw expands, as long as you keep the lip seal. My jaws are very wide now

did you used an device to expand the upper arch or just tongue expansion?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/04/2019 2:15 am
Pame
 Pame
(@pame)
Eminent Member

Did you see any improvements in your sleep and breathing or sense of smell? Also did you notice your skin improving? Might just be the lighting but your skin looks a lot less red in the after.

This post was modified 1 week ago 2 times by Pame
ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/04/2019 3:46 am
Achilles1
(@achilles1)
Trusted Member
Posted by: mr.mewing

no devices, just my tongue 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/04/2019 3:58 am
scerif liked
mr.mewing
(@mr-mewing)
Trusted Member
Posted by: mr.mewing

no devices, just my tongue 

and with retainers like fixed ones 

and what was your starting  intermolar width  and whats it now?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/04/2019 4:17 am
Achilles1
(@achilles1)
Trusted Member
Posted by: Pame

Did you see any improvements in your sleep and breathing or sense of smell?

Sleep has improved a bit. Definitely my sense of smell is more acute. Also, my TMD is about 80% improved. As far as skin goes, I think the redness was the lighting probably, but my complexion is insane now. Like, my skin has been pulled tight by my cheekbones and makes me look much more youthful.

This post was modified 6 days ago by Achilles1
ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/04/2019 11:48 am
dm222
(@dm222)

Did you mouth breath before? Did you stop?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/04/2019 12:34 pm
Timbertiger
(@timbertiger)

Awesome. You went from like a 7 to a 9 within a year.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/04/2019 1:49 pm
Achilles1 liked
elcomepvssy
(@elcomepvssy)

age?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/04/2019 5:23 pm
ohwhatthehell
(@ohwhatthehell)

Can you describe your routine? This progress is bonkers.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2019 1:15 am
GreekGodBrody
(@greekgodbrody)
Eminent Member

Your neck posture is horrible in both pics, especially in the after. Can't believe you're not aware of that.

You're jutting your jaw forward, which questions your claims of progress.

This post was modified 7 days ago by GreekGodBrody
ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2019 2:27 am
Meowth liked
newyearnewme
(@newyearnewme)

The face does look significantly shorter. 🙂 

But yeah, your neck posture is not ideal, so it's hard to judge.

Less beard looks better on you, it seems

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2019 5:36 am
Achilles1
(@achilles1)
Trusted Member
Posted by: elcomepvssy

age?

I'm 27

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2019 9:45 am
Achilles1
(@achilles1)
Trusted Member
Posted by: ohwhatthehell

Can you describe your routine? This progress is bonkers.

Well I wouldn't say I really have a routine per se, but I usually spend 1 or 2 hours chewing gum a day. Also I hard mew. I always look to get this buzzing vibration-type of feeling across my maxilla as well as behind my eyes. Usually my palate has been noticeably wider on subsequent days following this sensation. I'm constantly modifying/improving my tongue position and symmetry as I gain more space.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2019 10:00 am
Achilles1
(@achilles1)
Trusted Member
Posted by: GreekGodBrody

Your neck posture is horrible in both pics, especially in the after. Can't believe you're not aware of that.

Second picture is rotated clockwise 15 degrees to get a similar alignment of the lower jaw. This is not how my head is naturally held. 

Also, yeah um, I'm not jutting my jaw forwards. It's kind of amusing that you are so confident in that claim lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2019 10:20 am
drunkwithcoffee
(@drunkwithcoffee)
Eminent Member
Posted by: GreekGodBrody

I'm 100% sure he's doing it for the sake of comparison with the before pic.  In a previous thread he's mentioned how he's constantly chin tucking, so it's highly unlikely this is his normal head posture.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2019 11:00 am
Achilles1 liked
ohwhatthehell
(@ohwhatthehell)

How hard is "hard mewing"? We talking like as much force as you can muster? Do you put more pressure towards the back of your tongue or the front/middle? You are around my age and these are killer results, so I wanna get as much knowledge as I can!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2019 11:28 am
Achilles1 liked
Timbertiger
(@timbertiger)

I second ohwatthehell's question. I've been "hard mewing" every day, all day, though I don't feel a "buzzing" sensation so now I'm wondering if I'm mewing hard enough.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2019 11:45 am
Achilles1
(@achilles1)
Trusted Member
Posted by: ohwhatthehell

How hard is "hard mewing"? We talking like as much force as you can muster? Do you put more pressure towards the back of your tongue or the front/middle? You are around my age and these are killer results, so I wanna get as much knowledge as I can!

The way I think about it is like you're trying to win a marathon. You obviously need the fastest speed, but you also have to pace yourself. So I push as hard as I can knowing that I will have to keep it that pressure for 12+ hours. Sometimes when I'm on a roll, I will slowly start ramping up the intensity every minute, until my tongue is completely exhausted and burning. Usually I can feel how my bite has changed slightly afterwards. If I feel I have made significant space on the upper palate within a short period, I will made sure to chew gum. That way, I can realign the lower teeth with the new position of the upper teeth. 

Of course, this process never ends. Just because I made good progress last week doesn't mean I get to slack off and enjoy the new expansion this week. It's just like progressive overload in the gym. I also try to eat hard foods whenever I get the chance, like beef jerky or steak. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2019 11:56 am
bundfalke
(@bundfalke)

So shaving your beard and jutting forward your head is considered progress now?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/04/2019 6:15 pm
Meowth liked
ITZY_BITZY
(@itzy_bitzy)

no change at all... it doesn't work in adults it seems.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/04/2019 9:55 pm
Pame
 Pame
(@pame)
Eminent Member

Sleep has improved a bit. Definitely my sense of smell is more acute. Also, my TMD is about 80% improved. As far as skin goes, I think the redness was the lighting probably, but my complexion is insane now. Like, my skin has been pulled tight by my cheekbones and makes me look much more youthful.

Do you think the skin improvement has to do mainly with masseter growth? Since it stretches out the skin more? Also, have you noticed any changes to your body at all? Like an increase in height or frame width? I've noticed I've grown half an inch in the last 3 months personally after not growing at all for years (Im 20),  and I've heard others report similar things. Might be hitting a second puberty.

This post was modified 2 days ago by Pame
ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2019 6:38 am
mr.mewing
(@mr-mewing)
Trusted Member

Do you think the skin improvement has to do mainly with masseter growth? Since it stretches out the skin more? Also, have you noticed any changes to your body at all? Like an increase in height or frame width? I've noticed I've grown half an inch in the last 3 months personally after not growing at all for years (Im 20),  and I've heard others report similar things. Might be hitting a second puberty.

probably height grow is from posture fix

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2019 6:42 am
mewer113
(@mewer113)

I've been mewing longer than you but I wasted 6 months doing it incorrectly

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2019 3:09 pm
Achilles1
(@achilles1)
Trusted Member
Posted by: bundfalke

So shaving your beard and jutting forward your head is considered progress now?

All you have to do is look at the difference in the aesthetic line to see how much I've changed

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2019 1:33 am
Achilles1
(@achilles1)
Trusted Member

Probably a bit of masseter growth mixed with higher cheekbones. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2019 1:47 am
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register