Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

36 year old male on medium.com  

RSS
Progress
Member Moderator

Disclaimer: This is my story. I am not a doctor. This is not intended to be any type of medical advice.

The object of this article is to point out that —

• yes, changing your Facial Structure after the age of 25 is indeed possible,
  • without surgery or any similar intervention,
  • in a relatively short time period of 15 months,
  • as opposed to the more commonly supposed timeframe of 10 years.

I am extremely satisfied with my results, at age 36.

The key to my rapid and profound transformation, I believe, lies in the power of habit stacking, which I explain below.

Little known and less talked about, although we’re learning now (thanks, internet):

Faces can change shape in two ways, and I’ve experienced both.

1. FACES CHANGE: Slowly, over time.

My face shape benefitted greatly from a Palate Expander when I was about 10 years old.

By the time I was in my 20’s, my face was square, with cheekbones in place.

Over the span of 7 years, however, my face took a dramatic turn for the worse.

It seems to have lengthened, while getting narrower.

And crushingly, my square jawline appeared to have been sliced away with a scalpel, producing more of an oval face shape.

LEFT: February 2013 RIGHT: February 2019

How did this happen?

Basically, I stacked a bunch of insidious habits together, and gravity did the rest.

The complex of habits (according to me — this is not meant to be hard science, just my story) that ruined my face are:

1. Improper breathing
  2. Improper chewing
  3. Improper swallow
  4. Poor posture (in general)
  5. Lack of proper oral posture
  6. Poor diet
  7. Lack of hormone-producing movement
  8. Malocclusion (poor bite)

Unfortunately, I did not catch the fact that my facial bones were eroding until I was age 35.

I say unfortunately, because some smart people have stated that facial bone structure can be hard to alter without plastic surgery after age 25.

The common wisdom has it that:

Meanwhile, proponents of Facial Shape Change point out that even though, yes, it may possible, it could be a long, slow process that occurs over a long time period — a common timeframe being 10 years.

So before you settle in for the long-haul, or reach for the surgery, consider this:

2. FACES CHANGE: Rapidly, If The Right Conditions Are Met

One of the chief proponents of this technique, Dr. Mike Mew, claims to have started his facial transition in his 30’s, guessing it took him maybe 10 years.

I was able to get extremely satisfying results within 15 months, from February 2019 to May 2020.

So the question is:

What did I do differently that could have propelled me so quickly?

For me, I reasoned that there are a few puzzle pieces, that if arranged right, can produce the maximum best results for our facial shape.

The face, after all, is made of not just bones, but skin and muscle as well.

I knew of research by the Weston A. Price foundation showing that diet and chewing hard foods can effect facial shape.

I was also aware of the studies that had been done linking hormones to face shape. (1 and 2)

So my logic was simply this:

If the stacking of bad habits could ruin a face — even after age 25 — could the reverse be true?

In my experience, the answer to this question is yes.

The results of stacking positive behaviors / reversing negative behaviors is what I believe to be the secret sauce for rapid transformation.

Also, it helped me address the following issues:

• sleep apnea
  • bruxism
  • TMJ
  • gynecomastia
  • poor posture
  • a poorly defined neck
  • malocclusion (bad bite). ​

https://medium.com/@cullen_36143/older-adult-faces-can-change-shape-and-its-not-that-hard-603d5b7a1abb

Posted : 25/05/2020 2:41 pm
auxiliary
Estimable Member

Source?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/05/2020 2:59 pm
Progress
Member Moderator
auxiliary
Estimable Member
Posted by: @progress
Posted by: @auxiliarus

Source?

Oh, my bad. https://medium.com/@cullen_36143/older-adult-faces-can-change-shape-and-its-not-that-hard-603d5b7a1abb

Kind of a weird article, he doesn't actually explain what he did for his results. Also he claimed his face got worse over the years, however I don't see it, his after picture where he claims that it is his "worse-face" actually looks better than his before picture when he claimed he had really good facial bone structure. I have to admit his most recent picture looks really good though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/05/2020 4:13 pm
Progress
Member Moderator

Source?

Oh, my bad. https://medium.com/@cullen_36143/older-adult-faces-can-change-shape-and-its-not-that-hard-603d5b7a1abb

Kind of a weird article, he doesn't actually explain what he did for his results. Also he claimed his face got worse over the years, however I don't see it, his after picture where he claims that it is his "worse-face" actually looks better than his before picture when he claimed he had really good facial bone structure. I have to admit his most recent picture looks really good though.

From reddit:

*Teeth together.
*More of a push. I aim for suction though
*If I'm paying attention, hard tongue action. Bulk of time prob spent gentle
*I don't do anything special with my lips.

The most underrated thing in my opinion is the push swallow! I take it very seriously.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Mewing/comments/gqfg0o/36_year_old_man_mewing_facial_transform/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/05/2020 5:51 pm
Apollo and Adam liked
auxiliary
Estimable Member

Source?

From reddit:

*Teeth together.
*More of a push. I aim for suction though
*If I'm paying attention, hard tongue action. Bulk of time prob spent gentle
*I don't do anything special with my lips.

The most underrated thing in my opinion is the push swallow! I take it very seriously.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Mewing/comments/gqfg0o/36_year_old_man_mewing_facial_transform/

I wonder how important suction is and teeth together. This is why I wish we had darned scans of recessed vs non-recessed faces. Is the back of the palate at the same height in recessed vs non-recessed or is it lower in non-recessed people? Do non-recessed people have more dental attrition, especially on their front teeth or not?

There's so many possible ways of mewing, the perfect method could be found if we knew the differences between recessed vs non-recessed profile. For example perhaps pulling the back palate towards the anterior mandible may be very important.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/05/2020 6:40 pm
Robbie343
Trusted Member

Man this gives me hope. All of those negative habits pretty much line up with me. My face 4 years ago is drastically different than today’s. My case is even worse than his though I would say. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/05/2020 8:21 pm
Robbie343
Trusted Member

His cheekbones shot out that’s crazy. Did the orbits come up too I can’t tell. 

@progress I remember seeing a before and after of you where it looked like yours came out and also upward. Is that correct? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/05/2020 8:49 pm
PaperBag
Estimable Member
Posted by: @robbie343

Man this gives me hope. All of those negative habits pretty much line up with me. My face 4 years ago is drastically different than today’s. My case is even worse than his though I would say. 

His before photo doesn't even look that bad, though so many men don't take any photos without facial hair so it's harder to tell where they're starting from.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/05/2020 2:52 am
Adam liked
Adam
 Adam
Eminent Member

I think he basicaly did hard suction periodicaly - suction of spreaded posterior third with added force, and normal suction over the course of the day. Nice results. Its a point against jutting, but still doable in relaxed jaw and teeth levitating (jamo style).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/05/2020 6:39 am
Progress
Member Moderator
Posted by: @robbie343

His cheekbones shot out that’s crazy. Did the orbits come up too I can’t tell. 

@progress I remember seeing a before and after of you where it looked like yours came out and also upward. Is that correct? 

Not sure if they came upward in my case, but they did come out a little.

I wonder how important suction is and teeth together.

For what it's worth, at face value it does appear like his temporalis proportion has increased in the latest picture. He mentioned that he had been chewing incorrectly in the past. I'd be very interested in hearing precisely what that means. His emphasis on the importance of proper swallowing is also interesting, since not many attribute their success to it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/05/2020 7:09 am
Adam
 Adam
Eminent Member

He had crazy bone structure in before aswell, you can see that even in picture with head tilt. I personally think jamo and helmut transformations are more shoking because they look like completely different people. Nontheless, very nice progress proving that mewing works regardless age, but im not so sure he should sell mewing tutorials for 47$ 😛 He is a nice guy tho and shares on reddit freely.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/05/2020 3:24 pm
Yusu
 Yusu
Eminent Member

Hmm he is selling tutorials? lol

what do you think refers to the pushing out of the cheekbones?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/05/2020 4:46 pm
Adam
 Adam
Eminent Member
Posted by: @yusu

Hmm he is selling tutorials? lol

what do you think refers to the pushing out of the cheekbones?

What do you mean? How he got it? Mewing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/05/2020 5:21 pm
Yusu
 Yusu
Eminent Member

I can't believe that his cheekbones popped out drastically but his undereye / bugged eyes stayes the same

And why should I buy mewing advice lol??

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/05/2020 5:49 pm
Robbie343
Trusted Member

@paperbag

i agree he looked good. Tbh most Mewers look fine to begin with anyway.

He grew cheekbones at 35 which is awesome. This motivates me to get mine back. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/05/2020 9:08 pm
ayla mao

Well considering the fact he posted this link on reddit to sell his "mewing course"

https://modernmonastery.mykajabi.com/offers/ikvNtq2e/checkout

I am skeptical to say the least, dude probably got fillers and is trying to scam people now. I might even believe him if he weren't trying to sell something, but this makes it obvious.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2020 12:45 am
Yusu and Kyte liked
ayla mao

Also his advice on saturated fat and hormones is just cringe. Every single respected medical professional agrees that saturated fat will do major damage to your heart health. This isn't even debatable.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2020 12:49 am
Yusu
 Yusu
Eminent Member

@ayla-mao

Naaah, saturated fat like coconut oil is GOLD for testostosterone. There are many studies and it is healthy. But there are ofc bad saturated fats

However, I think this is fake

He even did not hard mewed at all and in 15 months his face changes that drastically? that is ridiculous. The fact that he wants to create hope and sell an advice for 50 even more... 

Also again drastic change in cheekbones, zero change in eyes makes no sense.

He got fillers or whatever. Look at his jaw... 15 months... Not hard mewing... If course

He looks also in his before picturs up so that the after pictures seem even more different

why should you take such pictures where you look up? I even think the second and third pictures are created in mear time. In the last he just has better lighting and is sucking his cheeks and biting down. Creating much more cheekbone projection. An indicator for this could be his hair

•  
ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2020 3:05 am
moemoe

That picture of the course was shared by someone else. The course he shared is this one

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2020 3:56 am
Yusu
 Yusu
Eminent Member

@moemoe this guy wants 700???

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2020 4:06 am
moemoe

apparently 😆 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2020 4:08 am
ayla mao

Also again drastic change in cheekbones, zero change in eyes makes no sense.

Yeah this one makes it clear this is some form of plastic surgery. You simply cannot have such a DRAMATIC change in your zygomatic bones without changing the shape/appearance of your eyes. I am no expert so correct me if I'm wrong though, but the zygomatic bones form a big part of your "orbits" the house of your eyes.

Another easy way to tell would be if he had any teeth/palate/bite changes, but he did not provide any such pictures.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2020 6:59 am
Adam
 Adam
Eminent Member

You can have forward growth w/o hunter eyes - look Cillian Murphy.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2020 7:04 am
Yusu
 Yusu
Eminent Member

@adam

but such drastic changes in cheekbone while mewing without any changes on eyes shows that this are fillers or surgery

How should the maxilla effect the cheekbones so drastically while the eyes remain unaffected

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2020 8:03 am
laclippers

@yusu he got great cheekbones in the before picture so its not that drastic if you compare both , what it makes look that drastic is his jaw widened and he created hollow cheeks , also i think he used an other camera in the after picture and the light is much better 

he wrote also he used the push swallow by dr mew which if used correctly adds much more force to the palate than hard mewing .

but still the fact he wants to sell some program for that amount of money makes it hard to believe , i really want to believe him but you never know and i saw much scam progress and transformation on reddit 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2020 9:32 am
Yusu liked
PolHolmes
Eminent Member

Different lighting, angle, and he lost weight in my opinion. I don't think facial dimensions have changed that much at all, lips, eyes all look the same size.

Plus, his after photo really looks creepy...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2020 10:59 am
Yusu
 Yusu
Eminent Member

He answered to my assumptions that it is fake with "no" and said he had success because of diet and so on...

He answered nearly all reddit comments

BUT he did not answered my question which I postet two times: why his eyes remained uneffected from maxilla vhange which is impossible

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2020 11:38 am
Progress
Member Moderator

@moemoe

@Yusu

@ayla-mao

Where did you come across this? It wasn't to be found on his Reddit post history nor his Medium profile. If it was shared by someone else, I'm inclined to think they are just messing with him out of maliciousness -- if he wanted to sell you something, would he not naturally share the links himself? In any case, currently the price is set at 0$.

Here is another photo from him. If fillers, it is well above-average job, since the result doesn't look unnatural at all:

BUT he did not answered my question which I postet two times: why his eyes remained uneffected from maxilla vhange which is impossible

Is there any reason to expect him to know? Not even us on this forum are able to predict how anyone's face is going to change (and we have been at this for years). To me it seems that most of the change has occurred through expansion. From Ronald Ead's MSE adventures we know that expansion doesn't necessarily significantly affect the sub-orbital area.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2020 1:39 pm
Yusu
 Yusu
Eminent Member

@progress

I talked to his reddit account (if it is his account), he didn't deny that he sells it but also didn't say he does, so idk.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2020 2:08 pm
Yusu
 Yusu
Eminent Member

Also I believe that mewing works but he didn't even mewed hard at all, I am just saying that I don"t believe this, my opinion

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2020 2:11 pm
moemoe

@progress He posted the link himself twice on the reddit thread but he deleted both posts.

edit: Had a look on archive.org and its time machine but no snapshot was taken of that reddit page

edit2: here is his course page from my browser history. Modern Monastery https://modernmonastery.mykajabi.com/offers/ikvNtq2e/checkout

It is now advertised for free 0$, in exchange of your email address. Perhaps he realized he would not make money after all

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2020 2:41 pm
EddieMoney and Yusu liked
Progress
Member Moderator
Posted by: @moemoe

@progress He posted the link himself twice on the reddit thread but he deleted both posts.

edit: Had a look on archive.org and its time machine but no snapshot was taken of that reddit page

edit2: here is his course page from my browser history. Modern Monastery https://modernmonastery.mykajabi.com/offers/ikvNtq2e/checkout

It is now advertised for free 0$, in exchange of your email address. Perhaps he realized he would not make money after all

Thank you.  From what I understand, his intention was to sell the course as a package of everything that he was doing in order to achieve the results. Frankly I don't see how this would inherently illegitimize his results or turn him into a scammer (asking monetary compensation for sharing legitimate information is not an outlandish concept)... especially given how little advertising he was doing and how generously he was answering the questions of others. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2020 3:42 pm
auxiliary
Estimable Member
Posted by: @moemoe

That picture of the course was shared by someone else. The course he shared is this one

Omegalul, take picture of yourself from a low position with camera, already have a good face structure, lose a ton of body-fat, dehydrate yourself from sweating(hoodie run) and then take a proper picture from a good camera height and angle = 700$ course.

Dude's a snake.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2020 8:53 pm
Fiver and Yusu liked
dm222
Trusted Member

19.680 dollars worth of painfull surgery and dental appliances

Fake like the chin guy, who disappeared, why do you believe this [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated].

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2020 3:27 pm
Yusu liked
theposturelaw

Part of me feels like this guy is genuine, but the other part thinks its definitely fillers. Kinda hard to believe considering he doesn't hard mew, if he did hard mew it would be more believable 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2020 6:09 pm
RamonT liked
Robbie343
Trusted Member

@theposturelaw

I believe he mentioned he did both hard and soft mewing mainly in an upwards direction.

I mean he is in his 30’s and with a wife as am I and I couldn’t Imagine scamming with fillers but hey it is reddit so who knows. 

He’s right about the possibility of losing your facial structure though. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2020 9:46 pm
dm222
Trusted Member

anyway, even if it is true, it only proves you can change your face, because he looks worse in the after for the average person...

I've shown some average people who dont know about this mewing stuff to try to convince them to mew and they said he looks worse after

about eye area, most people learn how to fake it, like astrosky and others who squints to oblivion in the afters.

he looks like he has more under eye support, it is usually more visible on the side profile, which would be interesting to see.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2020 6:48 pm
Elwynn
Estimable Member

@progress

Thank you.  From what I understand, his intention was to sell the course as a package of everything that he was doing in order to achieve the results. Frankly I don't see how this would inherently illegitimize his results or turn him into a scammer (asking monetary compensation for sharing legitimate information is not an outlandish concept)... especially given how little advertising he was doing and how generously he was answering the questions of others. 

The fact that he's selling a course on how to achieve facial improvements gives him a strong incentive to make the before-after photos appear impressive, regardless of whether his actual results were impressive or not. He might have achieved some progress, but 1) they're probably not as significant as they seem in the pictures, and 2) his claims are more doubtful, since his attempt to make money relies on people believing his claims 

24 years old

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/05/2020 1:42 pm
Progress
Member Moderator
Posted by: @elwynn

@progress

The fact that he's selling a course on how to achieve facial improvements gives him a strong incentive to make the before-after photos appear impressive, regardless of whether his actual results were impressive or not. He might have achieved some progress, but 1) they're probably not as significant as they seem in the pictures, and 2) his claims are more doubtful, since his attempt to make money relies on people believing his claims 

Then again, being motivated enough to sell your course so as to fake your progress should usually mean that you'd go out of your way to make people aware of the course, rather than avoid discussing the topic at all. If your intention is to sell a course, but you are not bringing attention to the course, why are you sharing your results at all? The only legitimate reason I can come up with is that he is gauging how believable his results are based on the reaction of others.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/05/2020 2:33 pm
Elwynn
Estimable Member

@progress

Maybe, but it's possible that he just doesn't know how to promote the course effectively.

24 years old

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/05/2020 10:59 pm
TiagoAlmeida

My thougths on this one:

4 pictures, diferent angle, diferent lens, diferent ligth, diferent haircut, head covered with scarf...

Come on, everyone, these photographic tricks are older than all of us.

When it’s legit, people take photos in “as similar as possible” conditions. Not the case with Mr. Plastic Man here, going back and forward with is face. I guess everyone understands how mewing works slowly and moderatly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2020 6:58 pm