The Great Work Community Chat
Only logged in users are allowed to enter the chat

Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

33yo palatal expansion?  

RSS
dennisvn

hi im trying to find out some if its possible/advisable for me to expand my palate,

i have dental work that has to be done first because of years of neglect but if thi is fixed i want to know my options for

straightening my teeth, the reason i ask this here is because i found out regular dentist have a certain narrative that i do not agree with, like pulling healthy teeth wisdom teeth and remolars, which i do not want to be removed.

Posted : 16/07/2019 10:55 am
Sailor87
Eminent Member

For sure you can expand your palate by mewing. If you are not able to get your whole tongue up there, it will be more difficult. Your palate looks narrow, so thats likely the case. Your age is not a problem. But the more narrow the palate, the more effort is required. 

Im not sure about straightning of the teeth, that will take longer, first you need to make room for it, and then you still might need more than mewing, I dont think it will fall in on its own. 

And expansion requires alot of dedication if your palate is very narrow, so try and see how well you can fit your tongue there, if its too difficult maybe you should consider an appliance. 

Good luck! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/07/2019 3:02 pm
dennisvn

would it be helpfull to press with my thumb against the roof of my mouth and sideways? it feels the ridges get stronger if i do it, just like surface of a dogs palate. i cant believe how crooked my teeth were and that i never noticed it before  seeing the above image,

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/07/2019 7:22 am
CristinaRose

I just saw this last night on YouTube by Astro Sky.  I tried it this morning and strangely afterwards, it felt like my tongue fit better on the roof of my mouth

https://youtu.be/8L0xk3QjwZo

Also, don't get your wisdom teeth pulled or any other teeth, try Mewing for a year or two first before anything else.  You may be surprised of great things happening in your mouth.   I wish I hadn't got mine pulled, the top ones fit just fine.  My dentist told me it's just "too hard to clean them" so I followed her advice.  3 or so years later, my face seemed to be growing downward.  Thank goodness I discovered Mewing and this website.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/07/2019 2:00 pm
justdoit
Posted by: CristinaRose

I just saw this last night on YouTube by Astro Sky.  I tried it this morning and strangely afterwards, it felt like my tongue fit better on the roof of my mouth

https://youtu.be/8L0xk3QjwZo

Also, don't get your wisdom teeth pulled or any other teeth, try Mewing for a year or two first before anything else.  You may be surprised of great things happening in your mouth.   I wish I hadn't got mine pulled, the top ones fit just fine.  My dentist told me it's just "too hard to clean them" so I followed her advice.  3 or so years later, my face seemed to be growing downward.  Thank goodness I discovered Mewing and this website.

It is strange that you felt your tongue fit better in your mouth after just one round of thumb-pulling. The original thumb-pulling post I saw here reported a 0.16mm change in IMW over a whole day of face-pulling (2 mins every hour I think). Would be interesting if you measured your IMW using some digital calipers before and right after face-pulling, as well as after a few minutes have passed to see if some IMW is lost. I don't want to mess with face-pulling right now because I first want to gain some permanent expansion using Hard Mewing to assure myself that I can permanently sustain any expansion.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/07/2019 4:11 pm
elevee
Trusted Member

Wow,  incredible video from Astrosky!

Yes, @dennisvn, you can expand. And to a large degree your teeth will straighten themselves as you get more space.

Like you I have an empty spot from a missing tooth from years of dental neglect, and I found that the usual rules of tongue expansion don't always apply when you've got a space--it's just too easy for relapse to occur. I ended up getting a removeable Y plate expander that that has gotten me over the hump of 38mm. Now I feel much more able to maintain correct posture, and if I miss a day with the expander its not tight when I put it back in. If you have a hard time getting expansion really rolling, you might look into this as a next step rather than pulling teeth.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/08/2019 7:54 am
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Please Login or Register