Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

30 to 31yo - mewing for a year - last 6 months PALATE pics  

RSS
dm222
Trusted Member

Start mewing march 2019 Dont have day 1 pics

First pic 10/2019

Second pic 03/2020

I didnt realize I had any change untill i took a picture, and though I might share. Been focusing on mewing at the back

Posted : 05/03/2020 7:28 pm
Azrael liked
Azrael
Estimable Member

Was the medial diastema there before mewing or did it form after?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/03/2020 12:03 am
jungerAdonis

the camera angle could play an important role here

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/03/2020 5:09 am
dm222
Trusted Member
Posted by: @azrael

Was the medial diastema there before mewing or did it form after?

I had it before

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/03/2020 7:33 am
dm222
Trusted Member
Posted by: @jungeradonis

the camera angle could play an important role here

before palate was almost as wide at the front as at the back. now its more wide at the back. I see that in real life too. front didn't expand. (I think)

went from U to \_/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/03/2020 7:46 am
Elwynn
Estimable Member

@dm222

I can't really discern anything from the photos, but what you're suggesting is interesting because it mirrors my experience. My palate has definitely expanded in the back, between my 2nd molars (my last teeth, since I have no wisdom teeth). However, there has been no noticeable expansion at the middle or at the front. This makes sense in light of the fact that I have been focusing primarily on my posterior third and given little attention to the mid-section of the tongue. I've recently been trying to address this.

24 years old

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/03/2020 10:59 am
dm222
Trusted Member

@elwynn

Open both pics in a new tabs and switch between the two.

You will see.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/03/2020 11:05 am
Azrael
Estimable Member

@dm222

Did you have asymmetry/midline discrepancy before?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/03/2020 12:21 pm
Elwynn
Estimable Member

@dm222

I did, and it's still difficult for me to pin down any change concretely. I don't disbelieve you: you might have achieved improvement. It does appear that the distance between your last teeth widened, but the angles between these two pictures are ultimately too different to be certain of that; you'd need a better way to measure progress.

24 years old

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/03/2020 2:20 pm
max iller
Eminent Member

You have an excellent base, considering your widsom's look like they're almost fully erupted, you already have a very respectable palate. I think you have a good opportunity to make progress. Does your tongue fit in your palate comfortably?

Look forward to your future with posture, make sure to take accurate before/after pics as these ones you posted aren't very empirical my friend, or atleast I can't see much a difference. 

Good luck!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/03/2020 3:58 pm