Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

3 months mewing, see any changes?  

RSS
mewtated
(@mewtated)

33 years old, mewing for 3 months. Hoping someone can check it out and notice if there is any change, other than under the chin? Left was exactly 3 months ago, right is today. Tried to get the same angle, really tough to do, but closest I could get. Prior to starting palate width was 39mm, now it's 40mm. 

Funny enough, the left photo is actually with my tongue on my palate, and I still had saggy skin under my chin. I was able to sort of tighten up that area by doing some exercises from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srMDScSIKOo But maybe mewing also contributed to the tightening under the chin? 

Overall standing posture has gotten a lot better, I've had poor forward head posture ever since I was younger, slowly working to correct this with chin tucks, and sleeping without a pillow. 

Appreciate the feedback, and I also did a more detailed post a few months ago if you want to check it out here: https://the-great-work.org/community/case-discussions/left-side-big-right-side-flat/

This topic was modified 1 week ago by mewtated
Posted : 15/05/2019 3:37 pm
dm222
(@dm222)
Eminent Member

cant tell because one has beard and the other doesnt

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2019 5:08 pm
ohwhatthehell
(@ohwhatthehell)

The under-chin area is obviously much better (which is a result of mewing), the back of your head looks marginally improved, and you do appear to have a tiny bit of upswing. Your posture is also slightly different. Overall, you actually look immensely better in the after photo, but it's still not useful at all as a scientific comparison because of the facial hair.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2019 6:13 pm
detailaddict
(@detailaddict)

Love the username :).  Otherwise I think you do look better - your lower face has rotated upward and your chin is less recessed.  I don't think the beard makes much of a difference.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/05/2019 11:24 am
Youssef El Kaisi
(@youssef-el-kaisi)

In first pic your nose is further from the camera than in the second pic. Also how did you measure IMW?

Youssef

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/05/2019 12:17 pm
elevee
(@elevee)
Trusted Member

I do think its hard to tell because of the beard, but your facial tone appears much improved in the second photo. It almost looks like weight loss but I don't think it is, because your color is also improved. I think you did a pretty great job replicating the pose, and the dark dresser behind your head neatly highlights the curve of the neck, which is much improved. It's a little hard to tell with the light background behind your nose, but it looks like the angle of your nose has changed. Do you think so?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/05/2019 5:46 pm
MewMouse500
(@mewmouse500)

Nope, if your maxilla moved your neck tuft (hyoid bone) should have moved slightly up your jaw line. It's in the same spot. So no. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2019 3:05 am
sharkinator
(@sharkinator)

Neck area/submental can also be a result of bodyfat in the area combined with low hyoid. It has improved tho.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2019 3:19 am
oatmeal
(@oatmeal)
Eminent Member

too hard to tell tbh

just be happy with what ya got so far and post in a year or so since everyone's gonna say 'i see nothing'

edit: it looks like he's tilting his head as well

This post was modified 7 days ago by oatmeal
ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2019 8:10 am
mewtated
(@mewtated)

@ohwhatthehell Thank you, I'm pretty happy with just the tightening under chin. Posture has gotten better, and dowagers hump is almost non-existent compared to what it was previously. Chin tucks for the win!

@detailaddict funny you caught the username, glad you like it 😀  

@youssef-el-kaisi you're right, it's really hard to get that same angle every time I take a progress pic. I measured by simply using a small tape measure, measuring the 2nd to last molar, from tip to tip. Definitely not the best way, but my tongue barely fit on my palate prior to starting, now it seems to fit a lot better, but still need more expanding for a comfortable fit.

@elevee It is also really hard to tell for myself. It looks as if there is a change (besides under chin) I just can't tell what it is. Every time I see the 1st photo, I feel like my face is smushed or something, while 2nd looks more full. Or something like that. 

@mewmouse500 Would that also be true if the tongue is not resting on the palate? Or are you saying while resting the tongue, if the maxilla moved, the hyoid bone would be higher?

@sharkinator thanks for the feedback. I want to reduce it more, so I'm going to continue the neck exercises, and maybe start doing some workouts.

@oatmeal agreed. I'll swing back around next year. 

Thanks for all the feedback and comments, I still have a lot of work to do. What I really want to figure out how to fix is my asymmetry, as well as the slight crooked tooth on the bottom. Hoping mewing can fix this, or improve it even if it's a tiny bit.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2019 1:20 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register