Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Robbie343 case (class 2 div 2) 32 years old  

RSS
Robbie343
Trusted Member

I started mewing and myofunctional therapy early October. I started with 36 imw and at my visit today was measured at 38. Pretty stoked! 32 years old class 2. 

Posted : 07/01/2020 1:23 am
J3tze and dragonshark liked
Elwynn
Estimable Member

That's great to hear! How are you measuring your IMW, if you don't mind me asking?

24 years old

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/01/2020 1:33 pm
Robbie343
Trusted Member

@elwynn

Thanks. she used a caliper

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/01/2020 2:27 pm
Elwynn liked
drunkwithcoffee
Estimable Member

Can you share more about your routine? Do you push outwards against the teeth with your tongue?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2020 1:54 pm
Robbie343
Trusted Member

@drunkwithcoffee

Basically just suction hold. No hard mewing. Just light force. The myofunctional exercises really did transform the awareness and strength of my tongue. It’s strong enough now that it always rests on the palette. I Mew in my sleep now as well. I also had a frenectomy which really helped me get more of my tongue up there.

My posture sucks so I’m also working on that. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2020 3:07 pm
drunkwithcoffee
Estimable Member

Good work, keep it up!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2020 9:07 pm
Robbie343
Trusted Member

@drunkwithcoffee

Thanks. My jaw also came forward about 1mm. I have a deep bite and my maxilla just dropped. It had been brewing for quite a while but these past 2 years I got really retruded and neck compressed quite a bit. 

I started with trying to fix my neck and back pain and that’s how I came to find mewing. I had no idea it was because of my malocclusion.

Fix your deep bites people!  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2020 11:16 pm
Robbie343
Trusted Member

5 months in

So recently I have started applying a bit of force when mewing and I believe I’m seeing more progress. My IMW has moved another mm since doing so (now at 39).

My left 3rd molar has always been tilted outward more than the rest and it feels less so now which to me means the rest of the palate is coming out as well. Thoughts?

At the beginning I could not Mew with my teeth in contact. There was just not enough space. Now I can close my jaws and the tongue has plenty of room to sit on the roof of my mouth. Can anyone tell me what this indicates? Is it just the expansion? I keep my teeth apart when I Mew but this was just an observation I now notice. 

Also snoring has almost stopped. I Mew pretty hard (in all directions) before bed and wake up with still some light force being applied. 

Ive incorporated gum chewing on my premolars only too. Is this good or bad given my deep bite?

I also started some face muscle exercises. The muscles on the right side of my face are significantly weaker than my left I’ve noticed. 

I use an Oura ring to monitor my sleep as well.  My restfullness score was always bad it’s been substantially better in the past few weeks.

I have also been using the PEMF device along my sutures 20 mins twice a day. The same one @greensmoothies is using. She’s right about the release of melatonin post session. I use it on my neck as well for pain, that’s getting better. 

My posture is still bad but the neck and back pain are much better. I don’t feel as stiff. 

Im having a consultation with an experienced ALF practitioner known by Dr Mike Mew. If anyone has any questions you would like me to ask let me know. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/03/2020 8:48 pm
Elwynn liked
Elwynn
Estimable Member

@robbie343

Congratulations on your improvement. It's very encouraging.

I'm intrigued by the PEMF device especially. Have you noticed your progress speed-up in any way after you incorporated PEMF into your practice (or, is it too early to tell, still)? I'm considering purchasing one in the near future.

24 years old

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2020 12:17 pm
Robbie343
Trusted Member

@elwynn

Thanks.

I think it’s still too early to tell in regards to the magnetic pulser. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2020 2:39 pm
Robbie343
Trusted Member

Also I finally got some more x rays back from my ortho. As you can see I’m very asymmetrical. I’ve always had one eye that looked smaller (almost lazy) than the other and the difference in orbital shape I think explains it. 

My right condyle is significantly worn which could correlated with the weak muscle tone on that side. 

It was a bit shocking to see these tbh. Strongly considering ALF and mewing given I looked and felt pretty decent and healthy a few years ago. Surgery last resort since my sleep study came back negative for OSA. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2020 10:25 pm
Sergio-OMS
Trusted Member

I have the impression that the image is not adequately aligned. I couldn't really evaluate the condyles from just that.

I suggest to get a second opinion on the interpretation of that study.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2020 3:46 am
Robbie343 liked
Robbie343
Trusted Member

Met with an oral surgeon. Apparently my jaw joints are worn to hell. They suggested total joint replacement surgery with a le fort 1. Needless to say that’s more than the update I wanted. 🥺. Still on track to do an ALF for a year to see if I can get any help.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/05/2020 11:29 pm
PaperBag
Estimable Member

@robbie343 Were you given an explanation as to why your jaw joints were so worn out?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/05/2020 9:53 pm
Robbie343
Trusted Member

@paperbag

3 possibilities. Bad bite, Lyme or mold toxicity. We’ll see what that blood work comes back as.

Ive looked up the symptoms of Mold and Lyme and basically have them all, physically and psychologically. 

My facial changes are shockingly drastic over the past few years. 
I would post them if I wasn’t so embarrassed. I had a huge lower third and high prominent cheek bones, bulging brow strong neck. All those gone. It’s either health symptoms causing recession or recession causing health symptoms. 

My ALF dentist has seen the same facial changes from Lyme and mold in cases he’s treated. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/05/2020 1:52 am
Robbie343
Trusted Member

Screw it I’ll show you guys. The gonial angle change is remarkable. My head is basically stuck in that posture now. The occipital muscles neck traps and lower back are in constant pain. I’ve read stories from others about TMJ disfiguring your face.

Im 32 so I think ALF and mewing is a long shot. 

For some reason my pictures only stay up for a few days then they disappear. @admin

pics are 4 years apart I believe. Different sides but that’s all I could find 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/05/2020 2:30 am
Azrael
Estimable Member
Posted by: @robbie343

pics are 4 years apart I believe. Different sides but that’s all I could find 

F9989347 597D 4574 A9C4 7231EB9A38D2
17206276 637B 4FB1 AB7F C480ACD7CFB4

The first one is the before, right? The angles are too different, can't accurately pinpoint the improvements.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/05/2020 5:05 am
Robbie343
Trusted Member

@azrael

I’m not showing improvements. I’m showing my recession over the past few years that I’m trying to correct. It mainly shows in the Gonial angle. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/05/2020 12:49 pm
Greensmoothies
Estimable Member

I can see the difference. I also think the mold and Lyme is something worth pursuing. I was looking in to that with a Naturopath because I got a black mold exposure in Sept which made me really sick and even chronically sick, perhaps due to an Epstein-barr virus reactivation along with it but only labs can confirm that. Then COVID put a stop to it, and we lost health insurance for now, so in the meantime I took some herbal tinctures I made from the Buhner protocol and some from Klinghardt's I think. Olive leaf, Rosemary and Cictus Incanus were my favourites. Infections and infestations do take away from the energy we need for development it seems, and maybe even contribute significantly to CFD, it's a wonder to me there's not more info on this phenomena. I also used a zapper and the PEMF (mainly spleen, brain and any pain spots). With the sun increasing I feel a lot better, better than before even, though I still want to get checked to be sure. What's interesting about what happened to me is how quickly I recovered on my own; reading people's stories they can be sick with Lyme and co-infections, mold, EBV for years and even decades, worst case scenario ending up bed-bound. I wonder if it's because I fixed my sleep and made myself a more overall robust person with this work.

Remember this pain... and let it activate you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/05/2020 1:17 pm
Robbie343
Trusted Member

So I got my lab results back and I tested “reactive” to 2 bands out of 9 which shows I’ve been exposed to Lyme at one point in my life. Mold allegin came back negative. 

Ill have my Tmj MRI back soon.

I came across a picture a few years ago showing how my zygo’s protruded much more than they do today. Red beanie is mid 2016 they stayed that way until mid 2018 then I got really flat faced. I chewed gum a lot back then. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/06/2020 7:32 pm
Robbie343
Trusted Member

So I’m on day 3 of my upper and lower ALFs. My Doctor put build ups on my upper and lower bicuspids. I am to leave the ALFs in 24/7. I’m already used to them. I have some minor tongue irritation but it’s manageable.

One thing that instantly change were my morning chocking fits. I think that’s because the molar build ups opened my bite and got my mandible out of my throat. First adjustment is late July. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2020 8:36 pm
Robbie343
Trusted Member

Update. Might be seeing some action around the eye and brow. Eyes looking a bit less buggy and the eye brow seems to have lifted up a bit. First pic is from last December. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/06/2020 9:57 pm
Robbie343
Trusted Member

here’s a front shot. Canthal tilt and hooding seems to be better. I’m reluctant to post side profile pics yet because I have molar build ups in now that push my jaw forward a bit. Sorry for the bad quality.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/06/2020 7:12 pm
Robbie343
Trusted Member

here’s a better comparison I put together. Can’t hide the face if you want to show results ;).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/06/2020 8:45 pm
Apollo liked
Robbie343
Trusted Member

Update. I’m now on my second ALF adjustment. I wore it inactivated for 2 months at first then had it activated on my second visit. It wasn’t very painful and I didn’t feel much pressure. I Just had my second adjustment and now feeling lots of pressure In my palate and through my entire maxilla. I’m expanding at a good rate. I can feel a lot more space created already. No tipping, but all my teeth were tipped in beforehand so I can use some tipping. 

Still mewing diligently. Noticing improvement in my eye area and cheeks. 

I’ve also incorporated neck stretching and weighted chin tucks with a resistance band. 

Other things to note. Before I started this journey my face felt extremely flabby. When I first started myo therapy in Oct 2019 my therapist had me doing two facial exercises similarly to what face yoga people do. I only did them for about The first month. I returned to doing them in the past month and notice a huge difference in the firmness of my face and I chalk that up to just mewing and stopping mouth breathing at night And day. My lips and cheeks were very droopy, now not nearly as much. I believe just keeping your mouth closed and lips sealed can produce good muscular results. 

I have about 12 months more to go. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/10/2020 2:57 pm
Robbie343
Trusted Member

eye and cheek changes. Lips looking less droopy as well. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/10/2020 3:01 pm
cliffbars

Interested in the ALF appliance. Whats your new IMW? Also if you don't mind me asking, whats the cost of your ALF treatment? Good ups on the progress.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/10/2020 8:25 pm