Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

21M - Can you tell me how bad my entire face is?  

RSS
blacktree

I would love to know my facial measurements to see where I stand. 

Pictures of me

Posted : 04/08/2019 11:37 pm
justdoit

I don't know how to objectify "bad" but you seem to suffer from some degree of CFD like most people, judging by your buccal corridors and facial asymmetry (try flipping your front profile to see the degree of asymmetry)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/08/2019 2:12 am
Jelly
Eminent Member

Not bad man. I think you look like a cute guy and some confidence would be in order. 🙂

But since you are here to be analyzed...The main thing I notice that is 'bad' is asymmetry (mouth, teeth, eyes, eyebrows).

But other than that, seen from the side, you don't have a strongly recessed chin or anything like that. Yes it could be better, it's a bit recessed, but it could also be a lot worse. Your teeth are a bit tilted left and right and there's a gap to the right on the pic but not the left, but no crazy overcrowding or anything messed up like that as far I can see.

See this clip. You already have some of the 'warrior' traits! Like a sloped forehead and tight jawline. 🙂 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxwKibwHYEw

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/08/2019 10:26 am
darkindigo
Reputable Member

AUDIENCE: This is ONLY for those with SEVERE lower facial asymmetries that are starkly notable.  This is not for 99.99999% of those who wound up here.  I'm writing this only for the Mewers who happened upon this whole thing...chewed a bunch of gum, ended up with lower face asymmetries and don't know what the crap to do next.  Ideally, go see a TMD guy or gal.  Read general warning at end of post, too.

------------------------------------------------

Maybe try a deprogrammer for a week or two?  Your bite is deep in the front, so don't go chewing gum in the back teeth.  Often, Mewing can cause asymmetries.  Is that new?

FYI - to make a deprogrammer for under $5... a version can be shaped out of https://www.walmart.com/ip/Wilson-Mouth-Guard-Clear-No-Strap-Adult-Youth-Size/11968965?selected=true   You just boil a pan of water and dunk it until it is really pliable.  Then flatten it out really good as flat as you can.  Then you give it a slight tilt (a bit flatter in the back than the front).  Typically you then you heat it again and wrap it around the top teeth, while keeping it flat at the bottom.  Then trim excess.

However, for a variation to deal with a deep bite, you'd trim all excess, except for behind the front central teeth.  Behind the first 2 teeth, you don't trim the length, but heat it again.  Then you give it a good wrap-around right behind the front top teeth so that it's almost like your central incisors are thick/fat behind them.  It'll give an affect somewhat like this:

https://www.jco-online.com/archive/2014/06/368/

See the bubble behind the central teeth?

After a week or two, your jaw should find a good place to rest.  NO CLENCHING ON GUM OR ON THE MOUTHGUARD.  Just wear it whenever, but not when eating.  Take it out to eat.  The real problem with sports guards like this is any type of clenching.  I'm very concerned about football players!!!!!  They put these huge things between their teeth and clench on them.  It shoots their maxillas up and gives them TMD.  It's super sad, as the best ones are pretty heavy to begin, so they are at huge risk for OSA.  Now...exercise usually is good, but not that kind.  I may have to bring awareness to this vastly under-recognized problem.

General warning:  Don't do this if class 3.  This can advance your chin.  Also, it can mess you up if you don't want to drastically change your facial symmetry.  It's generally a good shot in the dark for severe asymmetries where the top front teeth overlap the bottom front teeth.  When this is done (and it goes fast), you may be very, very unhappy with the results and not be able to undo or easily undo.  Huge word of warning here.  If you want to peer behind the looking glass, GET A CBCT and see where your condyles are.  That's a safer route before jumping in and trying any deprogrammer.  The intent of deprogrammers are to position your jaws in a better position with the musculature.  This in and of itself can at times undo asymmetries.  Watch out, though - it's powerful.  Best to consult with a TMJ expert.  To be clear, someone without notable asymmetries who tries this can run into trouble.  DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU!  I TAKE 0 LIABILITY FOR BITES THAT ARE OFF FOLLOWING TRYING A DEPROGRAMMER.  THIS IS NOT JUST ME SAYING THIS> THERE IS REAL RISK.  For example, check out this sad person: http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/2014/03/what-is-deprogrammer.html?m=1   (read comments in their entirety).  In the comments, it is mentioned some problems with anterior loading devices.  If you want to try their recommendation & don't have a cotton roll to preview an anterior loading device, just grab your wifes/girlfriend's lightest flow tampon.  If the anterior test is not successful, then just scratch the bubble behind the front teeth.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/08/2019 12:57 am
darkindigo
Reputable Member

Once jaws are settled, hopefully asymmetry is helped.  If maxilla is canted notably, check out SLDA appliance.  It widens arches, too.  Cheaper than DNA usually.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/08/2019 1:47 am
totwizzy
Posted by: @blacktree

I would love to know my facial measurements to see where I stand. 

Pictures of me

U got nice deep set eyes and cheekbones

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/08/2019 11:35 pm
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

@darkindigo

I had a mouth guard for  afwe years and it definitley made me grind my teeth like crazy i stopped a while back but why do we clench with mouth guard in and can we reverse the efects?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/09/2019 9:56 pm