Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

20 months mewing ages 16-18 no results  

RSS
harrykanemaxilla
Estimable Member

November 2018:

August 1st 2020:

Both pics are teeth in contact.

I have been doing softmewing consistently with some hard mewing at times. Teeth in contact for the first year then switching to teeth not in contact in 2020. Also maintaining better head posture which I have notice I do automatically a lot better. As for my skull I unfortunately notice no changes anywhere. Mandible still in same place, maxilla CW rotated, no forward growth of maxilla, ramus same size. Jawline looks more defined but thats due to raising hyoid for mewing. The only noticeable result is that my upper pallet expanded at the back molars 2mm but may just be teeth tipping. 

mission failed we’ll get em next time

Posted : 01/08/2020 6:16 pm
Loliboly
Estimable Member

Thanks for sharing. Same (lack of)progress as me. The question is what we could be doing to speed up the process and start making real gains. Some questions for you: what is your IMW? And why did you stop having your teeth in contact?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/08/2020 9:31 am
harrykanemaxilla
Estimable Member

@loliboly

My IMW was 33 but now 35. To speed up the process in my opinion I feel like appliances like MSE (Maxillary Skeletal Expander) do the job really well as Ronald Ead has had undeniable results. Definitely don’t do AGGA though cause Ronald ended up damaging is front teeth. MSE gave Ronald a ‘Hulk’ like palate and an Ogee curve. He also said he breathes a lot easier and finds mewing so much easier. For just mewing I feel like hard mewing can speed results but for me hard mewing affects my day as I end up being too focused on how hard my tongue is pressing rather than living life aswell as constantly hard mewing stresses me out. I decided to no longer teeth in contact as the GOAT @EddieMoney said he lowered his Ramus by doing this and my Ramus is too short as my maxilla is too CW rotated. I also have a short lower third and I feel like teeth in contact will shorten the lower third and ramus even more due to the dental height getting shorter.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/08/2020 9:40 am