Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

2 years of "mewing" and my intermolar width went from 37mm to 36.1mm  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS
Cleft

I started mewing a week ago and I can't believe how much my breathing has improved. I can't believe how there's no gunk in my airways when I wake up in the morning. I started because I wanted to improve my looks, my jawline is nonexistant and my chin is weak. But even if I see no improvements in looks, I will continue because of the improved breathing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/05/2020 9:29 am
RamonT liked
RamonT
Trusted Member
Posted by: @cleft

I started mewing a week ago and I can't believe how much my breathing has improved. I can't believe how there's no gunk in my airways when I wake up in the morning. I started because I wanted to improve my looks, my jawline is nonexistant and my chin is weak. But even if I see no improvements in looks, I will continue because of the improved breathing.

I'm glad, bro. Keep going at it, it'll just get better for you.

I started mewing because I used to snore. I stop snoring about 4 months after I started mewing properly. I already reached my goal mewing wise......the rest is bonus =_=........great bonus I should add.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/05/2020 10:27 am
Loliboly liked
RamonT
Trusted Member
Posted by: @azrael
Posted by: @ramont

You will feel and sense the trampoline-like, that Dr. Mew talked about.

Wait, what's this? I do this trampolinish thing (visibly) with the tip of my tongue, is that what you are talking about?

And where did Mike Mew talk about it?

There you go, brother:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh9OqEd5z1k

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/05/2020 10:42 am
Loliboly
Estimable Member
Posted by: @azrael

You will feel and sense the trampoline-like, that Dr. Mew talked about.

Wait, what's this? I do this trampolinish thing (visibly) with the tip of my tongue, is that what you are talking about?

And where did Mike Mew talk about it?

There you go, brother:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh9OqEd5z1k

I have really experienced this feeling the last amount of days. Esxpeially since I started doing hard suctioning and hard mewing 2.0(which I described in one of my latest threads). I think it will be difficult if one hasn't mastered the suction hold, and especially suctioning the posterior third. Somehow a proper suction hold seems to activate the neck muscles. Pushing alone does not produce this feeling, at least not for me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/05/2020 12:17 pm
Loliboly
Estimable Member

@ramont

I started mewing for my aesthetics, but stopped quickly. It was when my girlfriend noted I was snoring that I started taking it seriously myself, haha! Good to hear you accomplished your goal. Does that mean you are able to sleep at your back even with out any snoring?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/05/2020 12:21 pm
RamonT liked
BarretMaxilla

@loliboly

okay im not tryna brag but i sleept on my back no pain or snoring it was comfortable the first time

what does that mean?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/05/2020 12:24 pm
Loliboly liked
RamonT
Trusted Member
Posted by: @loliboly

@ramont

I started mewing for my aesthetics, but stopped quickly. It was when my girlfriend noted I was snoring that I started taking it seriously myself, haha! Good to hear you accomplished your goal. Does that mean you are able to sleep at your back even with out any snoring?

Yes, Totally,100% I sleep on my back and in the hollow position without a pillow. I have not snored for almost 2 years.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/05/2020 1:01 pm
Loliboly liked
harrykanemaxilla
Estimable Member

@ramont

Do you sleep with teeth in contact?

Do you have a recessed mandible?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/05/2020 1:05 pm
RamonT liked
Loliboly
Estimable Member

@ramont

That's great! I am happy for you! 🙂 Did you always sleep on your back? I am trying to get used to it(always been a side/stomach sleeper), but I find it to be quite difficult.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/05/2020 1:15 pm
RamonT liked
RamonT
Trusted Member
Posted by: @harrykanemaxilla

@ramont

Do you sleep with teeth in contact?

Do you have a recessed mandible?

No, and no recessed mandible. I relax my jaw down and forward in one action, I do that in a very relaxed way while I mew.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/05/2020 1:24 pm
RamonT
Trusted Member

@ramont

That's great! I am happy for you! 🙂 Did you always sleep on your back? I am trying to get used to it(always been a side/stomach sleeper), but I find it to be quite difficult.

Thanks, bro. Throughout my life, I believe I've slept on my back mostly.

Do you work out? , Having a strong core, in my opinion, makes a bit easier to get used to sleeping on ones back.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/05/2020 1:28 pm
Loliboly liked
harrykanemaxilla
Estimable Member

@ramont

I sleep on my side and whenever I sleep on my back I end up snoring even as a mewer. I also find it very uncomfortable to sleep on my back. I have a recessed mandible so that doesn’t help. I do need to work on my core thanks for the advice. Do you have any other tips to back sleeping?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/05/2020 2:14 pm
RamonT liked
RamonT
Trusted Member
Posted by: @harrykanemaxilla

@ramont

I sleep on my side and whenever I sleep on my back I end up snoring even as a mewer. I also find it very uncomfortable to sleep on my back. I have a recessed mandible so that doesn’t help. I do need to work on my core thanks for the advice. Do you have any other tips to back sleeping?

Train your jaw so that you can relax it down and out keeping your lips together, of course, it will feel forced and weird at the begging and even unnatural, but in time you'll be able to fall asleep faster doing that, it somewhat becomes the cue before you fall asleep, it will take time but with constant practice is very doable.

Try to sink into the bed; at first, you want to press your whole body against the bed and then relax and feel your whole body sinking into the bed, focus on pressing more with your sacrum bone and mid-back and keep the whole back as flat as you can and totally relaxed. To get used to that position, it's easier if you add 1 or 2 pillows bellow your hamstrings, add diaphragmatic breathing and feel your body sinking and plastering to the mattress or any surface you sleep in as you breathe.

The majority of the new stuff one gets into, are usually hard before they become easy, One has to just stick with it go at it, baby step and you will progress without a doubt, it's just practice really.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/05/2020 2:44 pm
Loliboly liked
Loliboly
Estimable Member

@ramont

Do you work out? , Having a strong core, in my opinion, makes a bit easier to get used to sleeping on ones back.

I am currently trying to get consistent with my work outs. My core could use some more stability for sure. I will make sure to make it a priority from now on. Thanks for the advice! 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/05/2020 5:36 pm
RamonT
Trusted Member

@ramont

I am currently trying to get consistent with my work outs. My core could use some more stability for sure. I will make sure to make it a priority from now on. Thanks for the advice! 🙂

You're always welcome, bro.

Try these two exercises for overall core power/strength:

The Romanian deadlift and The Goblet squat, remember to mew while you doing them =_= and always breathe through your nose in and out.

Stay well.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/05/2020 5:50 pm
Loliboly liked
Loliboly
Estimable Member

@barretmaxilla
It means you can sleep on your back, I guess? Lol. In my case, I have no problems resting on my back, but for some reason I just won't fall asleep. Will keep trying though!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/05/2020 7:25 pm
Page 2 / 2