Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

2 year results from a patient treated by Mew  

RSS
ayla mao

What do you guys think? He got noticable results in my opinion. Could it have been better? Possibly. But considering his starting point this is some good improvement. Pics are from Mew's response video to the NY times article.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVz-YT78GWU&t=5464s

Posted : 25/08/2020 5:01 am
Progress
Member Moderator

Looks like an illusion created by head rotation, considering how his ear, jaw and nose rotate in equal proportion.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/08/2020 6:48 am
Kilroy

@progress Agreed, I took a screenshot of the video even before I saw this topic and overlayed the before and after and the rotation of the head , the slight upwards tilt of the head along with the change in the way he holds his lips makes it really difficult to see if there has been any actual change, but it doesn't really look like it when you take these things into account.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/08/2020 7:17 am
Azrael
Estimable Member

@progress I think there's a small improvement. Note how his skin on the submental region is more stretched out in the after pic?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/08/2020 3:12 pm
eternally12

To be honest I think the changes in adults from mewing tend to be far more subtle yet effective over a longer period of time. I think he will look more substantially different in a positive way and in more areas of his face probably when he's around 35 or so (just an estimate), provided he maintains correct posture. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/08/2020 3:16 am
Loliboly
Estimable Member

@progress

Your observation regarding his head being rotated seems to be accurate. But I am not sure if they can account for the changes in his nose. I don’t know about you, but to me it nearly looks like he he had a nosejob.

By the way, it should be noted that M. Mew stated in his commentary on the article that these pictures are far from the best results he is getting in his adult patients. He also told Bret Weinstein on the Dark Horse Podcast that he is holding back on his best cases. While I don’t understand the reasoning for this strategy, it is exciting, provided these statements are true.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/08/2020 2:38 pm
ayla mao

Nick's reaction video:

https://youtu.be/AOrwGDqJwa8

There is a side profile before-after comparison

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/08/2020 2:38 am
Progress
Member Moderator

@azrael True, his oral posture has clearly improved considerably.

@loliboly What about his nose has changed in your view? I too wonder what's Mike's reasoning for holding back on his best cases. The only explanation I can come up with is that he is preparing for some 'great revelation' where he will bring forth all the best cases at the same time. Beyond such possibility, his secretiveness does appear suspicious.

Posted by: @ayla-mao

Nick's reaction video:

https://youtu.be/AOrwGDqJwa8

There is a side profile before-after comparison

Thank you, that was a much better comparison.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/08/2020 6:18 am
Loliboly
Estimable Member

@progress

In the pictures provided in OP, his nose seemed to have gone from quite rounded to quite straight. But in the later pictures from the side, these differences shrinks respctevly. His nose doesn’t seem to have been that round from the beginning, and if any change took place, it was indeed subtle. Nothing I could point out myself. The later GIF gives me the impression that some forwards growth took place, but I can’t point out any specific areas, so this may be due to slight differences in camera angle. Though I have to say, the angles seems very similar. I am pretty shure his philtrum changed a little bit though, no? What do you think of the side views?

Regarding Mikes claim about holding back, you put into words exactly what I have been thinking myself. It does seem suspicious. But I really hope there is nothing to it. Hopefully we will get to see these alleged pictures and become as imparessed as Mike himself seems to be with them.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/08/2020 1:45 pm
Progress
Member Moderator
Posted by: @loliboly

I am pretty shure his philtrum changed a little bit though, no? What do you think of the side views?

I agree, that is an area where the change seems the most obvious. The subtle reduction in the protrusion of the nasal base is reminiscent of the differences that can be seen in some of the comparisons I have shared in my own thread. I think that this may result from expansion creating room for the nasal cartilage to sit deeper within the nasal cavity.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/08/2020 3:20 pm
Loliboly liked
Meowxilla
Eminent Member

I think there is not enough evidence to believe you can achieve changes with posture at this age. Mike Mew is coping in my opinion and has confirmation bias. It's really simple. Stop being blind.

You need stronger forces to move bones at this age. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2020 6:10 pm