fbpx
Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

2-YEAR PROFILE IMPROVEMENT

mscottxy
(@mscottxy)
10+ Forum Posts

https://reversedental.wordpress.com/photos-year-3/  

Topic starter Posted : 14/08/2018 3:54 pm
Mewer000
(@mewer000)
10+ Forum Posts

what were you practising/using to achieve these results? were you just hard mewing and chewing  or just palatal expansion device? Also how old were you when you started your journey?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/08/2018 5:29 pm
EddieMoney
(@eddiemoney)
500+ Forum Posts

What a great transformation ! Since your incisors didn't really procline much more than their original angle, I can visibly see a reduction in your Mew indicator line based on the improvement in your nasolabial angle. Your angle went from obtuse to 90° which clearly shows that your maxilla did in fact move forward.

You reverse aged basically and your results look amazing. How old are you?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2018 2:45 am
krollic
(@krollic)
500+ Forum Posts

nice work fellow kiwi :]

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2018 3:42 am
mscottxy liked
EddieMoney
(@eddiemoney)
500+ Forum Posts

Let this be a reminder to the people who still think that bone shifting in adults isn't possible 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2018 8:53 am
Mewer000
(@mewer000)
10+ Forum Posts

The OP admitted he had no forward maxilla movment, only palate expansion, his chin position seems to be changed from his new bite formation rather than any facial bones moving. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2018 11:29 am
mscottxy
(@mscottxy)
10+ Forum Posts

I don't think I've achieved any bone movement. Maybe some minimal flaring of the dentoalveolar bone, plus some flaring of the teeth / molars.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 15/08/2018 2:33 pm
Mewer000 liked
mscottxy
(@mscottxy)
10+ Forum Posts

my chin hasn't moved either, just a little lower lip improvement from the lower incisors going from lingually inclined to vertical. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 15/08/2018 2:35 pm
mscottxy
(@mscottxy)
10+ Forum Posts

I was 36 at start of treatment, 38 now. It's been a hard grind wearing upper and lower sagittal expanders and about a year sleeping in a faceframe trying to prevent the molars from moving back, which didn't really work. Look at the molars in the three side shots, you can see they have moved back about 1cm, are tipped slightly backwards, and no longer articulate as they should. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 15/08/2018 2:39 pm
Mewer000
(@mewer000)
10+ Forum Posts

Thanks for the honest reply, most would claim to have achieved some forward movement from the results which you could have easily gotten away with 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2018 3:41 pm
Dominik
(@dominik)
100+ Forum Posts

🤔 that thing about not being breast fed ... same with me. Only 2 months. Grandma (step mother) wanted mom to abort me, put mum through immense stress, she had no milk. Same situation with my brother, in his case it was just 2 weeks. We both lived off cow-milk (fresh from local cow) for about 3 years after... my brother has immune system issues because of this, I seem to be ok in that department.

Are you missing teeth? Looks like premolars were extracted? Both? Are those the 2 molars and the wisdom teeth? Those spaces between the teeth... not good.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/08/2018 6:08 pm
mscottxy
(@mscottxy)
10+ Forum Posts

I was missing all 4x upper and 2x lower premolars. When I was 13 I had 6 baby molars pulled, then the existing adult molars pulled forward. I've been reopening those spaces for two years, and will get implants. I'm looking at bimax because nothing can really do the job like cutting the maxilla bone and reconfiguring it. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 18/08/2018 5:22 pm
EddieMoney
(@eddiemoney)
500+ Forum Posts
Posted by: mscottxy

I don't think I've achieved any bone movement. Maybe some minimal flaring of the dentoalveolar bone, plus some flaring of the teeth / molars.

No palate expansion? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/08/2018 9:04 pm
Keengo
(@keengo)
100+ Forum Posts

You didn't explain what you were doing. Did you only just wear that dental plate thing?

You never tried mewing or don't normally have proper oral posture? You might see better results with some other devices that not only try and widen the dental arch but push forward, trying to rotate/move everything in a more "3-D" kind of way over time.

Also, your teeth are pretty messed up/developed incorrectly or poorly.

** The face pulling "bag method" -- https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/face-pulling/#post-3902 **
** Keengo Chin Tuck method w/force (WIP)-- https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/chin-tuck-with-added-force-chin-tuck-2-0-new-theory-inside/ **

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/08/2018 11:16 pm
Apollo
(@apollo)
500+ Forum Posts
Posted by: EddieMoney
Posted by: mscottxy

No palate expansion? 

My interpretation of the statement you quoted is that he thinks both the teeth and the alveolar bone holding them have angled out, increasing his intermolar width, but he doesn't feel that his midpalatal suture separated significantly. If this is right, he still might have some skeletal expansion from bone remodeling making the palate less vaulted. Chewing could be beneficial in this case to help upright the molars.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/08/2018 1:33 am
EddieMoney
(@eddiemoney)
500+ Forum Posts

This looks like bone movement to me. Lateral expansion definitely . 

If "no movement " happened how did the spaces open? 🤔 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/08/2018 10:53 pm
Progress
(@progress)
500+ Forum Posts

I would say it's not movement as much as growth/expansion. It's not necessarily movement if the dimensions of the bone change. Movement would imply that the position of the bone (as a solid unit) has changed in relation to other bones.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/08/2018 12:28 am
mscottxy liked
Apollo
(@apollo)
500+ Forum Posts
Posted by: EddieMoney

This looks like bone movement to me. Lateral expansion definitely . 

If "no movement " happened how did the spaces open? 🤔 

Again, I might be misunderstanding him, but my sense is that he attributes most of the expansion to bone remodeling rather than suture separation. This doesn't mean that there weren't any skeletal changes. Dr. Mew says in the most recent Q/A video that it doesn't really matter if separating the midpalatal suture or remodeling the bone causes the expansion.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/08/2018 12:29 am
Rockyp33
(@rockyp33)
500+ Forum Posts

I wasnt breast fed at all and its funny to think its a cause of some of my problems throughout life

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2018 8:19 am
mscottxy
(@mscottxy)
10+ Forum Posts

the 'spaces' opened mostly through tipping of the molars and incisors, and probably some gross (and unwanted backwards) movement of the molars.  You can see no the pano xray how much the incisors are angled. It's the same with Ronald Ead, who has done this to epic proportions using FAGGA

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/06/2019 8:57 am
elevee
(@elevee)
100+ Forum Posts

That looks like skeletal growth/remodeling to me. Both jaws look larger and the teeth don't appear flared. I think that's a pretty incredible result, honestly. Were you self treating with the expanders? Because, if you weren't under the guidance of a professional to look after your bite, I think maybe you could get really awesome results with a professional, nonsurgical approach like AGGA.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2019 4:55 pm

THE GREAT WORK

Warning:
Your Cranial Sutures Need To Be open for CranioSacral / Jaw Development!