Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

19yo 1+ Year Mewing Story/Progress/Observations  

RSS
MTS
 MTS

I started mewing back in April of 2018, after having braces for years before that and being told that I would have to wear a retainer for the rest of my life. At this time, my chin was very recessed, and I was continously picked on and ignored for the way I looked. This, of course, took a damper on my life and my train of thinking ultimately lead me to mewing. Before even knowing about any of this, I always had a feeling that looks were more than genetic and I was desperate to find answers.

Naturally, I found out about all mewing and put it into effect. I can say, about one year later, that the differences are very noticeable. For starters, my face is much wider and my cheekbones are very prominent. My chin, though still small to most standards, is no longer absurdly recessed.

With these improvements, I have noticed a big change in people's behavior towards me. Essentially, I had graduated high school with no romantic interests, or anything of the sort, and now I have seen girls blatantly flirt with me, and guys actually showing me some respect and treating me normally instead of picking on me for looking bad.

It feels a lot better to not be ostracized from the general populus of people and actually respected and I thank mewing entirely for this. It's a shame people judge based solely on looks, but it is what it is and I'm glad that I can now "fit in" with the rest of the crowd.

I guess a couple of things I would change though, directly related to my mewing, is some asymmetry that I have as well as my chin. While my jawline is well defined, the chin is still small; is this the result of not having the tongue on the roof of my mouth frequently enough, or will this eventually improve too? As for the asymmetry, the right side of my face looks significantly better than the left side of my face. If I had good symmetry, I would have complete confidence in the way I look; what causes such asymmetry? Will it go away with progress or am I doing something wrong?

Overall, I've had a positive experience with mewing so far, from a physical and social aspect, but I think I still have a ways to go before I am where I feel I need to be.

Posted : 20/06/2019 1:55 pm
Usum, 135 and RamonT liked
Pame
 Pame
Trusted Member

Thanks for sharing! Could you do a rundown of your routine? Chewing, posture work, hard/soft mewing etc.

I too have experienced getting treated better by people and receiving more attention from girls, which is definitely a nice thing to experience. Several people have also called me good looking, which never happened before. Pretty amazing that people who are dedicated and willing to put in a lot of work have the ability to improve their appearance. And the more effort you put in the more you get out.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/06/2019 4:11 pm
RamonT liked
Freddie
Eminent Member

It is kind of normal and not a shame our society is so brain washed about look that its making people shameless, but its only biological. Human is attracted only by healthy people. Mewing drastically changed my behavior for myself. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/06/2019 4:59 pm
Kyte liked
Kyte
 Kyte
Estimable Member
Posted by: Freddie

It is kind of normal and not a shame our society is so brain washed about look that its making people shameless, but its only biological. Human is attracted only by healthy people. Mewing drastically changed my behavior for myself. 

This

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/06/2019 5:11 pm
Loliboly
Estimable Member

Good to hear about your progress and thanks for sharing! As Pame said, I am also interested in knowing about your routine. It would also be interesting to hear more about where you started out. For example, did you take measurements and/or pictures? Did you have difficulty breathing? How did things progress for you? And do you feel confident about your mewing technique at this moment?
Otherwise, keep up the good work! 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/06/2019 5:18 pm
RamonT
Trusted Member
Posted by: Pame

Thanks for sharing! Could you do a rundown of your routine? Chewing, posture work, hard/soft mewing etc.

I too have experienced getting treated better by people and receiving more attention from girls, which is definitely a nice thing to experience. Several people have also called me good looking, which never happened before. Pretty amazing that people who are dedicated and willing to put in a lot of work have the ability to improve their appearance. And the more effort you put in the more you get out.

I very much have experienced all that as well. And agree with the rest of what you wrote.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/06/2019 1:00 pm
elevee
Trusted Member

@the_fedora_tippler, pretty sure that some of these posters are closer to your age than the op, and some clearly a little older.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/06/2019 7:13 pm