Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

17 year-old mewing, fruits of my labor🍎  

RSS
keleidoscope

I am 17 years old and have not reached my genetic height limit, nor have my facial bones fully developed. My IMW was around the low 50's, but this may be slightly off since I used a tailor's measuring tape. I have been mewing now for about 1 month and 10 days while doing chin tucks inconsistently and chewing exercises at every meal. These are the results I have seen so far:

Results:

-I have noticed that my masseter muscles have hypertrophied to an immense extent. I have walnuts on the sides of my face. When I clench my jaw I am able to see the individual striations within the muscle.

-I have also noticed my Orbicularis Oculi muscles have become much more pronounced. (or this could simply be my cheekbones protruding out). 

-My face seems to have widened slightly, almost like it was compressed.

-My IMW, I presume, has not changed since I have been wearing my retainer at night, without fail.(I have had braces for several years). Will this be counterproductive whilst mewing?

-My chin seems to be more pronounced as well, and even the muscles around there have grown and I have a muscular chin. It's the strangest thing. It is giving me more of a "manly" look. 

-My maxilla has definitely grown forward, but my mandible hasn't adjusted.

-Also, my voice has seemed to change.

I will continue to update everyone on here of my progress over time and eventually drop some before and after photos. Hopefully, my either failures or successes can be a lesson to others.  Thank you to whoever took the time to read this. Any advice helps.

Posted : 17/02/2019 8:37 am
elevee
Trusted Member

This is very exciting!! Are you taking photos for yourself?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/02/2019 6:50 pm
keleidoscope

No. I was thinking about just doing before then after photo.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/02/2019 8:50 pm
mave
 mave
Posted by: keleidoscope

No. I was thinking about just doing before then after photo.

Why not take more photos ? If you got only 1 before and after, the pics may be in different lighting and angle and the progress may be difficult to see properly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/02/2019 11:24 am
elevee
Trusted Member

Even if you keep them only for yourself, you might find it encouraging. Periodic impressions could do the same, too.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/02/2019 9:15 am
keleidoscope

Okay, I've been convinced.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/02/2019 6:14 pm
Youssef El Kaisi
Eminent Member

Wait how come your imtermolar with is that high? That is impressive adding that you even wore braces which would have made it even smaller. Are you sure you are measuring it correctly?

Note: im also 17 with about 40mm of IMW

Youssef

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/02/2019 10:14 am
keleidoscope

My intermolar width may be 1-2 mm of considering I used a Taylors tape. However, I made sure to be as accurate as possible. Thank you all for the replies. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/02/2019 1:07 pm