Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

13 months Mewing - aged 34  

RSS
mewtated

I made a post about 10 months ago with a side by side image of my first 3 months mewing. I was told to come back after a year, so here we are 13 months into mewing. To be honest, I dont know if there are any structural changes. However, I feel like I have improved my forward head posture and my standing posture. I can now much easier get my tongue on the roof of my mouth. But I still have the problem of one side of my face being bigger than the other. Anyway here is a new side by side taken 1 year apart from each other (I was mewing for one month before the left image). Its hard getting the same angle, this is the best I've got.

Posted : 18/03/2020 4:50 pm
Robbie343
Trusted Member

Looks like clear progress to me! what was your routine like? Chin tucking? How often? Did your IMW change? Congrats 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2020 5:48 pm
Azrael
Estimable Member
Posted by: @mewtated

I made a post about 10 months ago with a side by side image of my first 3 months mewing. I was told to come back after a year, so here we are 13 months into mewing. To be honest, I dont know if there are any structural changes. However, I feel like I have improved my forward head posture and my standing posture. I can now much easier get my tongue on the roof of my mouth. But I still have the problem of one side of my face being bigger than the other. Anyway here is a new side by side taken 1 year apart from each other (I was mewing for one month before the left image). Its hard getting the same angle, this is the best I've got.

Sorry but the head tilt is undeniable and I honestly can't see any changes aside from slightly better orbital support and tightening in the skin under the jaw.

What was your routine?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2020 6:03 pm
Robbie343
Trusted Member

@azrael

Yes his head is tilted but I believe there has been forward growth since he’s now able to adopt better posture. His neck looks stronger and I’m guessing it looks thicker now from the front. It kind of mirrors @Progress ‘s neck change.

If he were to try and adopt his new posture 13 months ago his chin would be non existent. I’m willing to bet he’s taller now too. 

I’m a mewing newbie though so I could be wrong. Maybe the vets on here could better interpret. A GIF could help to see if changes occurred. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2020 7:20 pm
mewtated

@robbie343 Yes there is a slight tilt, but I think this is correct neck posture.. or am I wrong? First one seems so wrong now, but back then, I thought that was correct neck posture. I'm still trying to work on my posture and neck by stretching and constant reminders to keep my head up. Maybe I can eventually give more details on what I did soon. As for height, I was always 5' 6", but just got measured now and I'm 5'6 1/4", so I guess I gained a bit! 

Like I said in my original post, my face is asymmetrical, left side is bigger than my right. I think it's because there is more muscle mass on that side; there may even be a cant in my maxilla, I dunno though.

I just wanted to share 2 more side by side pictures. The first one is comparing September 2017 to March 2020. Just keep in mind I didn't start mewing and working on my posture until February of 2019, so that first pic was my normal posture at that time, and as a side note, I was 10 pounds lighter in that Sept 2017 pic. The second set is of my right side profile comparing March 2019 vs. March 2020. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2020 8:02 pm
Robbie343
Trusted Member

@mewtated

I see positive growth. 

can you share your routine? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2020 8:29 pm
Azrael
Estimable Member
Posted by: @mewtated

@robbie343 Yes there is a slight tilt, but I think this is correct neck posture.. or am I wrong? First one seems so wrong now, but back then, I thought that was correct neck posture. I'm still trying to work on my posture and neck by stretching and constant reminders to keep my head up. Maybe I can eventually give more details on what I did soon. As for height, I was always 5' 6", but just got measured now and I'm 5'6 1/4", so I guess I gained a bit! 

Like I said in my original post, my face is asymmetrical, left side is bigger than my right. I think it's because there is more muscle mass on that side; there may even be a cant in my maxilla, I dunno though.

I just wanted to share 2 more side by side pictures. The first one is comparing September 2017 to March 2020. Just keep in mind I didn't start mewing and working on my posture until February of 2019, so that first pic was my normal posture at that time, and as a side note, I was 10 pounds lighter in that Sept 2017 pic. The second set is of my right side profile comparing March 2019 vs. March 2020. 

The first picture is terrible for comparison but the second one shows the areas of progress I mentioned earlier. Not bad.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/03/2020 4:18 pm
Robbie343
Trusted Member

@mewtated 

Your nose tip looks to have turned upwards as well. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/03/2020 8:25 pm
ohwhatthehell
Eminent Member

There are obvious changes. You look great! Thank you for the inspiration.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/03/2020 1:15 am