Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

1 Year and 6 Months Story and Progress  

RSS
lizz
 lizz

Hello I'm 24 years old and have been mewing for 1 year and half. Just wanted to share my story and observations. I began mouth breathing since I was a baby, not sure how it started but I have baby photos with my mouth open that make me now feel so upset. Growing up my dad always told me to stop hunching over and I never understood how or why I was doing that. Come high school and I had a friend who I noticed would mouth breathe so I immediately shut my mouth. But the problem now was that I did not have proper tongue posture regardless of my closed mouth. Fast forward to college and I get upper back pain, went to doctors and basically was told to stretch. Then one day I was sitting in class and my jaw locked. I go to a doctor who said I have TMJD. So I see an orthodontist and a dentist for advice and was told I could do jaw surgery but eventually I got a night splint that "set" my jaw in a proper place to sleep at night. The dentist even said that my jaw was crushing my wind pipe. I wore that night splint for 1 year and was told to "relax" my jaw. I was so upset and would look all online for any cure to my pain because my jaw would pop and I would get immense jaw pain. Finally, I found Dr. Mew and googled where I should be placing my tongue. Now 1 year and six months later of mewing I have positive results.

1) I no longer hunch over, my jaw was SO recessed that to compensate for it crushing my wind pipe my body stuck my neck out and hunched over to breathe.

2) I can now breathe through my nose, before I would be so winded from climbing stairs and had a bad sense of smell.

3) My upper back pain and jaw pain is now gone, my jaw will though occasionally pop if I chew something hard.

I have combined yoga and mew 24/7 with much dedication and have taken photos for months. I will post pics once I get perfect lighting but believe me when I say my eyes look less sleepy and my face is growing wider. My case is pretty severe, and I still have an overbite from my melting face. I have a long way to go but I'm hopeful.

1 year apart with the same type and amount of makeup. Lighting is natural from a skylight in the room. I know I have a long way to go but I believe I have progressed well.

Posted : 31/08/2019 9:32 pm
Dreez, Agendum and Kyte liked
Kyte
 Kyte
Estimable Member

Hi

I am 25 and your story Is very similar to mine. In particolar the fact that I have always knew to stand straight and to close my mouth thanks to my mother, but not how to do It properly until i discovered Mew 9 months ago while I was looking for a solution to receding gums, TMJD and what causes malocclusion.

If you have always mewed for health reasons first, you are probably doing It right.

You have my support!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/09/2019 4:27 am
krollic
Estimable Member

congrats dude. glad to hear you are finding relief and healing. do you hard mew?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/09/2019 5:25 am
Dreez

Huge congrats on the progress!

Can you post the before and after pic on the same thread? would love to see them 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/09/2019 2:40 pm
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

id love to see the results!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/09/2019 9:47 pm
lizz
 lizz

@dreez

1 year apart with the same type and amount of makeup. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/09/2019 10:27 pm
lizz
 lizz

@krollic

No I don't hard mew, just place my tongue properly and try to drink and swallow correctly. But I mew in my sleep.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/09/2019 10:35 pm
Flurielle

@lizz

Do you have any side pictures?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/09/2019 10:56 pm
lizz
 lizz

@flurielle

Not yet, stay tuned though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/09/2019 11:08 pm
Flurielle

@lizz

Can't wait! 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/09/2019 11:47 pm
krollic
Estimable Member

when you mew do you feel sensations like cracking/moving etc or feel pressures radiating or even hear stuff?

thanks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/09/2019 1:42 am
lizz
 lizz

@krollic

No, I just feel pressure sometimes. If I chew on something hard my jaw will crack/pop because of the TMJD.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/09/2019 12:27 am
ShaktiOm
Trusted Member

Hey @lizz

Congratulations on your progress. You definitely look much healthier in the after picture.

One piece of advice. In the after picture, it looks like you are tightening the muscles around your chin. This makes me think that you might be flexing muscles that you shouldn't be. Focus on you're tongue only, lifting the back of your tongue so that your throat lifts up like you are about to swallow. Then inflate the rest of your tongue like a balloon. This is the strategy that works for me.

Thanks for sharing your story. It's really nice to hear the positive impact that mewing has had on your life.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/09/2019 8:15 am
lizz
 lizz

@shakti_om

Thank you, yes I noticed that this past month as well. I will take note and focus on only the back of my tongue as you have mentioned.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/10/2019 12:58 am
ShaktiOm
Trusted Member

@lizz 

Awesome. Make sure to "inflate" the middle and front part of your tongue as well, with the tip of your tongue on the spot and a relaxed bite. This will encourage expansion and forward growth.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/10/2019 8:14 am
Silver
Eminent Member

Your face is way more symmetrical now! Huge improvement. You look great.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/10/2019 11:05 am
darby_jones

You look fantastic, keep up the good work! I can tell your eyes look more supported.

Any recommendations on yoga poses that you feel make a difference? Or are you just focusing on improving body posture with the yoga? I am a yoga teacher and I wonder if daily headstands might be an avenue for faster progress in facial development.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/10/2019 4:31 am
Share:

Face Development

Please Login or Register